[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rest of Season Rankings: Ryan Matthews at 17?

chinatown dragons

Yes, he has had only one touchdown, and yes he has had no 100 yard games, but in PPR leagues, as long as he is the main back, he is relatively stable. He never gives you week winning games. But in the last five weeks he has given me 10+ points per game (.5 PPR) I will not be drafting him again next year, but there are others who have been much less inconsistent. For a few, Darren Sproles, MJD when healthy, Law Firm, and a couple others.

I am a dissapointed Mathews owner but looking at the list, who would you put ahead of him? The 15 or so players I see behind him are either top players who are injured, someone fillling in for an injury, or in a full-blown time share.

Instead of being high on Mathews I think this is more of a reflection on how bad RB's are this year.

Look at his schedule. He might be top 10 going forward. It's all just an educated guess anyway. If you think it's science then you're playing the wrong game.

i dont think its science....at all...(or id be in Vegas)....but this is a pay site......and figure they'd have some rationale as to why an under performing RB, with 1 td, and 0 100 yard games is ranked in top 15, regardless of schedule (a few weeks ago was supposed to be his 'break out' game )..thats all..huge fan of The Huddle...just think that the ROS rankings are....off......Matthews has done nothing all year to be warranted in top 25, let alone top 15.....one man's opinion, but stats speak louder than opinions...

i dont think its science....at all...(or id be in Vegas)....but this is a pay site......and figure they'd have some rationale as to why an under performing RB, with 1 td, and 0 100 yard games is ranked in top 15, regardless of schedule (a few weeks ago was supposed to be his 'break out' game )..thats all..huge fan of The Huddle...just think that the ROS rankings are....off......Matthews has done nothing all year to be warranted in top 25, let alone top 15.....one man's opinion, but stats speak louder than opinions...

I think you're going to lose this one. I've seen some strange projections but this is not one. We'll check back in a few weeks and see where he stands from now going forward.

I think you're going to lose this one. I've seen some strange projections but this is not one. We'll check back in a few weeks and see where he stands from now going forward.

the beauty of this site and forum is that people can agree to disagree!!

thats why I love this site (member for many years) as get great opinions from various members.....All I know is that not once have I started Matthews with any level of 'confidence'......and will remain on bench until he shows that he can actually get over 100 yards or a score (or both)...

"acutally he is 14 not 17...which is worse.....i would take Charles......Law Firm , heck even Reggie Bush (106 to 79 in CBS Scoring) over Matthews......Leshoure (more points) .....Forte (more points).......the guy.......sucks"

Disagree with R Bush, he had four ponts or less in like 5 of his last seven games, was even benched. No way you possible start this guy, not if you are tring to win.

I believe this.

From week 3-12 he ranks 13th in fantasy points among RBs in SOFA IDP ...14 seems a tad low for ROS to me

I'm bitter I have him too. As much as he gets hurt, and as much as I feel he is underused when healthy, I'd still rank him in the teens based on his schedule and current touch count. He's never scored less than 6 points since week 4, but I would appreciate some 20 spots over the next few weeks.

The #1 issue with Mathews continues to be usage (and the struggles of SD's offense in general). If they ever decided to use him as the 3rd down and/or 2-min drill back, his value will immediately increase. Ronnie Brown really hasn't done anything special with those touches, but he's getting them regardless. With the Chargers nearly eliminated from the playoffs, and Brown an FA after this season, its conceivable they expand Mathews' role over the last few games so they can make a good assessment of what he can do.

Edited by nelsosi