[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did the Raiders really trade two first round picks for Carson Palmer?

CaptainHook

It is in the top 10 for sure, but Ricky Williams in the top 3. I think Walker is #1.

It will be a few years to change the attitude of the work enviroment. There is a start, hopefully each season continues to improve.

Well the Hershall trade did bring the Cowboys back to back SB's. Not sure how you can top that one.

The Herschel Walker trade, also known as "The Great Train Robbery", was the largest player trade in the history of theNational Football League.[1] It involved 18 players and draft picks.[2] The trade was made on October 12, 1989, between the Dallas Cowboys and the Minnesota Vikings.

The trade

Minnesota Vikings received

• RB Herschel Walker

• Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)

• San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)

• Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)

• Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys received

Basically Dallas gave up Walker and in return got Emmitt. And 12 other players. One of the later trades netted Dallas Russell Maryland. It was a good time to be a Cowboys fan... actually it was also the last time it was good to be a Cowboys fan...

While I understand the criticism. Oakland was in the thick of things and looking pretty good when Jason Campbell went down. The coach tried to do something about it unlike Chicago when Cutler went down. While I do agree he did give up too much the team now has many more problems that aren't Carlson Palmer. Oakland is now in a rebuilding year. I'd like to see what Pryor looks like.

While I understand the criticism. Oakland was in the thick of things and looking pretty good when Jason Campbell went down. The coach tried to do something about it unlike Chicago when Cutler went down. While I do agree he did give up too much the team now has many more problems that aren't Carlson Palmer. Oakland is now in a rebuilding year. I'd like to see what Pryor looks like.

i can't remember their record but they were around a 500 team with maybe a shot to make the playoffs. the coach mortgaged the future for some chance of the playoffs for that year.

i can't remember their record but they were around a 500 team with maybe a shot to make the playoffs. the coach mortgaged the future for some chance of the playoffs for that year.

That's kind of how I remember it. Although I can't remember the last Raiders coach to stay around long enough to have it really matter.

Exactly, two of their problems now are the 2 lost first round draft picks. I mean sure they were blowing like 90% of them anyway, but that was with Al in charge.