[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs Player Commits Suicide

heehawks

This is tragic in so many ways. Does any one know if this guy had issues with concussions?

It is tragic, but on the same hand I think we could be asking if he was just evil, there doesn't always have to be a way to explain something away, a murderer and a coward for leaving his baby a orphan is the way I would label him right now....not a concussion victim!

It is tragic, but on the same hand I think we could be asking if he was just evil, there doesn't always have to be a way to explain something away, a murderer and a coward for leaving his baby a orphan is the way I would label him right now....not a concussion victim!

It was just a question, not looking to exonerate anything he did.

It was just a question, not looking to exonerate anything he did.

Not jumping on you, please don't take me the wrong way. I just think our society tries to explain away situations like this way to often.....evil is all I call it and tragic for the mother and child...I have no sympathy for a man that commits such a evil and cowardly act as he did....PLAY ON!!!

Not jumping on you, please don't take me the wrong way. I just think our society tries to explain away situations like this way to often.....evil is all I call it and tragic for the mother and child...I have no sympathy for a man that commits such a evil and cowardly act as he did....PLAY ON!!!

No problem. It's a very volatile topic.

I was talking to my wife about the kid that was left behind and wondered how and when they would tell her what happened to her parents. Easy enough to tell her they died in a car accident or something benign. My wife said "it is probably all ready on wikipedia." She'll always know.

I was talking to my wife about the kid that was left behind and wondered how and when they would tell her what happened to her parents. Easy enough to tell her they died in a car accident or something benign. My wife said "it is probably all ready on wikipedia." She'll always know.

Assuming she knows who she is. If she gets adopted by a non-family member or something she may be spared all of this. If she stays in the family, she will eventually know. Sad on a whole other level.p

I have been on Belchers end of the gun a few times due to depression and anxiety. I have never considered bringing anyone with me. That said it is sad to see someone take the ultimate step and pull the trigger. I don't pretend to know what was going through his mind but I know what was going through mine when I wanted to kill myself. There is nothing logical about it.

I feel empathy for all involved.

Are you really comparing you taking off work to canceling a NFL game?

No, you said the Chiefs should just be able to play because "it is their job." I'm saying I don't care what your job is, I think it would be hard to go to work after something like this. I didn't say anything about cancelling the game; just that it is going to be hard for the Chiefs to play.

I have been on Belchers end of the gun a few times due to depression and anxiety. I have never considered bringing anyone with me. That said it is sad to see someone take the ultimate step and pull the trigger. I don't pretend to know what was going through his mind but I know what was going through mine when I wanted to kill myself. There is nothing logical about it.

Sorry to hear that. Good to see you opted to not give up the fight. You made a good choice :tup:

First off, none of us has any idea of what went down.

Second, to my recollection, Belcher has never had any issues where you would ever think he was capable of this. Something in this man snapped, and we may never know the why's behind this.

All I know is it's a terrible tragedy. And I'm not going to sit here and judge a man for something where I wasn't in his shoes. Was he wrong for taking the woman's life? Yes. Absolutely. But at the end of the day, it's a terrible tragedy that happens every day in this world.

As like tbimm, I've stared at the barrel of a gun before, and I know that when you reach that point you are dealing with some things that are so deep that you have left the world of the rational.

God help those people that are affected by this thing.

hugs to you TBIMM.. also, like CD said, these people arent in a rational state of mind, and it's so sad for all involved that it came down to this. I came across this article about Belcher:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/01/background-who-is-jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-university-of-maine/1739063/

i am close to that myself but won't take anyone with me. :(

No, you said the Chiefs should just be able to play because "it is their job." I'm saying I don't care what your job is, I think it would be hard to go to work after something like this. I didn't say anything about cancelling the game; just that it is going to be hard for the Chiefs to play.

It's going to be very hard for them. No question. At no point was I implying that it wouldn't be. But I never thought canceling the game was a possibility.

ESPN is saying the Panthers were told to travel to KC as planned.

I have little doubt that the fact that the game has no playoff implications made it easier for the NFL to just say they are going to play the game as scheduled. In fact, they are probably relieved to be able to get the game over with as scheduled so as not to the draw extra publicity and additional bad PR that could have resulted if there were more of an individual focus on the game (as would have happened if the game had been postponed and played in isolation).

A lot of us are here for you to talk to.

Absolutely agreed here. BJ man, I consider you a close bretheren through our FFB exploits on the Huddle. So please take the time, anytime, to shoot a PM.

There are tons of guys (and probably ladies too!) that respect you greatly here and would be happy to listen to you anytime.