[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RG3 or Eli Manning - I know never sit RG3!

bedo14925

I am not sure why but I think Eli Manning and the Giants will come out of their bye week ready to play. I know RG3 has been solid and has great upside always but playing at Dallas this week could really be a tough match up for him.

Eli plays on Sunday night against a Packers team he has lit up in the past and he has to get better this week right?

I am also debating starting Nicks at WR instead of VJax who also has a tough match up.

It's probably just me and I am likely over thinking this but I feel like Eli and the Giants are going to score points on Sunday night football at home against the Packers.

Thoughts? Talk me off the ledge?

You're overthinking it. Don't start RG3 over Manning despite what he has done in the past to them. Quality of teams change over the years at cetain positions. And really? You're thinking about starting Kix over VJax who has been a stud all season? I get that he has very random games at times, but dang man. Kix is the pure definition of random this season. One game of 20+ points and the rest were all stinkers or games he missed that probably put you in a vulnerable spot trying to find a replacement. I personally don't even like New York KNicks as a number 2 receiver the rest of the way. He's been brutal.

Anthrax, I'll take that as a joke....certainly Eli Manning has been far from a stud so I'll ssume you are in a funny way to start RG3 and don't look back.

Pistolkid my WR's are:

B Marshall, H Nicks, VJax and Eric Decker. I have Foster, J Charles, R Mathews and LeShoure at RB.

What I was thinking of doing was starting Marshall and Nicks and using Decker as my Flex rather then VJax or Mathews. I agree Nicks has been bad but also hurt so I think he will have a big game BUT maybe not.

I understand where you are coming from

Anthrax, I'll take that as a joke....certainly Eli Manning has been far from a stud so I'll ssume you are in a funny way to start RG3 and don't look back.

Pistolkid my WR's are:

B Marshall, H Nicks, VJax and Eric Decker. I have Foster, J Charles, R Mathews and LeShoure at RB.

What I was thinking of doing was starting Marshall and Nicks and using Decker as my Flex rather then VJax or Mathews. I agree Nicks has been bad but also hurt so I think he will have a big game BUT maybe not.

I understand where you are coming from

That's understandable. I agree with sitting Mathews. I have never been high on him even before people have claimed him a "sure thing" as a first rounder as a rookie. My response was always "You're claiming he's a first rounder as a rookie, what has this guy even done yet?" Saying all that, having Norv as your coach do very Norv-like things can't help your potential much as an RB, and it's frustrating to see. But I take a similar approach with Kix. At one point, I really liked his potential. Now, I would be extremely cautious using Kix because it's like "what has he done this year besides one big game?". I would probably bench him and root for him to do well so you can get a reason to start him next week without any questions asked.

A little side note, but here's an observation I noticed. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like these Giants receivers that rise up as elite options one year randomly suddenly fall down to earth after a season or two. Remember Steve Smith? It's almost as if Eli gets bored with his previous best target and finds a new favorite target every year (2008 was Steve Smith, 2010 was Kix, 2011 was Cruz). It's obviously kinda crazy to say, but it's very interesting to think about. I hope Kix doesn't keep that trend going but his production has unquestionably slipped within the last two years.

Edited by Pistolkid

You always play your studs. Eli is your stud

I happen to disagree there. Eli has been god awful this season. 6 picks in the last 5 games with only 2 TDs is all I have to say to sum up Eli's performance lately. RG3 threw 4 TDs last week ALONE, which doubles Eli's total from that horrendous stretch. You're starting RG3, no questions asked. That's not even factoring in RG3's 600+ rushing yards and 6 TDs all season.

Thank you for the input folks. I'm just going to go for it and start who has gotten me to the division lead.

QB - RG3

WR's - B Marshall and VJax

Flex - Eric Decker

I am going to pull Eli Manning out for RG3 and at Flex replace H Nicks who was going to replace

( R Mathews) with Eric Decker.

Hopefully it works out