[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That was not a touchdown.

Geo33

I keep hearing that instant replay is about "getting it right" ... and I understand that they don't want the coaches throwing the challenge flag for an unofficial time out ... but that was total bullchives ... if you want " to get it right" then that play should have been reviewed and reversed.

agree 100%

I keep hearing that instant replay is about "getting it right" ... and I understand that they don't want the coaches throwing the challenge flag for an unofficial time out ... but that was total bullchives ... if you want " to get it right" then that play should have been reviewed and reversed.

Agree 100%

What a counterintuitive rule. I understand a penalty for challenging an unchallengable play - 15 yards - and they gave that to them. But to say that BECAUSE he threw a challenge flag they refuse to review it, that is straight up retarded. chives, take a timeout or something, that would make sense, but if it was gonna be reviewed anyway... what??

Bang on

IMHO, reverse the call, but still charge Schwatrz the 15-yard penalty for throwing the illegal challenge flag. That's plenty of discouragement to keep coaches from doing that.

What coach wouldn't give up 15 yards to get a TD reversed?

His challenge is inconsequential to the call, because it would have been reviewable otherwise. So in essence his challenge still does nothing but cost them 15 yards, but the play would still be reviewable like it was.

I dont see any conflict with that idea.

its a dumb rule but one easily avoided by Schwartz. The refs blew the call initially which makes them look bad then Schwartz over rides there stupidity with something even dumber. I agree it should just be a penalty not cost them the review.

Edited by Seahawk

But the penalty is designed to stop coaches from getting a sort of additional time out. The play is automatically reviewed, so he's not giving up 15 yards to get a touchdown reversed. If a coach does it intentionally (which Schwartz did not) he is doing it to stall, not to get the play reviewed. In the case of Schwartz it was just dumb, but shouldn't cost his team an undeserved 7 points.

But the penalty is designed to stop coaches from getting a sort of additional time out. The play is automatically reviewed, so he's not giving up 15 yards to get a touchdown reversed. If a coach does it intentionally (which Schwartz did not) he is doing it to stall, not to get the play reviewed. In the case of Schwartz it was just dumb, but shouldn't cost his team an undeserved 7 points.

I see your point and it is valid but I never have sympathy with stupid people, much less stupid arrogant people like Schwarz. Regardless of my desire to see justice done and the TD negated, the fact that Schwarz was the architect of his own demise strikes me as very funny.

I see your point and it is valid but I never have sympathy with stupid people, much less stupid arrogant people like Schwarz. Regardless of my desire to see justice done and the TD negated, the fact that Schwarz was the architect of his own demise strikes me as very funny.

Aren't you a liberal?

Anyone else get the feeling that TD is going to let Houston win this? Schwarz may well explode if that happens.

Schwartz? If I were at the game, I'd make sure to get the hell out of dodge if I drove. I can see some burning cars in the street of Detroit this afternoon.

IMHO, reverse the call, but still charge Schwatrz the 15-yard penalty for throwing the illegal challenge flag. That's plenty of discouragement to keep coaches from doing that.

15 yards on a kickoff is pretty pointless...kick if further out of the back of the end zone...

So could a team that scores the touchdown throw the challenge flag to prevent a review :brow:

• Like 1