[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offensive Rookie of the Year

DMD

Who is the 2012 ROY?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for ROY?

• Robert Griffin III
    • Andrew Luck
    • Doug Martin
    • Someone else

Griffin has fumbled the ball 12 times. Only two have been recovered by the opposition. Quite a bit of luck in that.

I honestly don't think Luck will win it. He has not played well the last month of the season, unless it's at the end of a half. Then he's been pretty damn good. A strong showing vs Houston might change things, but without it, I think one of the other two win ROY.

I am not down on Luck by any means. I think he will be great and has played really well for a rookie. I am just saying that his stats do not compare. as they go into the record books.

RE: Griffin's turnovers, at the end of the day it's really the turnover happening or not that matters. It's like tipped INTs. Luck might have suffered greatly from tipped balls giving him more INTs and dropped balls killing his completion percentage, but they are still his numbers.

OROY is going to a QB, and with three rookies making the playoffs it will certainly come down to their stats. I would be shocked if anyone other than RG3 got it.

Luck hasn't had a turnover the last two games. At the same time, his stats have gone down. The coaching staff has really stressed ball security to Luck, and I think he's playing scared to make mistakes the last few games. It's probably the right move, because if the Colts turn the ball over, they can't win. Not without a running game and a below average defense.

All this talk about Doug Martin. The kid is explosive there is no doubt about it. But Al-a-Mo had more yardage and the same amount of rushing TD's. He was not as prolific in the passing game, however. But, he did help take a team to the brink of a division title.

Does Martin have any more of those week 9 explosions or was that a FF dream come true. Only time will tell, but lets not totally dismiss Alfred and proclaim Martin the unheralded rookie RB dynamo.

All this talk about Doug Martin. The kid is explosive there is no doubt about it. But Al-a-Mo had more yardage and the same amount of rushing TD's. He was not as prolific in the passing game, however. But, he did help take a team to the brink of a division title.

Does Martin have any more of those week 9 explosions or was that a FF dream come true. Only time will tell, but lets not totally dismiss Alfred and proclaim Martin the unheralded rookie RB dynamo.

:shrug:

Either way they are both behind the 3 QBs. Martin is much more explosive than Morris but Morris should still be a nice player for a while. For my money I'd take Richardson in the long run.

And at this point I'm leaning more towards Wilson as OROY

:shrug:

Either way they are both behind the 3 QBs. Martin is much more explosive than Morris but Morris should still be a nice player for a while. For my money I'd take Richardson in the long run.

And at this point I'm leaning more towards Wilson as OROY

No disagreement here. Its gonna be a tight race between the 3 QB's there is no doubt. I think the results of this Sunday will go a long way in determining the outcome. IMO, its between RGIII and Wilson at this point.

The Colts had the top pick in the 2012 draft, meaning they were the worst team last season. With Luck they are fully in playoff contention. I think this one is a no-brainer at this point in the season.

This.

But I will reserve my decision until after RG III's performance in tomorrow night's Division title game against Dallas. If he comes up bnig time and wins that game, it could sway me.

....the Colts o-line is awful. They can't run the ball and the running backs are average at best. The Colts also throw the ball down the field more than the Redskins and Seahawks do. Both of those teams have a back that has rushed for over 1400 yards. Alfred Morris has 1,413 yards. Marshawn Lynch has 1,490 yards. The Colts leading rusher has 790. Probably a little easier to throw the ball when you have a legitimate running threat.

In response to the bolded, it's also probably a bit easier to throw the ball when you're throwing it to Reggie Wayne. Washington has Santana Moss at WR, who's serviceable, Seattle has...uhhhh....

No disagreement here. Its gonna be a tight race between the 3 QB's there is no doubt. I think the results of this Sunday will go a long way in determining the outcome. IMO, its between RGIII and Wilson at this point.

...and even with that said, if there is an "upset" and Luck (or Morris, or Martin) wins it, it isn't as if any of the 5 names being bandied about here are undeserving at all.

It's just one of those years with 5 outstanding rookie performers, and only one award.

Colts are 22 in rushing with 1,590 that's 108 yards from being 14 overall. The running game hasn't been anemic, not great, but not horrid. The O-line on the other hand is pretty lackluster. I still think Luck deserves to be in the running and as stated before his team has had the biggest turnaround.

Colts are 22 in rushing with 1,590 that's 108 yards from being 14 overall. The running game hasn't been anemic, not great, but not horrid. The O-line on the other hand is pretty lackluster. I still think Luck deserves to be in the running and as stated before his team has had the biggest turnaround.

I would hate to see an anemic running game.

Luck did a nice job today. Another quality win over a playoff team. 11 wins. 7 fourth quarter or OT comeback wins. Rookie record for yardage. 23 TD's passing. 5 TD's rushing. And took the worst team in the NFL last year to the playoffs. Pretty strong case in my opinion.

Russell Wilson.

He earned it. The pundits said he was too small (under 6'). Coaching staff held him badck early in the year with a very conserative playbook. Seahawks 11-5 while playing a tougher schedule than the Colts also 11-5. 49ers - twice, NE, Chicago.

Russell Wilson.

He earned it. The pundits said he was too small (under 6'). Coaching staff held him badck early in the year with a very conserative playbook. Seahawks 11-5 while playing a tougher schedule than the Colts also 11-5. 49ers - twice, NE, Chicago.

That's a tougher schedule than GB, Minny, Chicago, NE, and HOU twice? And let's be honest here, they didn't beat the Packers, and his rookie TD record should have an asterisk for that bad TD call. Edited by CaptainHook

I was looking at a bunch of stats earlier tonight and some scream 1 QB, others scream another, and others the 3rd....but I few that really jumped out at me were the following:

3rd down conversion %

Indy ranked 2nd, Sea 24th and Wash 31st

3rd down attempts:

Indy ranked 7th, Sea 31st, Wash 32nd

1st downs:

Indy ranked 4th, Wash 10th, Sea 16th

• Like 1

That's a tougher schedule than GB, Minny, Chicago, NE, and HOU twice? And let's be honest here, they didn't beat the Packers, and his rookie TD record should have an asterisk for that bad TD call.

Get over it, it wasn't a bad call on the Golden Tate TD.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Edited by keggerz

The referee of the crew that made the call admitted it was a bad call.

http://www.nfl.com/n...an-interception

"I'd probably call interception," Elliot said,

Elliott wasn't in the end zone in Seattle and didn't make the initial call on the play. It was obvious his crew wasn't correctly positioned, and Elliott admits that the replacements' grasp of the NFL rulebook wasn't great.

Where in the article does he say it was the WRONG call?

I also would argue that the ref(see red) wasn't as out of position as some have stated...look at the one image in link 1 that I posted...he is in the corner near the pylon looking right at the catch.

EDIT: Read the title of the article too (Hail Mary ref: Seahawks TD probably an interception)

Probably is not definitive and replay needs definitive to overturn it...but when you look at the work done in those links...especially the added angle from the TV station that the Ref didn't have it is easier to see it may not have been a bad call at all, and was actually the right call.

EDIT2: I have to ask...did you watch/listen to the video with the refs?

Edited by keggerz