[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offensive Rookie of the Year

DMD

Who is the 2012 ROY?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for ROY?

• Robert Griffin III
    • Andrew Luck
    • Doug Martin
    • Someone else

RG3 seems to be the media darling but I think he would be 3rd of that trio for me.

Luck having the Colts in the thick of a playoff run is simply amazing...and the Muscle Hampster is a big reason

the Bucs are also in the thick of it, bu as much if not more credit goes to Schiano which is why I say Luck.

Not to take anything away from RG3 but the Skins have really done a good job with play calling (IE: short passes) to

help him succeed.

Edited by keggerz

My vote would be for Martin. Luck and RGIII were put in great positions to succed, and even if they sucked, would have continued to get the snaps.

Martin deserves it, but since the NFL enjoys hanging on the sacks of QB (and I don't mean the stat), it will probably be Luck or RGIII. Probably Luck since he turned the joke of the league into a pretty nifty team.

My vote would be for Martin. Luck and RGIII were put in great positions to succed, and even if they sucked, would have continued to get the snaps.

Martin deserves it, but since the NFL enjoys hanging on the sacks of QB (and I don't mean the stat), it will probably be Luck or RGIII. Probably Luck since he turned the joke of the league into a pretty nifty team.

considering what that team was without him,I don't think you could say that Luck was put into a great situation. He'd get my vote easily.

My vote would be for Martin. Luck and RGIII were put in great positions to succeed, and even if they sucked, would have continued to get the snaps.

Uhhhh. :shrug: I know I'm a homer, but the Colt's made no secret that they pretty much dismantled the team and were going to rebuild from the ground up!! New GM, new Coach, virtually the entire coaching staff and assistants were replaced, completely new defensive scheme 4-3 to a 3-4, a bunch of new guys on the offensive line, and oh yeah, the new coach got Leukemia 4 weeks into the season.....

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm really not sure how that it could be said that he was being put into a great position to succeed..... :shrug:

Edited by Big Dogs

Not that close? Laughable.. it's very close.

I think it's close, but I do think that what he's been able to accomplish despite all of the outside factors and distractions, surrounding talent, new system for everyone, weak defense, coach missing most or all of the season, puts Luck at the top.

I think it's close, but I do think that what he's been able to accomplish despite all of the outside factors and distractions, surrounding talent, new system for everyone, weak defense, coach missing most or all of the season, puts Luck at the top.

plus a winning record. For some reason, :fishing: that amounts to a lot in the voters mind.

plus a winning record. For some reason, :fishing: that amounts to a lot in the voters mind.

I think it does matter because he plays a larger role in their wins than any one player on the team. He has a lot more responsibility and has handled it well.

Need to let the next 5 games play out, but i lean toward rg3 especially looking at his stats and his teams schedule.

Luck 56.8 completion 13 tds 13 ints 29th in passer rating

rgs3 67% 16td 4int 5th in passer rating - less yards i admit.

considering what that team was without him,I don't think you could say that Luck was put into a great situation. He'd get my vote easily.

Uhhhh. :shrug: I know I'm a homer, but the Colt's made no secret that they pretty much dismantled the team and were going to rebuild from the ground up!! New GM, new Coach, virtually the entire coaching staff and assistants were replaced, completely new defensive scheme 4-3 to a 3-4, a bunch of new guys on the offensive line, and oh yeah, the new coach got Leukemia 4 weeks into the season.....

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm really not sure how that it could be said that he was being put into a great position to succeed..... :shrug:

To clarify, I didn't intend on saying Luck (or RGIII, for that matter) was put into a "great" situation in that he was surrounded by a ton of talent.

My intent was to point out that the Indianapolis franchise (and the Washington franchise, in RGIII's case) were going to start their rookie QBs from day one and regardless of their production, would have stuck with them through the bad and good.

THAT, at least in my mind, is putting them in good situations whereby they could succeed. The Colts DID suck last year, but they still had/have some talent.

Furthermore, in comparing their situations to Martin's, it just sways me even more to Martin. He wasn't handed the starting job (or at least from what I gather). Most everything I read (and/or remember reading) said there'd be a split betweeen him and Blount. So much for that.

The NFL loves its QBs, so Luck will probably get it since he's had a pretty fantastic season, WINNING GAMES. Sure, RGIII is putting up X-Box numbers but the Skins still blow goats.

Edited by darin3