[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cecil Shorts III

Eagle2003

Cecil Shorts (concussion) and Rashard Jennings (concussion) have not been cleared to practice.

Per coach Mike Mularkey, Shorts has passed the concussion tests but is still feeling symptoms. We're not sure exactly how that's possible. Regardless, it's a very poor sign for Shorts' Week 14 availability that he's still feeling a hit he sustained three days ago. With Kevin Elliot and Jordan Shipley serving as candidates to fill in opposite Justin Blackmon, Shorts' owners need to be looking elsewhere for backup plans. Dec 5 - 12:37 PM

Source: Mark Long on Twitter

In both leagues I scooped him up in, I have a 1st round bye. Luckily I have guys waiting in the wings to take his place.

I was counting on using him since my league gives bonus points for longer TDs.

With JAX running game in more trouble due to injury, Henne will be throwing a lot.

With Jordy Questionable along with Shorts, I had to fall back to Givens. I rather have Shorts playing.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said Antonio Cromartie will cover Justin Blackmon "most of the time" Sunday.

Coming off a 1/9/0 line against the Bills last week, Blackmon was already going to be a weak WR3 option. This should seal the deal. Cromartie has been among the league's top shadow corners this season, shutting down the likes of Larry Fitzgerald (1/23/0) and Brandon Lloyd (3/26/0) in the last two weeks. If Cecil Shorts (concussion) is able to suit up Sunday, he should be in for a boatload of targets.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said Antonio Cromartie will cover Justin Blackmon "most of the time" Sunday.

Coming off a 1/9/0 line against the Bills last week, Blackmon was already going to be a weak WR3 option. This should seal the deal. Cromartie has been among the league's top shadow corners this season, shutting down the likes of Larry Fitzgerald (1/23/0) and Brandon Lloyd (3/26/0) in the last two weeks. If Cecil Shorts (concussion) is able to suit up Sunday, he should be in for a boatload of targets.

Who hasnt shut these 2 WRs down?

Edited by peepinmofo

Cecil Shorts has officially been ruled out this week.

Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts (concussion) and RB Rashad Jennings (concussion) have been ruled out for Week 14 versus the Jets.

It was expected. No Jaguars player has gone on to play Sunday after missing Friday's practice. Shorts was still experiencing symptoms at mid-week, which means he's no sure bet to return for Week 15 at Miami. We suspect Kevin Elliott will draw the start opposite Justin Blackmon with Jordan Shipley staying in the slot. Elliott is not a viable flex option for the fantasy playoffs. Montell Owens will handle lead-back duties with Jennings out.

Related: Montell Owens, Jordan Shipley, Kevin Elliott

Source: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter

Dec 7 - 1:03 PM