[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 WW LBs

Last week on the WW for our league as we head into the playoffs.

Some very unclear situations that could be exploited for FF playoffs given you can find the guy with the right opportunity. What do fellow Huddlers know about the following:

HOU LBs: James, Dobbins, and Sharpton all available, plum spot to score FF points and each are averaging good FF pts over the last 5 weeks in games where they've played. Which if any is the guy to grab?

SD LBs: Williams, Spikes available, Williams putting up great numbers last 5 weeks but big part of that is 2 TDs - has a very poor week 10 and mediocre week 11, Spikes putting up great FF numbers past 2 weeks running.

CLE LB: Maiava available, starting to get some sacks. Has CLE changed his role so that he's getting more pass rush chances?

STL LB: McIntosh available and putting up very solid numbers last 3 games. Is he permanently ahead of Haggan and has STL changed the SLB role?

AZ LB: Groves available and has put up 5 tackles with at least 1 assist each of past 3 weeks, but is listed behind Acho on depth charts

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Fokou available? He's getting a decent number of snaps for the Colts and has been mildly productive. Depends how desperate you are.

Fokou is averaging half the number of FF ppg than most of the names that I listed above. Looking for a potential FF LB3 or LB4, not a desperation roster filler.

Sharpton is playing around 65% of the snaps two weeks running (45% the week before that). James didn't play a snap in week 13 due to a hamstring problem. Give me Sharpton out of the group of HOU LBs, he will get the most opportunity on passing downs whereas Tim Dobbins is a better run stuffer. Barrett Ruud is WW fodder and Bradie James looks to be limited down the stretch.

I think Spikes is the best LB play you can make from the list you presented. SD's schedule has decent opportunity against teams that like to run the ball. That being said, I don't love the PIT matchup as much as I would in years past. However, with Ben potientally coming back, maybe my stance on that should change.

I don't know what to make of McIntosh. He got Haggan's job on injury (elbow) and posted some really good numbers. The thing is that those tackles aren't coming at anyone else's expense; just better opportunity I think. Through weeks 11-13, McInotsh has posted 17 solos, 2 assists and a sacks. Through those same weeks, here are the average stats of the other starting defenders on the Rams vs. their averages.

Laurinaitis: 9 solos and 2.7 assists per game (7.5 solos and 1.5 assists avg week 1-10)

Dunbar: 7 solos and 1.3 assists per game (5.2 solo and 0.9 assists avg week 1-10)

Mikell: 5.3 solos and 0.3 assists per game (4.5 solos and 1 assists avg week 1-10)

Dahl: 2 solos and 0.3 assists per game (4.4 solos and 1.2 assists avg week 1-10)

Against the 49ers = 57 tackle opportunities

Against the Cardinals = 54 tackle opportunities

Against the Jets = 57 tackles opportunities

Average through week 10 = 52 tackle opportunities

Tough to draw too many meaningful conclusions from that data. It does appear as though the defensive line isn't soaking up as many tackles as well on a quick glance but I haven't done that analysis.

Long story short? I don't trust McIntosh's production.

I don't like Groves. I think his use (and production) goes down when Calais Campbell returns from his calf injury.

Like TJ I like Sharpton best of the HOU LBs, but over the next three weeks HOU faces three teams that rank 26th, 29th and 32nd in points allowed to LBs over the past four games.

I don't like Spikes as much as TJ..like Demorrio a lot this week but in week 15 the Chargers face CAR and they have been a pretty bad matchup for LBs this year, but the Jets in week 16 have been a good matchup this year.

Maiava, McIntosh and Groves are all to risky for me.

I would rather go with Demorrio but he even has added risk because Butler could make his way back on the field..Spikes stays on the field even if Butler returns so he is probably the default safe play.