[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Season reportedly over for Niners' Hunter? Huddle Headline?

Big Dogs

What is troubling here is the headline on the main page, you click on it and there is no supporting report about Hunter. If you go through the Huddle Fantasy Player area and look at Hunter... It has nothing either about him being done for the season, the last news item was from 11/26 (yesterday) mentioning that LaMichael James could be activated and the seriousness of Hunter's injury is not known.

I've noticed this a few times in the past, and even posted it in the site and forum support area. Very frustrating to have a news headline but not the detailed news post which goes with it. Not sure why it happens, but hopefully it can be fixed.

ETA Checking on CBS they do mention a USA Today story that says Hunter will be out for the rest of the season as a result of the injury in Saints game.

Edited by stevegrab

What is troubling here is the headline on the main page, you click on it and there is no supporting report about Hunter. If you go through the Huddle Fantasy Player area and look at Hunter... It has nothing either about him being done for the season, the last news item was from 11/26 (yesterday) mentioning that LaMichael James could be activated and the seriousness of Hunter's injury is not known.

I've noticed this a few times in the past, and even posted it in the site and forum support area. Very frustrating to have a news headline but not the detailed news post which goes with it. Not sure why it happens, but hopefully it can be fixed.

ETA Checking on CBS they do mention a USA Today story that says Hunter will be out for the rest of the season as a result of the injury in Saints game.

Can click on the KKFL logo link on the news page, where they get htier news from. Personally, I'd rather get the headline first, then wait until they can post the full news with their analysis.

No offense, but in the time it took to post this thread, a quick google search confirms that reports say he's done for the year... I assume the Huddle link just got updated before the news was posted.

Yeah, but we pay for the content here, and the content is messed up (there is no news for Hunter behind the link on the main page).

The link that you get if you click on the headline about Hunter is http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_news.php#32072 and there is nothing there about Hunter (it should be the first item at the top).

Not sure if that is the point Big Dogs was making.

DOG, I tried digging through the news on KFFL and there was nothing there as well. I'd prefer the link have the info that goes with it, or don't have the link if there is nothing to read yet.

Here is the post I made in support area http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/391676-news-items-missing/

• Like 1

Yeah, but we pay for the content here, and the content is messed up (there is no news for Hunter behind the link on the main page).

The link that you get if you click on the headline about Hunter is http://www.thehuddle..._news.php#32072 and there is nothing there about Hunter (it should be the first item at the top).

Not sure if that is the point Big Dogs was making.

DOG, I tried digging through the news on KFFL and there was nothing there as well. I'd prefer the link have the info that goes with it, or don't have the link if there is nothing to read yet.

Here is the post I made in support area http://forums.thehud...-items-missing/

I actually did check KFFL and there is an entry down the page.

It's one thing if they never post the news they're linking to, but I just find it tough to find the outrage of them giving you a heads up about headline news before they're ready to post it with analysis. Could they do it differently, sure I guess they could jsut keep you in the dark, but seriously, who freaking cares? I've already wasted too much time just writing about it, when KFFL and Google can provide details on the news until they get it up.

Especially when it comes to big news, forget the details if it means I might miss some breaking news by them waiting.

I just feel they should provide the news story with the link, so when I read a headline and click it I get the info and don't have to search for it. They're the ones reporting he could be out for the year, they should provide the info to go along with that. I'm fine on waiting for their analysis portion, it could be added and say "analysis pending".

Would you be ok with somebody creating a thread with that title but not providing a source?

It seems to be a recurring problem, news story headline comes before the content is written. Maybe I'm in the minority and others are ok with this.

http://www.rotoworld.../kendall-hunter

The Sacramento Bee confirms that Kendall Hunter is out for the season, adding that his injury turned out to be an Achilles tear.

Hunter won't be designated for return on injured reserve because it's a 6-8 month injury. Frank Gore's change-of-pace back will be replaced by some combination of Brandon Jacobs, LaMichael James, and Anthony Dixon. As of now, there's no obvious handcuff for Gore's fantasy owners. Rookie Jewel Hampton is expected to be activated from the NFI/reserved list for depth

TBH, I get all my player news via Roto..always have, always will. I pay for different reasons, one of them NOT being player news updates. Not because they are lacking, but I have just never checked them at this site. No need to, for me anyway.

The Sacramento Bee confirms that Kendall Hunter is out for the season, adding that his injury turned out to be an Achilles tear.

Hunter won't be designated for return on injured reserve because it's a 6-8 month injury. Frank Gore's change-of-pace back will be replaced by some combination of Brandon Jacobs, LaMichael James, and Anthony Dixon. As of now, there's no obvious handcuff for Gore's fantasy owners. Rookie Jewel Hampton is expected to be activated from the NFI/reserved list for depth.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Nov 27 - 1:48 PM

Via Roto

Edited by tazinib1

No offense, but in the time it took to post this thread, a quick google search confirms that reports say he's done for the year... I assume the Huddle link just got updated before the news was posted.

When I read that headline, I did a google search, checked out CBS sportsline, looked at MFL, and I went directly to the 49er's website, and found nothing on a story about Hunter being out......

It was after that that I posted this thread...... The info about Hunter may have come out after I posted this thread, but it wasn't there on my original searches.

As stevegrab pointed out, my intent was to show that it was a headline with no substance, and I couldn't find anything on it via my own search. Clearly someone at the Huddle got the info and posted the headline, but then nothing to back it up.

Edited by Big Dogs

When I read that headline, I did a google search, checked out CBS sportsline, looked at MFL, and I went directly to the 49er's website, and found nothing on a story about Hunter being out......

It was after that that I posted this thread...... The info about Hunter may have come out after I posted this thread, but it wasn't there on my original searches.

As stevegrab pointed out, my intent was to show that it was a headline with no substance, and I couldn't find anything on it via my own search. Clearly someone at the Huddle got the info and posted the headline, but then nothing to back it up.

Fair enough, since the news is still not showing up on the news page, I agree it should be looked into.

TBH, I get all my player news via Roto..always have, always will. I pay for different reasons, one of them NOT being player news updates. Not because they are lacking, but I have just never checked them at this site. No need to, for me anyway.

Via Roto

This, I go to Roto for the latest breaking news, but come here for fantasy analysis on the more important news items (don't trust roto's fantasy input at all). In that regard, I really don't need a fantasy spin on this season-ending injury anyway, but I do agree that the latest news would be better to actually link to a story (even though I still don't think it's that bad a thing to get more headlines than what is on the player news page)

Edited by delusions of grandeur

The news feed comes over from KFFL and we add analysis to it. There is a bug with that player if he appears on the HP but not in the news. The hyperlink should bring you to that news element as it does on the rest. Sorry for the delay but all day MON and TUES I am writing and projecting.