[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye cruel world.........I'm comin to join you honey!

Cowboyz1

Most 'Boys fans realize they have problems and were'nt expecting much. That said, they have some players...most of them are hurt. Why don't you do some research and find out how many opening day starters for this team are out for the year..not to mention the guys that are'nt out for the year but missed and are still missing games. Dude that started at LT yesterday was making his first NFL start.

And this sorry franchise has exactly 2 less wins in the last 3 seasons than the elite New York Giants.

Now before anyone goes insane, yes I realize that Jerry is a hugh problem, and it probably is'nt gonna get better with him any time soon. As far as the bolded above...your right, I guess we should all just stop rooting for our team, or maybe switch teams? Which do you suggest?

Who said the Giants are elite? The Giants have way under performed in the regular season the past bunch of years. The only reason they are put on a different level, and rightfully so, is because they caught fire in two post seasons, and twice beat a pretty heavily favored HOF duo in Brady and Belichick. Can't take anything away from the Giants for winning those titles, at days end that is all it is about, but the Giants are far from elite in the regular season.

Good effort on your part though to make this about the Giants. Sure we are far from elite, I agree 100%, but we do have two SB titles in 5 years. You guys have 1 playoff win in 15 years. So point to us, that is cool, we have been a mess in the regular season sometimes, and the last two games we played were brutal, but that still doesn't change the fact of where your team is at... :).

Edited by giantsfan

And BTW...ALL NFL teams have injuries. See the Giants secondary where we have been ripped apart. Our LT has missed games. Our starting RB has missed time. Nicks has missed games. So I can't listen to that. In the NFL every team has important guys go down. That's life in the NFL.

Edited by giantsfan

but that still doesn't change the fact of where your team is at... :).

the point is I guess, Cowboys fans, most of them at least, know where their team 'is at'. But thanks for coming in here and telling us :tup:

Was'nt trying to make the thread about the Giants really, but since you got the Lions and Cowboys figured out in the last day or so, maybe you should fix them too. You seem to have all the answers..

Here is the Bleacher Report to the rescue and four of the top Fifty Sports Screw ups belong to the Cowboys. Four times in the past that you survived.

1. It's the third quarter of Super Bowl XIII between Jackie Smith's Cowboys and the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. The 38-year-old backup tight end finds himself wide open in the middle of the endzone. The quarterback spots him and hits him with a nearly perfect pass. He drops it.

The Cowboys settle for a field goal and end up losing 35-31. That’s a difference of four points, or the difference between the touchdown Smith dropped and the field goal the Cowboys had to settle for. Ouch.

2. During a 2007 playoff game between the Cowboys and Seahawks, the Cowboys lined up for a nineteen yard field goal with less than one minute left that would have given them a 23-21 lead. The snap was good, but Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo's hands were not.

He bobbled the snap, and was unable to find the endzone in the scramble that ensued. The Cowboys turned the ball over on downs and saw their season end 21-20. Romo declined when Butterfinger offered up an endorsement deal.

3. On Thanksgiving day, the Dolphins lined-up for a game winning field goal with 15 second remaining. The kick was blocked, all but sealing the Cowboys victory. Then Leon Lett got involved.

Lett dove on the pigskin, making it a live ball. With snow on the ground, the ball slipped from his hands and the Dolphins recovered the ball. They promptly kicked the game winning field goal.

4. He's the only player to make two appearances on our list, perhaps making Leon Lett the all time greatest screw-up in sports history. This time he recovered a fumble during the Cowboys Super Bowl XXVII victory over the Bills, but Lett couldn't help but showboat on his way to the endzone.

His celebration quickly came to a halt when Bills receiver Don Beebe caught him from behind and stripped the ball out of Lett's outstretched hand. The ball slid out of the endzone for a touchback, and left Lett feeling foolish, a feeling he grew to know well during his playing days.

the point is I guess, Cowboys fans, most of them at least, know where their team 'is at'. But thanks for coming in here and telling us :tup:

Was'nt trying to make the thread about the Giants really, but since you got the Lions and Cowboys figured out in the last day or so, maybe you should fix them too. You seem to have all the answers..

