[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye cruel world.........I'm comin to join you honey!

Cowboyz1

"With an 6-10 record and RGme turkey leg shoved up my a$$"

The World I had been living in, you know the one where the Cowboys were good, has been destroyed and has come crashing down.

That's it, I've had it. I have finally been broken. I can't do it anymore. I love my Cowboys as you all know and always will, but today was it. I just can't make excuses for them any longer. I can't come in here and blah blah blah, if if if, and woulda coulda shoulda no more.

Mark it down. Thanksgiving day 2012, Cowboyz1 finally takes off the Homer glasses and is absolutely mortified at what he sees. I've been fighten it and fighten it. Many of you've been telling me over and over again. But I wouldn't listen.

But today I saw the Washington stinkin Redskins come in to Cowboys stadium and lump us up in 30 minutes. 30 frigin minutes. If you'd noticed I have been quiet lately. I've been flirting with the idea of taking off the glasses for a few weeks now. Taking them down and seeing ugly then putting them back on again just hoping it wasn't true. :shades:

But I finally ripped them off and through them down and............well..........I shat. I actually shat right then and there at what my eyes beheld.

There is something wrong with this team. I mean deep down wrong. I don't know exactly what it is but I know this. It's medieval wrong.

For example, how the hell can every single position on the team save the quarterback come up lame. I mean they outta have a a stretcher on the field after every frigin play. Or a designated guy who yells "Coreman" after each and every whistle. Where do they get these players. Walmart. Come on, both starting LBs, Both starting Centers, Starting Ends, Starting Safeties, Starting Tackles, Both Starting Running backs, Starting Corners and Starting Wide Receivers Felix should be dead already. Or at least crippled and in a old folks home. I have never seen so many players go down and come up limping, shaking their arms or rolling their shoulders. I mean damn did some witch from New Orleans put a root on us or something.

Never seen anything like it. The Defense should just run out carrying their own IV bags.

38 points to a sorry Redskin squad at home. AT HOME. WR's running free like prisoners let loose for a night at Woody's titty bar with stacks of 100's in their pockets. One even had time to fall down, brush off the ball, take a compass reading, get up and walk into the end-zone. That's two weeks in a row.

Then there's the running game. 7 rushes 22 yards. 7 times the running back was handed the football only to get stuffed by an unblocked defender............Romo drops back 62 times. If there was a game that once and for all shows the world that Romo is NOT the problem it was this one. He dropped back 62 times and if you add up all the seconds he had to throw for the whole game, you'd get a grand total of maybe 68 seconds to throw the ball. That's about one second per throw. Ridiculous. He should really be in traction by now.

The O line is horrid. I honestly believe I could get 5 guys from the first day of the "biggest loser" show and pay them $1000 each, and would stand there and get in the way longer then the 5 linemen we have now. Seriously. Free is exactly what his names says. Free run to the QB.

Communication..........Romo looks like Mrs. Crabtree out there. Whaa, whaa, wha wha whaaa whaa. Translation:" I have exactly two seconds to throw the ball guys, so run hot. Dez don't go deep. Beasley cross the safeties face." What do they do, run go routes. Beasley and Austion find the nearest safety or linebacker and run behind them. Seen it all year.

Turnovers, I have never seen a team fumble the ball so much in my life. I mean what the F.....k. How does that keep happening.

False starts. Now this is where my Pisstivity level reached the top. First and goal at the 6. Let me say that again. First and goal at the 6 friggen yard line. Down 20+ some odd points. Season on the line. False start. If I'm Garrett, I draw and drop him right there on the field. BOOM...........then i'd calmly raise two fingers and respectfully tell the rest of them, "on two fellas, on two". They wouldn't even question him or throw a flag as everyone would understand. They'd probably be shocked at seeing the guy dragged off the field shot but everyone would just shake their head in understanding and play ball.

No way that can happen as much as it does. Ridiculousness.

