[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bryce Brown

Hugh-mongus

I'll bet you....hmmm, lets see....uh....whatever you want that the above statement isn't true.

KFFL and The Huddle seem to agree that RBBC is a very strong possibility in Philly next year. We'll just have to wait and see. I mean, right now we have no idea of even who the Eagles coach will be for 2013.

KFFL and The Huddle seem to agree that RBBC is a very strong possibility in Philly next year. We'll just have to wait and see. I mean, right now we have no idea of even who the Eagles coach will be for 2013.

Then it should make it even more enticing for someone to want to take me up on my wager :brow:

I think Brown has done a tremendous job in McCoy's absense....buts lets take a deep breathe and think about things a bit more realisitically from a long-term standpoint.

Case 1: Ben tate came in last year for the injured All-Pro Arian Foster, and performed exceptionally well...to the point where you could continue to start both when both were healthy. But inevitably, it came back to Foster....while Tate is a great back, he is stuck behind a better one.

Case 2: Michael Bush set the world on fire when filling in for McFadden last year and the year prior...so much so that he was a highly sought after by a bunch of teams before signing with the Bears, who already had a stud RB in Forte. Even with that big contract and bigger reputation, he has been nothing more than an afterthought in games where both have been healthy.

It'll be the same with Brown...and with the Eagles having spent big money to lock up McCoy long-term just last year, Brown will likely be trade bait or a coveted free agent...but certainly not someone to dip into McCoy's production in any meaningful way.

I agree with you in principal, but the unknown is whether the 2013 coaching staff feels Brown offers something that McCoy doesn't and therefore earns some kind of regular role in the offense. The other big wild card is whether Brown continues to put the ball on the ground. There are definitely some questions to be answered in the off-season. I doubt we'll see a 50-50, but could we see 10ish touches a game from Brown?

Regarding your 'case studies':

-- Tate carved out a 10 touch share after Foster's return but then lost it himself due to an inability to stay healthy. Houston was also the rare exception where the running game was so top-notch anybody with touches was startable in FF. That's very unusual.

-- I'd argue Bush has a role in Chicago, and it's a critical one from a fantasy perspective - he's the short yardage / goalline back.

I was looking over the seasons stat line for both McCoy and Brown, and what I see is something to be aware of.

Now I know Brown has started only 2 games with 19 and 24 att. respectively, but with those 2 games he averages 8 yards a game.

With McCoy this year, playing behind the same off. line and before the injury, he was ave. 4.2 yards a game. I'll mention the best 2 games McCoy had were against the NYG 23/123 ave. 5.3 and NO 19/119 ave 6.3. The NO Def at the time were ranked dead last in the league, could still be, and he didn't match Brown.

What is scary as a McCoy owner, if he was the clear cut #1 in Philly, why couldn't he produce as Bryce is when given the chance?

Was it because of Vick being behind center?? Maybe, but with Foles playing, the Def are stacking the box and Brown is still producing better numbers.

Edited by RJV

What is scary as a McCoy owner, if he was the clear cut #1 in Philly, why couldn't he produce as Bryce is when given the chance?

Was it because of Vick being behind center?? Maybe, but with Foles playing, the Def are stacking the box and Brown is still producing better numbers.

Go look at some tape of yesterdays game and last week's game...teams are not stacking the box against Brown. In fact its the exact opposite...teams keyed on McCoy when he played, whereas each of the last two weeks, neither team really game-planned to stop Brown. The Cowboys, in fact, only played 8-men fronts in short-yardage situations....never on first-down. So you argument of teams "stacking the box" is, well...completely wrong.

Another interesting tidbit: neither is in the top half of the league in rushing defense, so Brown's impressive numbers have come against the dregs of the league in games where the defense wasn't even keying on him.

Perhaps we'll get a chance to see what he can do when teams really do start trying to stop the run....truly play 8-men fronts. I am going out on a short limb and state Brown's totals won't nearly be as impressive.

It's all going to be a moot point if the kid doesn't learn how to hang onto the ball. No amount of yardage is going to keep him in the game if he keeps coughing up the ball at the rate he is now. He carries the ball way too far from his body. If I were him, I'd be talking to Tiki Barber and Adrian Peterson and learn how to protect the ball better.

It's all going to be a moot point if the kid doesn't learn how to hang onto the ball. No amount of yardage is going to keep him in the game if he keeps coughing up the ball at the rate he is now. He carries the ball way too far from his body. If I were him, I'd be talking to Tiki Barber and Adrian Peterson and learn how to protect the ball better.

I remember when Tiki had some fumble issues

he went from two to one fumbles next week will be zero.

Just because Dallas did a poor job of trying to knock it out doesn't mean he's getting better. What's more concerning to me than seeing him flailing the ball out away from his body in the open field is the fact that he doesn't shift the ball away from the side he's going to receive contact and he's not covering up with both arms when running through traffic. As much talent as it looks like he has, make no mistake, this guy has a 3-4 fumble game sometime soon in his future if he doesn't get better at protecting it.

Just because Dallas did a poor job of trying to knock it out doesn't mean he's getting better. What's more concerning to me than seeing him flailing the ball out away from his body in the open field is the fact that he doesn't shift the ball away from the side he's going to receive contact and he's not covering up with both arms when running through traffic. As much talent as it looks like he has, make no mistake, this guy has a 3-4 fumble game sometime soon in his future if he doesn't get better at protecting it.

Shades of Ryan Mathews.

I hope with proper coaching Brown's fumblitis can be cured.