[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offensive Rookie of the Year

DMD

Who is the 2012 ROY?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for ROY?

• Robert Griffin III
    • Andrew Luck
    • Doug Martin
    • Someone else

Wilson just has too many things going against him. The team wasn't really that bad last year, good defense and good running game. So whatever accomplishments they have this year are not as big an improvement as Colts & Skins.

Plus he himself just doesn't carry the team (or offense) as much as Luck and RG3 do. Nor was he the flashy top 5 prospect like the other 2.

The Redskins were a 5-11 team with John Beck and Rex Grossman let me repeat that, they were a 5-11 team with John Beck and Rex Grossman. Comparing team stats to team stats Seattle here http://www.nfl.com/t...SEA&seasonType= and Redskins here http://www.nfl.com/t...WAS&seasonType=

You'll notice Seattle had less third downs and allow more third downs. They had less yards and allowed almost as many yards. The Redskins had more sacks (41) and allowed less sacks (41) to Seattle's (33) sacks and (50) sacks allowed (50). Redskins had more total passing yards offensively with (3773) to Seattle (3105) and were just shy of less passing yards allowed with (3553) yards to Seattle's (3518). We had (1756) rushing yards which was better then the Redskins by (142) yards (1614). Seattle allowed just (87) rushing yards less. etc etc etc there defenses were very comparable in terms of last years defenses so saying he had more to work with is a misconception. It's the play of the defense this year which has been better but going into this year they were very much on an even playing field.

The Colts were a 10-6 team the previous year. Before making their stake in the lose for luck sweepstakes.

I disagree with you saying that he doesn't carry the team. Need only look here at his leadership http://www.nfl.com/v...-Russell-Wilson the guy is for real. Look at the receiving core he has to work with honestly. I love Rice Tate and Baldwin but none of them scream number one receiver. Rice you might make an argument for but injuries have slowed him down.

He guided Seattle to it's third best record in it's History. I agree they all deserve it. My problem is people discrediting him or saying he has it (way) better. Seattle did have a better record the previous year at (7-9) and that he does have Lynch. Morris ran for (1613) and had more yards then Lynch (1590) this year. Luck and RGIII are getting heaps of credit and so they should but Wilson deserves just as much that's my only argument. He shouldn't be considered lessor of a candidate or a distant 3rd as you say.

Edited by Seahawk

The Redskins were a 5-11 team with John Beck and Rex Grossman let me repeat that, they were a 5-11 team with John Beck and Rex Grossman. Comparing team stats to team stats Seattle here http://www.nfl.com/t...SEA&seasonType= and Redskins here http://www.nfl.com/t...WAS&seasonType=

You'll notice Seattle had less third downs and allow more third downs. They had less yards and allowed almost as many yards. The Redskins had more sacks (41) and allowed less sacks (41) to Seattle's (33) sacks and (50) sacks allowed (50). Redskins had more total passing yards offensively with (3773) to Seattle (3105) and were just shy of less passing yards allowed with (3553) yards to Seattle's (3518). We had (1756) rushing yards which was better then the Redskins by (142) yards (1614). Seattle allowed just (87) rushing yards less. etc etc etc there defenses were very comparable in terms of last years defenses so saying he had more to work with is a misconception. It's the play of the defense this year which has been better but going into this year they were very much on an even playing field.

The Colts were a 10-6 team the previous year. Before making their stake in the lose for luck sweepstakes.

I disagree with you saying that he doesn't carry the team. Need only look here at his leadership http://www.nfl.com/v...-Russell-Wilson the guy is for real. Look at the receiving core he has to work with honestly. I love Rice Tate and Baldwin but none of them scream number one receiver. Rice you might make an argument for but injuries have slowed him down.

He guided Seattle to it's third best record in it's History. I agree they all deserve it. My problem is people discrediting him or saying he has it (way) better. Seattle did have a better record the previous year at (7-9) and that he does have Lynch. Morris ran for (1613) and had more yards then Lynch (1590) this year. Luck and RGIII are getting heaps of credit and so they should but Wilson deserves just as much that's my only argument. He shouldn't be considered lessor of a candidate or a distant 3rd as you say.