Where the hell is a screen pass. I mean what the hell is Garrett doing every week. Not one stinking screen pass. You'd think that if you can't stop the rush then maybe just maybe a screen might work. But NOOOOOoooo that would be to easy. Not in the game plan I guess.

Oh and I thought we moved up and got Claiborne for his ball skills. What ball skills. He doesn't even get near the ball. And what the hell was Carr doing looking over his left shoulder when the player was on his right and pinned on the sideline. Useless.

So with the season on the line, at home, against a sorry division rival, our so called good defense can't hold the juggernaut Redskins below 38 points. Nor can we run the football on a sorry D line or give our QB more then a second to throw the ball. 62 times folks. 7 rushes for 22 yards. Nuff said.

Well that's it. I hereby resign as the official Cowboys apologist. I can't do it anymore.

So here goes. THE COWBOYS SUCK! There I said it. They suck at home.They suck on the road. They suck during practice and for all I know they suck even when there's no one watching em suck. They suck at staying healthy. They even suck at trying to get healthy. They suck in the rain. They suck in the sunshine, and I'm pretty confident they even suck in the snow. Oh and by the looks of things they suck at drafting too.

I think the only thing they don't suck at is kicking field goals, and scrambling for more time.

2012 Cowboys, the year of suckage!

Now there are only eight players I would keep for next year. Slip, Ware, Lee, Carter, Smith, Claiborne, Carr and maybe Jenkins or Dez and maybe Spencer. The rest I would ball up into one big suckage ball and roll them into the suckage pit.

There, now I feel better. Now I can watch the rest of the season in peace.

Happy Thanksgiving All..............! I am thankful that can of whoop a$$ hit me up side my noggin and snapped me out of my delusion.

I think I will be able to spot the signs a bit better from now on.

FYI, As far as my Man Slip, I don't know very many QB's that could do what he does without getting killed. I would just love to see him with a line and any sort of running game..

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 2

I know your pain. I have lived in Dallas 99% of my life. I believe that team is cursed. I believe as long as Jerry has his hands on everything, there won't be no rings anytime soon. Claiborne is not ready for the NFL this year. Every time i've seen him play, he is holding, pass interference or getting burnt. At least they didn't give up 3 scores in 52 seconds like the J.E.T.S did.

If I had to draw one conclusion about the plight of the Cowboys, it was that when Jerry Jones came in they were blessed with tremendous early success. That forever skewed how building teams, handing players, coaches roles, etc. would play out. The Cowboys hit a goldmine with all the Hershel Walker picks and made great choices for them. Jimmy Johnson was a great coach for that bunch of guys since he had a lot to do with picking them all out. Once he was sent packing - a classic stupid move - Dallas was able to wring out one more SB from the crew and have been forever wandering the desert trying to find the answer. JJ believes there is enough talent on the team to win a SB and he is probably right. But they are saddled with Romo who is a gunslinger and yet was okay inside the system of Parcells. He's been more on his own since and while he can post stats, he is missing one of the three qualities you have to have. All great QBs are greatly talented physically, work very hard and have "it". Call it a mixture of intelligence, intuition, leadership, etc. But without "it" you get a guy like Romo who makes inopportune mistakes, bad decisions and cannot take control of the offense. He has a lot of great fantasy games in him. But on that final drive to win the game, I expect an interception, fumble or sack more than a TD.

When a team is one of the leaders in penalties, you are not going to consistently win. I think to have a winning franchise, you need to have a strong QB who is the leader of that team and who you can believe in. I always hated Montana but I will admit, on that final drive I just knew he was going to get it done. You also need a strong headcoach and while Garrett has talent as a coach, he is overshadowed by JJ. The ironic thing is that Jones is a great owner in a lot of ways. He really is and he is good for the NFL. But there are obvious problems that are organizational in nature and it infects everything. I think early success is almost always a bad thing and that JJ convinces himself annually that they team is good enough. He has the players, but the leadership, organization and high expectations lead to confusion and lack of cohesiveness. Garrett has to be gone after this loss. Maybe wait to the end of the year, but he has to be gone. I for one do not see Romo as good enough but perhaps in the right system where he is better controlled he could be.

