[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Network - A Football Life - Barry Sanders

Shotgun Messiahs

Just when you thought there was no way you couldn't like this guy any more. Just another awesome story about Barry. To me, seems like I enjoyed watching football so much more in the mid 80's to the late 90's vs. the games these days.

They made one for Marcus Allen, premiers next Wednesday. Barry and now Marcus. 2 backs I really loved watching back in my days. Feeling spoiled now.

One of the fondest NFL memories I have is Sanders' 13 carry/-1 yd performance vs GB in the Packers' playoff W on the last day of the year in 1994 (in his defense, Sanders did net +3 yds on 16 touches for the game). Incredibly enjoyable to watch.

Edited by Bronco Billy

One of the finest men to ever abrubtly quit on his team in the history of the game :usa:

True, very true.

i still believe that management and owners drove him to that decision. They really did not try hard to improve and surround the other components of the team. IMO they were statisfied with Barry being Barry on the field.

Sad to see what could have been if he had better players.

As a lot have posted in the past, imagine Barry Sanders behind the O-line that Dallas had, and the WRs/TE. There are other teams too during that decade that was a better fit for Sanders.

I'm not :fishy: for reaction, just stating an example of the obvious.