I have every answer for every team. And I am happy to hear you know where your team is at. Most experts on TV still try and act like the Cowboys are a team with a lot of talent and right on the edge. There is a good deal of work to be done as you call out.

The Lions need a new coach and some discipline.

And the Giants need to wake up and play hard all the time, not just when their backs are against the wall.

I think we both better be careful or the Skins will take this division, and with RGIII around they will be a force for a while. If the Giants lose Sunday and then next Monday at Wash, all very possible, it could be the Skins division to lose.

Edited by giantsfan

"With an 6-10 record and RGme turkey leg shoved up my a$$"

The World I had been living in, you know the one where the Cowboys were good, has been destroyed and has come crashing down.

That's it, I've had it. I have finally been broken. I can't do it anymore. I love my Cowboys as you all know and always will, but today was it. I just can't make excuses for them any longer. I can't come in here and blah blah blah, if if if, and woulda coulda shoulda no more.

Mark it down. Thanksgiving day 2012, Cowboyz1 finally takes off the Homer glasses and is absolutely mortified at what he sees. I've been fighten it and fighten it. Many of you've been telling me over and over again. But I wouldn't listen.

But today I saw the Washington stinkin Redskins come in to Cowboys stadium and lump us up in 30 minutes. 30 frigin minutes. If you'd noticed I have been quiet lately. I've been flirting with the idea of taking off the glasses for a few weeks now. Taking them down and seeing ugly then putting them back on again just hoping it wasn't true. :shades:

But I finally ripped them off and through them down and............well..........I shat. I actually shat right then and there at what my eyes beheld.

There is something wrong with this team. I mean deep down wrong. I don't know exactly what it is but I know this. It's medieval wrong.

For example, how the hell can every single position on the team save the quarterback come up lame. I mean they outta have a a stretcher on the field after every frigin play. Or a designated guy who yells "Coreman" after each and every whistle. Where do they get these players. Walmart. Come on, both starting LBs, Both starting Centers, Starting Ends, Starting Safeties, Starting Tackles, Both Starting Running backs, Starting Corners and Starting Wide Receivers Felix should be dead already. Or at least crippled and in a old folks home. I have never seen so many players go down and come up limping, shaking their arms or rolling their shoulders. I mean damn did some witch from New Orleans put a root on us or something.

Never seen anything like it. The Defense should just run out carrying their own IV bags.

38 points to a sorry Redskin squad at home. AT HOME. WR's running free like prisoners let loose for a night at Woody's titty bar with stacks of 100's in their pockets. One even had time to fall down, brush off the ball, take a compass reading, get up and walk into the end-zone. That's two weeks in a row.

Then there's the running game. 7 rushes 22 yards. 7 times the running back was handed the football only to get stuffed by an unblocked defender............Romo drops back 62 times. If there was a game that once and for all shows the world that Romo is NOT the problem it was this one. He dropped back 62 times and if you add up all the seconds he had to throw for the whole game, you'd get a grand total of maybe 68 seconds to throw the ball. That's about one second per throw. Ridiculous. He should really be in traction by now.

The O line is horrid. I honestly believe I could get 5 guys from the first day of the "biggest loser" show and pay them $1000 each, and would stand there and get in the way longer then the 5 linemen we have now. Seriously. Free is exactly what his names says. Free run to the QB.

Communication..........Romo looks like Mrs. Crabtree out there. Whaa, whaa, wha wha whaaa whaa. Translation:" I have exactly two seconds to throw the ball guys, so run hot. Dez don't go deep. Beasley cross the safeties face." What do they do, run go routes. Beasley and Austion find the nearest safety or linebacker and run behind them. Seen it all year.

Turnovers, I have never seen a team fumble the ball so much in my life. I mean what the F.....k. How does that keep happening.