They play in an unbelievable stadium. The Cowboys carry the highest of expectations and while they have the raw materials, it just never comes together to what it could be. I have said all along, they should return to getting a great college coach and just start over. Admit they are not nearly as good as they think they are. That this is all going to take work and that you cannot assemble the pricey-pieces and expect they will all work together. As a Cowboy fan since I was a kid, it is disheartening but at least I recognize it for what it is. Hurts way less as a fan.

What year have you been living in if the world you have been liviing in says the Cowboys are good...LOL. They have been bad for 15 + years now dude. So are you stuck in the mid 90's???

As a side note, what a terrible division. If the Giants lose to GB Sunday night, VERY possible/likely, the Boys and Skins will only be one back. And with the Giants at the Skins next weekend everyone could be tied in 9 days (considering the Boys host the Eagles next Sunday). This is the NFC West from a few years back all over again. 8-8 could win this division UNLESS the Giants wake up and start winning some games. Beating GB would be a nice start.

Cowboyz covered everything pretty much. The penalties are sickening. Free should be brought behind the stadium and shot for the heartache he causes on a weekly basis. Sensabaugh is the worst safety I have ever seen play the game. Dallas gives you just enough hope every game to kick you in the cock at the end. We needed a big stop on D yesterday and our secondary sucked ass. That 47 yd fg was the dagger. I hope Holmgren comes in next year. Maybe he can get us headed in the right direction. Ane Demarco "Mcfadden" Murray better toughen up and provide us with a full season one of these days before I give up on his cheerleading sideline in plain clothes ass too. I realize Romo and his history but ill tell you this. We would probably have 2-3 less wins without him. Those plays he makes running for his life outweigh his blunders. Im no apologist for him and I get on him just let anyone else when he chokes but without him we would be the most boring low scoring team in the nfl. I put yesterdays loss on the D and our secondary

Cowboy fans are awesome. Can't see that their biggest issue is Jerry running the whole show. Funny stuff.

Or they know that's the one thing that ain't going to change so they don't bother talking about it?

As a lifelong 49ers fan, it has been fun to see Dallas fall on it's face as a organization, but it's about time that one of the great franchises of the NFL gets it's crap together and returns to respectability. I wound up with Romo on a couple of my teams so I watch the Cowboys regularly and they are just a mess in all phases.

Or they know that's the one thing that ain't going to change so they don't bother talking about it?

As a lifelong 49ers fan, it has been fun to see Dallas fall on it's face as a organization, but it's about time that one of the great franchises of the NFL gets it's crap together and returns to respectability. I wound up with Romo on a couple of my teams so I watch the Cowboys regularly and they are just a mess in all phases.

Very fair. Not going to change so why discuss it. I can totally see that. But I personally think that is their biggest issue.

It is funny seeing Cowboy fans discuss their team. Haven't been good in 15 + years. It is funny. They are so irrelevant it is funny.

As a Bucs fan I certainly do not revel in the misery of other fan bases - know the pain all too well. Watching the games yesterday it was clear to me that Cowboys showed up not ready to play the game, in any facet. Some drama was provided courtesy of the Redskin's defense but the beatdown was more than complete by end of the first half.

Taken in context, this is organizational failure that infects all aspects of the team. It's time to clear the contagion...

Very fair. Not going to change so why discuss it. I can totally see that. But I personally think that is their biggest issue.

It is funny seeing Cowboy fans discuss their team. Haven't been good in 15 + years. It is funny. They are so irrelevant it is funny.

:shrug: True fans still follow their teams even when they suck. Is their a new rule that you cant discuss your team when you arent good? If thats the case, we should shut 3/4s of the board down.

