[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I Throw My Game?

fantasynewbie

If you had your playoff spot clinched, would you throw your game against a weak opponent, putting him in the playoffs and kicking a stronger team out of the running?

I would much rather face this weaker team in the playoffs than the team he would knock out, so I think this move would better my chances at a championship.

On the other hand, it just feels wrong and this is a dynasty league I play with family and friends, so I'm sure I'd never hear the end of it.

Don't even need to read your post to give you an answer, which is an empatic NO!

And really it has less to do with karma than simple ethics, or detlef's "don't be a dick" rule. Even if it was not impacting who makes the playoffs, but just the seeding, it is never acceptable to throw games.

I don't see a problem with this, the end goal of FF is to win the championship. If there is nothing in the rules that says you can't do this then I see no legitimate reason not too. This is just a strategic, smart move that only increases your percentage change of winning, which is all the matters.

I don't see a problem with this, the end goal of FF is to win the championship. If there is nothing in the rules that says you can't do this then I see no legitimate reason not too. This is just a strategic, smart move that only increases your percentage change of winning, which is all the matters.

Note to self...

This is FF not Survivor

Okay Pete Rose, I assume you'd be singing a different tune if it was you fighting for your playoff life, and someone else decided it was in their interest to give your competitor a free win and knock you out. You really can't see why giving someone a free win to slight someone else isn't in the spirit of the game?

I actually do have this as a rule in some leagues, but it shouldn't take a rule for you to realize what the goal of the game is, to win games by scoring more points than your opponents. It's a perversion of the game and takes no skill (throwing the game) because of your own selfish desires to slight someone else out of what they earned if you played the game the right way.

Further, there is no saying who is going to be the tougher win any given week among playoff teams, so if you try this BS to get a more "favorable" matchup, then expect karma to give you a big kick in the ass.

• Like 1

Okay Pete Rose, I assume you'd be singing a different tune if it was you fighting for your playoff life, and someone else decided it was in their interest to give your competitor a free win and knock you out. You really can't see why giving someone a free win to slight someone else isn't in the spirit of the game?

I actually do have this as a rule in some leagues, but it shouldn't take a rule for you to realize what the goal of the game is, to win games by scoring more points than your opponents. It's a perversion of the game and takes no skill (throwing the game) because of your own selfish desires to slight someone else out of what they earned if you played the game the right way.

Further, there is no saying who is going to be the tougher win any given week among playoff teams, so if you try this BS to get a more "favorable" matchup, then expect karma to give you a big kick in the ass.

Maybe he is just resting his players :rofl:

I've found its not worth arguing with people that have a win at all costs attitude, to them any action is justified, so long as there isn't a written rule against it. Another reason to adopt detlef's "don't be a dick" rule.