[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In the Wake of the Gronk...

BA Baracus

I am never glad to see a player injured but...I just want to say that I have zero pity for Belichick, the Pats, or Gronk FF owners. Anybody think that Bill might learn his lesson about running up the score with his superstars in the game? I don't. Karma's a bitch ain't it Bill...

I am also glad that the many poorly constructed fantasy teams who have been carried by Gronk's scoring output will now fall flat on their faces. The few good teams that were made great by Gronk will just have to scrap it out with the rest of us now rather than cruising to titles.

Rant complete.

:razz:

I am never glad to see a player injured but...I just want to say that I have zero pity for Belichick, the Pats, or Gronk FF owners. Anybody think that Bill might learn his lesson about running up the score with his superstars in the game? I don't. Karma's a bitch ain't it Bill...

I am also glad that the many poorly constructed fantasy teams who have been carried by Gronk's scoring output will now fall flat on their faces. The few good teams that were made great by Gronk will just have to scrap it out with the rest of us now rather than cruising to titles.

Rant complete.

:razz:

I drafted Gronk 14th overall. I wouldn't call losing a player that was drafted that early and then meeting or exceeding those expectations to date as poorly constructing a team. I hope Karma is, in fact, a bitch and you lose in the first round of your playoffs. :tup:

It sounds to me that your team must have lost to a team that had Gronk.

I have never used a high pick before this year for a tight end and I have been playing fantasy football for 20 years. This year I drafted him in the third round and I would say injury aside it was a great pick. Each week I was getting 10-12 more points from that position than the team I played against. I never had to pick up a tight end due to match up issues (excluding his bye week) and be afraid of cutting someone on my team. Having that spot completed for the entire year is a nice thing to have. Fact is unlike QB, tight ends are very scarce as I picked up Palmer six weeks ago in one league and draft M Ryan in the 7 round in another league. Waiver wire has nothing for tight ends, so pick a Jimmy Graham in the second or Gronk in the early 3rd is a good pick, in tight end mandatory leagues.

I drafted Gronk 14th overall. I wouldn't call losing a player that was drafted that early and then meeting or exceeding those expectations to date as poorly constructing a team. I hope Karma is, in fact, a bitch and you lose in the first round of your playoffs. :tup:

I kind of made it a point to note that not ALL teams with Gronk are crap...but whatever. You can go ahead and take my cynicism personally if you like.

In my small sample size of the 2012 FF universe, there are more than a few leagues where the Gronk team has been trotting out the likes of Michael Bush, Donald Brown, and Rashad Jennings EVERY week and is squeaking by with victories solely because they have Gronk and/or the Bears D.

Depending on your draft position and your league, going Gronk or Graham early could certainly be a good move if you do a good job of collecting mid-round running backs. I suppose that this is a case of me being annoyed that the blind followers of the ESPN standard ranking have enjoyed a nice winning run with basically no draft planning. I certainly won't feel sorry that those blind squirrels won't be finding anymore nuts this season.

Like I said, the good teams with Gronk will still hold their own, it just won't be a steamroll through the playoffs. The bad teams who were riding him...well, there's always next year's draft to prepare for.

I kind of made it a point to note that not ALL teams with Gronk are crap...but whatever. You can go ahead and take my cynicism personally if you like.

In my small sample size of the 2012 FF universe, there are more than a few leagues where the Gronk team has been trotting out the likes of Michael Bush, Donald Brown, and Rashad Jennings EVERY week and is squeaking by with victories solely because they have Gronk and/or the Bears D.

Depending on your draft position and your league, going Gronk or Graham early could certainly be a good move if you do a good job of collecting mid-round running backs. I suppose that this is a case of me being annoyed that the blind followers of the ESPN standard ranking have enjoyed a nice winning run with basically no draft planning. I certainly won't feel sorry that those blind squirrels won't be finding anymore nuts this season.

Like I said, the good teams with Gronk will still hold their own, it just won't be a steamroll through the playoffs. The bad teams who were riding him...well, there's always next year's draft to prepare for.

I'm just bitter because, yet again, the injury bug has reared it's ugly head for me with Demarco wasting away on my roster, Gronk.and inadvertantly Brandon Marshall via Cutler.

I'm just bitter because, yet again, the injury bug has reared it's ugly head for me with Demarco wasting away on my roster, Gronk.and inadvertantly Brandon Marshall via Cutler.

I hear ya. DMC is killing me across the board, with help from Murray, Sproles, and Mathews in various leagues. I go through this crap every year with my RB's. Last year it was Charles, Forte, Fred Jackson, and then AP in a title game. Makes me want to take a TE in the first round next year...

Those teams I mentioned that are starting the crap RB's aren't doing it b/c of injuries...it's because they drafted Reggie Bush in the 5th round as their top RB, which IMO, is just nonsense.

Edited by BA Baracus

I hear ya. DMC is killing me across the board, with help from Murray, Sproles, and Mathews in various leagues. I go through this crap every year with my RB's. Last year it was Charles, Forte, Fred Jackson, and then AP in a title game. Makes me want to take a TE in the first round next year...

Those teams I mentioned that are starting the crap RB's aren't doing it b/c of injuries...it's because they drafted Reggie Bush in the 5th round as their top RB, which IMO, is just nonsense.

DMC along with Miles Austin, Addai and Andre Johnson were my bane last year