• Like 1

I have read the many posts by Cowboyz1 and as a lifelong (over 35 yrs) Cowboys fan I have seen many ups and downs. As was mentioned by giantsfan, the biggest issue is Jerry Jones the General Manager. As an owner, he is good. But as a GM, he is HORRID. He has made it evident that any coach that graces the sidelines understand that Jerry the GM will interfere with all personnel decisions. Jerry the GM is still trying to prove that he has he football knowledge demonstrated by Jimmy Johnson when Johnson made personnel decisions. It ain't even close. Three names say it all: Joey Galloway, Roy Williams, and Quincy Carter.

As far as the team being talented? Nope, not really. Especially on offense. Defense maybe, but still a lot of holes. Offensively, without the shiftiness of Murray there is zero running game.The OL doesn't block any better when he is in the game. He is just hands down better than the others. He is even better at getting injured. The WRs? Dez IS talented but a typical WR that is a headcase. Miles is talented but he is an injury waiting to happen. Witten is definetly talented by age is going to catch up with him soon. Romo? A good QB that makes bad decisions at the worst time. But also has the ability to play. He just isn't a leader, which is hugh. The O-Line? Next question. Seriously, the only one of any merit is Smith and the jury is still out on him as he takes on a new position. On Defense, there are a few players that stand out. Ware, Carter, Lee and um, uh...yeah...that's about it for me. Ware is getting beat up by double and triple teams. Lee and Carter haven't made it through a full season to show what they can really do.

The glasses are off and I am tired of seeing my favorite team wallow around in mediocrity because the owner will not fire the GM. I won't become a free agent, but I know what to expect for the foreseable future. Some wins. More losses. A GM/Owner talking a whole lot of sh*t about what "he expects". But really as long as the stadium is filled and he gets some headlines every now and then nothing will change. Bring in Holmgren. Bring in Chuckie. Hell bring 'em both in. Or better yet, resurrect Landry and Lombardi. As long as Jerry has final say so (and he will) this team is not going to win a championship.

Still (and will always be) a fan....

• Like 1

:shrug: True fans still follow their teams even when they suck. Is their a new rule that you cant discuss your team when you arent good? If thats the case, we should shut 3/4s of the board down.

Not my point. My point is Cowboy fans need to realize what their team is now. Time to start over from the top all the way down. It is VERY broken. Not a little off. Not they are close. Not a tweak here or there. It is VERY BROKEN. They need to start the whole thing over again. That is my point here.

I think some Cowboy fans think they have all this talent and are a good team that is close. That is not the case. A lot of work needs to be done on the Cowboys to get where they want to be.

I have read the many posts by Cowboyz1 and as a lifelong (over 35 yrs) Cowboys fan I have seen many ups and downs. As was mentioned by giantsfan, the biggest issue is Jerry Jones the General Manager. As an owner, he is good. But as a GM, he is HORRID. He has made it evident that any coach that graces the sidelines understand that Jerry the GM will interfere with all personnel decisions. Jerry the GM is still trying to prove that he has he football knowledge demonstrated by Jimmy Johnson when Johnson made personnel decisions. It ain't even close. Three names say it all: Joey Galloway, Roy Williams, and Quincy Carter.

As far as the team being talented? Nope, not really. Especially on offense. Defense maybe, but still a lot of holes. Offensively, without the shiftiness of Murray there is zero running game.The OL doesn't block any better when he is in the game. He is just hands down better than the others. He is even better at getting injured. The WRs? Dez IS talented but a typical WR that is a headcase. Miles is talented but he is an injury waiting to happen. Witten is definetly talented by age is going to catch up with him soon. Romo? A good QB that makes bad decisions at the worst time. But also has the ability to play. He just isn't a leader, which is hugh. The O-Line? Next question. Seriously, the only one of any merit is Smith and the jury is still out on him as he takes on a new position. On Defense, there are a few players that stand out. Ware, Carter, Lee and um, uh...yeah...that's about it for me. Ware is getting beat up by double and triple teams. Lee and Carter haven't made it through a full season to show what they can really do.

