[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titus Young sent home from practice

Big John

You know, what I am about to write might seem trite, but here goes:

To my mind, nothing says "I am a self-absorbed idiot" than a dude who puts "TITUS YOUNG, SR." on his jersey just because he happened to father a kid. The "Jr." and "Sr." tags should be earned over time, and typically they only start getting used when there is a likelihood that the two individuals will actually be mistaken for one another (i.e when the kid approaches adulthood and on legal documents).

But hey: what do I know? Maybe I am just a hater. :-)

You know, what I am about to write might seem trite, but here goes:

To my mind, nothing says "I am a self-absorbed idiot" than a dude who puts "TITUS YOUNG, SR." on his jersey just because he happened to father a kid. The "Jr." and "Sr." tags should be earned over time, and typically they only start getting used when there is a likelihood that the two individuals will actually be mistaken for one another (i.e when the kid approaches adulthood and on legal documents).

But hey: what do I know? Maybe I am just a hater. :-)

I'm with you. When I saw that, all I could think of is a douchebag...might as well slap #YOLO on his jersey as well

Hmmmm... after I spent 30 minutes trying to find historical examples of spamshirts like this (I was looking at players like Kellen Winslow Jr./Sr., Marion Barber Jr./III, and Bobby Bell Jr./Sr.) it turns out that the NFL just started permitting these suffixes on spamshirts in 2012. The player who broke the ban (or better put, for whom the ban was broken) was none other than RGIII.

At least RGIII is honoring his father and grandfather with his Roman numerals instead of bragging about his ability to procreate infant son.

Edited by historymike

Generally speaking, the term Sr is rarely used. The elder is simply John Smith and his son is John Smith Jr. As for RGIII, it's equally silly. His last name is Griffin, not Griffin III. Egotistical self indulgent Dill Josh Gordon-baggery.

Generally speaking, the term Sr is rarely used. The elder is simply John Smith and his son is John Smith Jr. As for RGIII, it's equally silly. His last name is Griffin, not Griffin III. Egotistical self indulgent Dill Josh Gordon-baggery.

Atleast Griffin has played up to his name. If I was a fan of a previously putrid franchise like the Redskins the last few years, and we got a dude who plays how RGIII is playing, I don't care if he slaps "JESUS" on the back of his jersey.