Good info, don't have time to look at all the stats now. Simply put, last year

IND 2-14 (10-6 the year before, with Manning who is now gone)

WAS 5-11

SEA 7-9

IND also had a new coach, and WAS was starting a rookie (albeit very good) RB. SEA may have average WR, but outside an aging Wayne/Moss IND & WAS don't have much either.

Listen I am not saying that Wilson sucks, just that he had less to do with the turn around, and the turn arond wasn't as large as the other two. I get it, you're defending your guy, don't like all the fans and media dissing him by saying he isn't close to the other two. But that is the reality as most unbiased fans see it.

Listen I am not saying that Wilson sucks, just that he had less to do with the turn around, and the turn arond wasn't as large as the other two. I get it, you're defending your guy, don't like all the fans and media dissing him by saying he isn't close to the other two. But that is the reality as most unbiased fans see it.

Russell Wilson didn't even make DMD's poll as one of the options in this thread. This is a perfect example of the media determining who's in play by not even making Wilson available to choose from. :)

Russell Wilson didn't even make DMD's poll as one of the options in this thread. This is a perfect example of the media determining who's in play by not even making Wilson available to choose from. :)

Sure he did, the someone else category, which has about 10% of the vote.

I'm sure it doesn't help Wilson that they weren't on national TV as much, and not shown in the east much outside national games.

I'm interested in what people think about this question if were talking purely rookie rbs which would you say was the better rookie rb this year Alfred Morris or Doug Martin?

Edited by Seahawk

I missed that you wrote the bolded but do you still believe it to be true? image 1, image 2(while you can't see it would you like to tell me where you think Tate's right hand is? Oh, and where are Jennings' feet? No, seriously, have they landed? See you being wrong on a subtlety like this just goes to show that you haven't really taken the time to analyze the catch and really look at every possible scenario...it pretty much shows you made your mind up and what you think you saw is what happened.

Most people are that way anyways, make up their mind one way or the other and stick with it.

As a Seahawks fan my first impression was we got away with one (though I never thought it was the egregious blight to football Chucky was making it out to be), which I was fine with (thought there were plenty of blatantly bad calls that when the Packers way to give them the leed in the first place and the Seahawks had played well enough to get the win). The more detailed analysis I saw the in the following days, the more I changed my mind, I now firmly believe the proper call was made (and upheld) on the field. Most telling to me is the detail and evidence provided by those proving it was the proper call as opposed to the "because I said so" defenses of it being the "worst call in NFL history".

Edited by NoSupe4You

I'm interested in what people think about this question if were talking purely rookie rbs which would you say was the better rookie rb this year Alfred Morris or Doug Martin?

I'm a little biased in that Al-A-Mo guided me to my first ever BoTH Championship. But if you take out that 1 week explosion by Martin, its not even close. Martin is more explosive and for now, a better receiving option. But you cannot deny what the 6th rounder did this season.

I'm a little biased in that Al-A-Mo guided me to my first ever BoTH Championship. But if you take out that 1 week explosion by Martin, its not even close. Martin is more explosive and for now, a better receiving option. But you cannot deny what the 6th rounder did this season.

Please, just stop.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I thought moving to Minnesota would have simmered that Texan bitterness. Oh wait..you've had a lot of awesome things happen in the past year or so. :clap::bow: I almost feel vindicated that is all you had to say about my post. I almost feel like I won the lottery. Almost :wink:

Edited by tazinib1

:lol:

I thought moving to Minnesota would have simmered that Texan bitterness. Oh wait..you've had a lot of awesome things happen in the past year or so. :clap::bow: I Al-A-Mo-st feel vindicated that is all you had to say about my post. I Al-A-Mo-st feel like I won the lottery. Al-A-Mo-st :wink:

You missed one final chance to twist the knofe