The glasses are off and I am tired of seeing my favorite team wallow around in mediocrity because the owner will not fire the GM. I won't become a free agent, but I know what to expect for the foreseable future. Some wins. More losses. A GM/Owner talking a whole lot of sh*t about what "he expects". But really as long as the stadium is filled and he gets some headlines every now and then nothing will change. Bring in Holmgren. Bring in Chuckie. Hell bring 'em both in. Or better yet, resurrect Landry and Lombardi. As long as Jerry has final say so (and he will) this team is not going to win a championship.

Still (and will always be) a fan....

Bingo. This is it. Not close. Not a tweak here or there. Not oh we have talent but need to put it together. NO. Not close.

Not my point. My point is Cowboy fans need to realize what their team is now. Time to start over from the top all the way down. It is VERY broken. Not a little off. Not they are close. Not a tweak here or there. It is VERY BROKEN. They need to start the whole thing over again. That is my point here.

I think some Cowboy fans think they have all this talent and are a good team that is close. That is not the case. A lot of work needs to be done on the Cowboys to get where they want to be.

Most of us have. They have some talented core guys but many of us have agreed for a very long time that their O line is horrific and their D is questionable at best . I see it as pretty much a tear down as well.

Welcome to my world Cowboyz.

The problems start at the top. JJ is convinced that he has what it takes to be a GM in this league ... largely because of the three SBs Jimmy Johnson brought him (be serious it wasn't a Switzer SB) early on (as DMD pointed out the early success has forever slanted JJ's view of the world). Jerry doesn't know how to build a team ... he loves to draft the high profile skill positions and ignores the lines. He says that he recognizes that no other owner in the league would hire him as a GM based on his record ... yet refuses to step down and hire a real GM. Don't get me wrong I suspect every team would want Jerry the owner ... but no team wants Jerry the GM. If only Jerry could take a lesson from the Rooneys ...

In addition Jerry the GM does not know how to co-exist with a strong head coach - when you pair that with Jerry the GM that doesn't know how to bring the right pieces to the board to build a team it should not be a surprise that the team is not very successful.

At first blush Garrett looked like he was going to be a good thing, certainly better than Phillips. But this year it is the offense of this team that is faltering - the play calling looks uninspired and the team simply cannot execute. I get it that with a horrible O-Line and no running game (Murray out 6 weeks now) that it is tough ... but those are the pieces the wonder GM of this team brought to the board. In my mind, though, the biggest indicator of how much of a failure Garrett is as a head coach is the fact that this team continues to make penalty after penalty after penalty ... and stupid penalties at that. You simply cannot expect to win very many games when you lead the league in penalties AND have a tendency to turn the ball over. I get it that the O-Line is not protecting Romo and he is making mistakes as he runs for his life ... but again these are the pieces the GM brought to the board.

I also get it that Jerry probably does not provide an environment that allows the coach to be successful ... which is why a real head coach will never come to Dallas.

The team desperately needs a strong hand and until Jerry gets out of the way it isn't going to happen. Until Jerry gets out of the way this team will not find very much success. This is Al Davis and the Raiders all over again.

Most 'Boys fans realize they have problems and were'nt expecting much. That said, they have some players...most of them are hurt. Why don't you do some research and find out how many opening day starters for this team are out for the year..not to mention the guys that are'nt out for the year but missed and are still missing games. Dude that started at LT yesterday was making his first NFL start.

And this sorry franchise has exactly 2 less wins in the last 3 seasons than the elite New York Giants.

Now before anyone goes insane, yes I realize that Jerry is a hugh problem, and it probably is'nt gonna get better with him any time soon. As far as the bolded above...your right, I guess we should all just stop rooting for our team, or maybe switch teams? Which do you suggest?