False starts. Now this is where my Pisstivity level reached the top. First and goal at the 6. Let me say that again. First and goal at the 6 friggen yard line. Down 20+ some odd points. Season on the line. False start. If I'm Garrett, I draw and drop him right there on the field. BOOM...........then i'd calmly raise two fingers and respectfully tell the rest of them, "on two fellas, on two". They wouldn't even question him or throw a flag as everyone would understand. They'd probably be shocked at seeing the guy dragged off the field shot but everyone would just shake their head in understanding and play ball.

No way that can happen as much as it does. Ridiculousness.

Where the hell is a screen pass. I mean what the hell is Garrett doing every week. Not one stinking screen pass. You'd think that if you can't stop the rush then maybe just maybe a screen might work. But NOOOOOoooo that would be to easy. Not in the game plan I guess.

Oh and I thought we moved up and got Claiborne for his ball skills. What ball skills. He doesn't even get near the ball. And what the hell was Carr doing looking over his left shoulder when the player was on his right and pinned on the sideline. Useless.

So with the season on the line, at home, against a sorry division rival, our so called good defense can't hold the juggernaut Redskins below 38 points. Nor can we run the football on a sorry D line or give our QB more then a second to throw the ball. 62 times folks. 7 rushes for 22 yards. Nuff said.

Well that's it. I hereby resign as the official Cowboys apologist. I can't do it anymore.

So here goes. THE COWBOYS SUCK! There I said it. They suck at home.They suck on the road. They suck during practice and for all I know they suck even when there's no one watching em suck. They suck at staying healthy. They even suck at trying to get healthy. They suck in the rain. They suck in the sunshine, and I'm pretty confident they even suck in the snow. Oh and by the looks of things they suck at drafting too.

I think the only thing they don't suck at is kicking field goals, and scrambling for more time.

2012 Cowboys, the year of suckage!

Now there are only eight players I would keep for next year. Slip, Ware, Lee, Carter, Smith, Claiborne, Carr and maybe Jenkins or Dez and maybe Spencer. The rest I would ball up into one big suckage ball and roll them into the suckage pit.

There, now I feel better. Now I can watch the rest of the season in peace.

Happy Thanksgiving All..............! I am thankful that can of whoop a$$ hit me up side my noggin and snapped me out of my delusion.

I think I will be able to spot the signs a bit better from now on.

FYI, As far as my Man Slip, I don't know very many QB's that could do what he does without getting killed. I would just love to see him with a line and any sort of running game..

Take it easy ... what do you expet when we are stuck with backups all over the O Line including a 3rd string center? Not to mention all the injuries on defense. Now that Carter is out, we really have no chance ...

I like you, Cowboyz1 because you are a true fan during the bad times. Sure, we true fans have the right to be critical, but we always root on our team. And with an owner like Jerry, you know that the team won't give up on trying to win a Super. Sure, he is easy to make fun of, but as a true fan we accept him as one of our own, even if he is a troll at times. I continue to hold out hope and when the season is over, I look forward to the draft, training camp and that first week when everyone is healty and the sky is the limit.

And BTW...ALL NFL teams have injuries. See the Giants secondary where we have been ripped apart. Our LT has missed games. Our starting RB has missed time. Nicks has missed games. So I can't listen to that. In the NFL every team has important guys go down. That's life in the NFL.

12 opening day starters. All 3 Dline, both ILB's, 2 wr's, both centers, LT, RB and a S

Yes all teams have injuries obviously, and yes Dallas' problems right now go past injured starters, but I believe you'll agree that this MAY have an effect on the on the field product

The Colts have lost both starting cornerbacks, their middle linebacker, two defensive ends, and a nose tackle on defense.

On offense they've lost Austin Collie, and had injuries to their center, guard, and right tackle. And Donald Brown has not been the same since having arthroscopic knee surgery. Coby Fleener has missed a month with a bum shoulder.

Every NFL team has injuries.

The Colts have lost both starting cornerbacks, their middle linebacker, two defensive ends, and a nose tackle on defense.

