[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My mother died

Lady.hawke

I want to thank all of you, it was a very emotional day for me at an emotional time.

What I am angry about is that the changes to Medicare - due to Obamacare - likely killed my mother. I will be able to elaborate at another time if anyone is interested.

I want to thank all of you, it was a very emotional day for me at an emotional time.

What I am angry about is that the changes to Medicare - due to Obamacare - likely killed my mother. I will be able to elaborate at another time if anyone is interested.

Sorry I don't buy it! Elaborate please. If I'm being cruel oh well. If anything Obama care enhanced health care and didn't touch medicare. I may be sorry for writing this but I am pretty confident this post is BS!

PROVE ME WRONG!

• Like 4

I am very sorry for your loss, I truly am. But I have to point out, you were the one who said SS and Medicare were a ponzy scheme, and attributing to our out of control debt, and not in support of these programs.

What changes in the Medicare program in 2012 could have caused your mother's death? I am not aware of any new changes to Medicare that are in place for 2012.

My Mom has been in the hospital three times, for three weeks per stay, in year 2012. If not for Medicare, her three children would be in debt paying her medical bills, and not able to save for our future. I am indebted to medicare, and the benefits it has provided my mother. She is now moving to a nursing home, and we will be relying on Medicaid in about 3-4 years to support her care. These are programs she and my father paid into via payroll taxes for 40 years.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 2

One thing I have always loved about the old huddle was that, in a time of crisis or pain , board "enemies" always put their swords down and supported a person no matter what their board histories were with each other. I still feel sorrow for you for the loss of your mother and I still offer my deepest sympathies to you and yours but a post like this , at a time like this, just leaves me shaking my head a bit.

One thing I have always loved about the old huddle was that, in a time of crisis or pain , board "enemies" always put their swords down and supported a person no matter what their board histories were with each other. I still feel sorrow for you for the loss of your mother and I still offer my deepest sympathies to you and yours but a post like this , at a time like this, just leaves me shaking my head a bit.

i saw the tag and wasn't sure if this was a fishing trip or not...I decided if it was so be it but figured I would still offer my condolences ...but I am right there with you on the head shaking.

1. That's ludicrous.

2. If you did expound, you'd have to ban yourself afterward.

Condolences on your loss. Unless this is just another one of your thinly veiled fishing trips.

Edited by Czarina