[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andrew Luck is an effin STUD!

Shorttynaz

He really did not play well today until the last 4 minutes of the game. He threw some bad interceptions and missed some open looks. But the TD throw he made to Brazill was special. He is amazing in the no huddle.

However, this game was more about the Lions to me. With four minutes to go, Calvin Johnson drops a pass that would have extended their drive. It was not a great throw by Stafford, but should have been caught. After the punt, the Lions dropped what should have been Luck's fourth pick. A few plays later, the Colts score. The Lions go three and out, and then Luck worked his magic on that final drive. When the Lions were up 12 with three minutes to go, it sure looked like they were sure this game was over.

Yeah as great as that last drive was and as hopeful as I am about his future, Luck still has a ways to go, esp on keeping the bad throws down. Griffin is far more along than he is IMO overall. And this was more about the Lions being, well, the Lions, than Luck's greatness, frankly. Horrible play in those closing minutes.

Colts are not a true 8-4/playoff team. Lotta close wins vs mostly lesser teams that won't be there next year.

Seattle would still be a pretty damn good football team with Matt Flynn at QB. The team has enough around them to pick up the slack. Not at all discrediting Wilson - he's got the potential to be something special, but he has a beast for a RB, a pretty good line - average to above average WR's, and Seattle has a pretty good defense. I think their record would be right about where it's at regardless if it were Wilson or Flynn behind center.

RG3 - yeah - there's no arguing that one. He's a playmaker and a smart one at that.

(I'm bias here) Luck on the other hand has an extremely subpar o-line, garbage at the RB position, a future hall of famer WR + some average at best WR's. And their D is horrible. Always has been - hopefully Grigson will try to do something about that. Yet of the 3, Luck and the Colts are winning 2 of every 3 games they play and probably gonna be a playoff team. Sure, they're gonna get killed in the wild card round, but who would have thought they'd be there in the first place.. Luck has already shown that he is surely strong enough to put the weight of this team on his shoulders and carry the load.

All I'm sayin is he's gonna do some special things in his career, and I'm glad he's wearing the horseshoe on the side of his helmet!

Edited by Shorttynaz

I agree with Shortty . . . the Colts offensive line is awful. Truly horrible. Running backs are average at best.

I do think they've put together a young group of offensive talent . . . Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Brazill will all be a big part of this team for years to come. Avery is a nice free agent find as well.

Defensively, the cornerback position has been hammered by injuries. It was nice to get Vontae Davis back, but nobody else that is left healthy is an NFL starter. Zbikowski is not a NFL safety either.

I do like Freeman, Fokou, and Angerer at linebacker. Mathis has made the switch to outside linebacker well. Freeney has not. DE and NT position has been decimated by injuries.

The main reason this team is 8-4 is Andrew Luck. No doubt about it.

He has not been as flashy as RGIII but is clearly a stud.

Yeah as great as that last drive was and as hopeful as I am about his future, Luck still has a ways to go, esp on keeping the bad throws down. Griffin is far more along than he is IMO overall. And this was more about the Lions being, well, the Lions, than Luck's greatness, frankly. Horrible play in those closing minutes.

Colts are not a true 8-4/playoff team. Lotta close wins vs mostly lesser teams that won't be there next year.

Wow I couldn't disagree more.

He really did not play well today until the last 4 minutes of the game. He threw some bad interceptions and missed some open looks. But the TD throw he made to Brazill was special. He is amazing in the no huddle.

However, this game was more about the Lions to me. With four minutes to go, Calvin Johnson drops a pass that would have extended their drive. It was not a great throw by Stafford, but should have been caught. After the punt, the Lions dropped what should have been Luck's fourth pick. A few plays later, the Colts score. The Lions go three and out, and then Luck worked his magic on that final drive. When the Lions were up 12 with three minutes to go, it sure looked like they were sure this game was over.

This.

And if the Lions were a good team and they finish off that game we are saying Luck is having an up and down normal rookie season.

That said, when opportunity presents itself, take advantage which he did. He will be a great QB in this league, solid already.

Edited by chiefjay

I think some of Luck's struggles have come from the fact that his offensive line stinks. He has no running game to work with, and is getting pressure almost every time he drops back. He moves in the pocket so well, and has made some unbelievable throws with people hanging all over him, but he's also made some bad decisions with guys hanging all over him.

But what I'm most excited about is Luck in the two minute drill. The guy is money. Five fourth quarter comebacks is his first 12 games? Absurd for a rookie. They'd be 2-14 again without him.

Once the Colts can fix the offensive line, and provide him with a running game, he is going to be amazing.

Some of the throws he made on Sunday were ridiculous. The Brazill TD . . . he is scrambling to his left, throws the ball of one foot, just as a guy levels him . . . 50 yards in the air on a rope. Unbelievable.

The throw to Wayne on the last drive . . . over the corner and in front of the safety in a very small window. Beautiful.

Two plays before the last play, he threw another amazing ball to Wayne that would have been a TD. The corner knocked it out of Wayne's hands.

My point is, the fact he has done so well in the two minute drill, combined with some of the amazing throws he has made this season, outweighs some of the bad moments because, well, he is a rookie. But he is going to be special.

Edited by CaptainHook