On offense they've lost Austin Collie, and had injuries to their center, guard, and right tackle. And Donald Brown has not been the same since having arthroscopic knee surgery. Coby Fleener has missed a month with a bum shoulder.

Exactly. I mentioned the Giants injuries above also. This is the NFL. Every team has big injuries. The way it is. Some have a few more or a few less, but everyone gets hit a lot in the NFL.

Cowboyz, stop doing this to yourself, although it's pretty dang funny to watch how you talk the Cowboys up every single year then when you see them inevitably perform as they really should, you crash all the way back to Earth.

Welcome to the club Cowboyz. I started to drift away last year. I'm just tried of watching Jerry Jones ego play every Sunday. I quit going out of my way to make sure I watch each game. With the Ticket and Redzone I watch whatever Game(s) interests me. I also use to fly in for a game every year. No more. Not wasting the time and money any longer.

Until Jones quits being the

1. GM

2. Director of the scouting department and chief talent evaluator

3. Head of the PR department

4. On-air TV and Radio personality

5. Director of Marketing

6. Stadium Manager

7. Head coach

And just become an owner that realizes he is not a football genuis and hires a professional GM and allow him to put together a team of experts to help make the team better. I will just enjoy football, and by the way, I get to see alot more good, interesting games now that I no longer tune into every Cowboy game.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

If I had to draw one conclusion about the plight of the Cowboys, it was that when Jerry Jones came in they were blessed with tremendous early success. That forever skewed how building teams, handing players, coaches roles, etc. would play out. The Cowboys hit a goldmine with all the Hershel Walker picks and made great choices for them. Jimmy Johnson was a great coach for that bunch of guys since he had a lot to do with picking them all out. Once he was sent packing - a classic stupid move - Dallas was able to wring out one more SB from the crew and have been forever wandering the desert trying to find the answer. JJ believes there is enough talent on the team to win a SB and he is probably right. But they are saddled with Romo who is a gunslinger and yet was okay inside the system of Parcells. He's been more on his own since and while he can post stats, he is missing one of the three qualities you have to have. All great QBs are greatly talented physically, work very hard and have "it". Call it a mixture of intelligence, intuition, leadership, etc. But without "it" you get a guy like Romo who makes inopportune mistakes, bad decisions and cannot take control of the offense. He has a lot of great fantasy games in him. But on that final drive to win the game, I expect an interception, fumble or sack more than a TD.

When a team is one of the leaders in penalties, you are not going to consistently win. I think to have a winning franchise, you need to have a strong QB who is the leader of that team and who you can believe in. I always hated Montana but I will admit, on that final drive I just knew he was going to get it done. You also need a strong headcoach and while Garrett has talent as a coach, he is overshadowed by JJ. The ironic thing is that Jones is a great owner in a lot of ways. He really is and he is good for the NFL. But there are obvious problems that are organizational in nature and it infects everything. I think early success is almost always a bad thing and that JJ convinces himself annually that they team is good enough. He has the players, but the leadership, organization and high expectations lead to confusion and lack of cohesiveness. Garrett has to be gone after this loss. Maybe wait to the end of the year, but he has to be gone. I for one do not see Romo as good enough but perhaps in the right system where he is better controlled he could be.

They play in an unbelievable stadium. The Cowboys carry the highest of expectations and while they have the raw materials, it just never comes together to what it could be. I have said all along, they should return to getting a great college coach and just start over. Admit they are not nearly as good as they think they are. That this is all going to take work and that you cannot assemble the pricey-pieces and expect they will all work together. As a Cowboy fan since I was a kid, it is disheartening but at least I recognize it for what it is. Hurts way less as a fan.

This is precisely what I have been saying about the Chiefs franchise for 20 years now. So while your Cowboys may suck right now, it could be worse. The Chiefs have been embarrassing KC since 1969.

it's not like those Colt players were any good, though :pokey: your backups are just as good as your starters were, I mean, that could be a blessing in disguise :razz: (sarcasm)

Edited by Scooby's Hubby