[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Urgent Week 14 IDP Help Please

oscaez

I need to pick 2 IDP from the list below to start week #14.

Scoring : Tackle = 1.5 pts (NO points for assists), Sack = 7 pts, Interception = 10 pts and all TD = 6 pts

Which 2 would you start this week that are a safe bet for good solo tackle numbers and upside of maybe a sack or interception?

1. Dansby at SanFran

2. Fletcher vs Balt

3. Wagner vs Ariz

4. Burnett vs Det

5. Ellerbe at Wash

Thanks

I like Fletcher the most, then Dansby barely over Wagner who I only downgrade because of the matchup. If you wanted to play Wagner over Dansby I couldn't argue with you much on that, the dude's been money. Then Ellerbe, who has been great but is coming off an injury and has an unfavorable matchup. Then Burnett, Detroit's actually been much better for CB's than the Safety's.

I like Fletcher the most, then Dansby barely over Wagner who I only downgrade because of the matchup. If you wanted to play Wagner over Dansby I couldn't argue with you much on that, the dude's been money. Then Ellerbe, who has been great but is coming off an injury and has an unfavorable matchup. Then Burnett, Detroit's actually been much better for CB's than the Safety's.

For the season that is true but over the past four weeks they are 4th in points allowed to CBs and 5th to safeties

Most of those players all have poor matchups...

Fletcher and Morgan Burnett are who I would play.

I am a big Wagner fan but that offense in Arizona scares me to death...big fan of Dansby too but he has a pretty poor matchup this week too...as far as Ellerbe goes he not only has a poor matchup but is coming back from injury...that's not something I want any part of.

1. I currently have slotted Dansby and Burnett. I agree Fletcher is probably better over Dansby but I am worried that Fletcher

does not get many solo tackles and gets more assists and we only get points for solo tackles not assists. Is this correct to

assume?

2. What do you see as being Fletchers solo tackle number vs Dansbys solo tackle number?

3. Why is San Fran a bad match up as they have given up the 6th most fantasy points to LB's ?

I have Wagner on my bench as most people feel the match up is poor vs Arizona. I hate having him there as he has been a monster most weeks. However week #1 when they played at Arizona Wagner had only 3 solo tackles.

4. Freeman also is available vs Ten. Thoughts?

Thanks

1. I currently have slotted Dansby and Burnett. I agree Fletcher is probably better over Dansby but I am worried that Fletcher

does not get many solo tackles and gets more assists and we only get points for solo tackles not assists. Is this correct to

assume?

2. What do you see as being Fletchers solo tackle number vs Dansbys solo tackle number?

3. Why is San Fran a bad match up as they have given up the 6th most fantasy points to LB's ?

I have Wagner on my bench as most people feel the match up is poor vs Arizona. I hate having him there as he has been a monster most weeks. However week #1 when they played at Arizona Wagner had only 3 solo tackles.

4. Freeman also is available vs Ten. Thoughts?

Thanks

1. Fletcher averages 6.7 solos/home game, Dansby averages 4.8 on the road which is where he plays this week.

2. I hadn't finished my projections when I replied last night....but i have now...I have Fletcher projected for 6 solos and 7 assists...I have Dansby projected for 9 solos and no assists...with that said I feel I am on the high side in Dansby's projection and there is much more risk with him hitting that projection -- there is no upside in that. As for Fletcher, I can see him easily finishing with 8+ solos -- there is some upside in his projection.

3. San Fran for the year ranks 7th (huddle scoring)...but prior to last week's game against the Rams they ranked 31st in points allowed from weeks 10 thru 12...On top of that starting MLBs against the 49ers in SF this year have recorded the following solos: 5,2,3,7,6 & 3....The 7 belongs to Wagner and the 6 to Laurinaitis...Dansby doesn't produce like those two...since your league doesn't score assists then it doesn't matter that Fletcher averages 6.3 assists/game at home and that the 49ers have only allowed an average of 1.3 assists to MLB in games at SF, and that is even with the 4 assists that Urlacher had in week 11 -- truly an outlier -- so without that it is .8/game.

4. I have Freeman ranked 3rd overall. His projection is 6 solos, 5 assists and a sack...the sack of course ads quite a bit of risk because they are so hard to project.

I have Burnett projected for 8 solos and 3 assists...Still think I would rather play Fletcher playing at home than Dansby playing on the road.

Thanks Keggerz. That's some great information. In my league we play each week 2 IDP from any position. I usually have been playing LB's because of solo tackles and the upside of a possible sack / interception.

Our league scores: Solo Tackles Only 1.5 pts (NO points for assists), 7 pts for a sack and 10 pts for an interception. All TD = 6 pts

Most of the year I had been playing Wagner in my one spot and since Lee went down picking up weekly from the waivers for my other spot.

If I win this week I make our playoffs. Lose and I am out. Its a head to head league. My opponents IDP are Von Miller (at Oak) and Jo-Lonn Dunbar (at Buff). Besides the rest of my team I need to beat or at least match his IDP output.

1, So knowing all that would you still start in my one spot Burnett (vs Det) and ? Fletcher (vs Balt) > Dansby (at SF) > Freeman

(vs Ten) > Wagner (vs Ariz)?......By the way just noticed a stat correction to Wagner from last week had his sack taken away,

2. Or do you have any good sleeper names that you feel with my scoring system would be better than those listed above that I

could check to see if they are available on my waivers?

Thanks again for all your great information!!