[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bout them Cowboys

Cowboyz1

So how did he get the nickname slip? I've been thinking about this for awhile

He slips out of tackles, slips the ball down field and slips into the endzone, so we can slip out of Cincy with a win. while on occasion slipping up trying to slip one down field between defenders. When he was a rookie he slipped up on the snap and cost us a game that would have let us slip into the second round of the playoffs.

All in all, Romo is as about as slippery a QB as you'll see. You won't see another QB find ways to slip sacks, while keeping his eyes down field and making big plays. In doing so he does on occassion slip up and fumble. However, more often then not he slips woodbe tacklers and finds his targets down field or like against the Rams turns a bad snap into a first down.

Thus Slip.

Rodgers O-Line is terrible right now. Big Drama won a Super Bowl and made it to another one behind absolutely pathetic offensive lines.

You are right though, Romo is having an elite season. I mean he came into today's game with the 13th best QB Rating and 20 TD's to go with 16 INT's. If that isn't elite, I don't know what is. :lol:

Cue you making excuses for each interception........

He should be dead or crippled. The fact that he is still playing at all is a miracle. Rather a testament to his slippery nature! :brow:

You'd be hard pressed to name me another QB who could put up 4000+ yards behind our O line with our running game?

Edited by Cowboyz1

Uh, FG as time expires is "taking it to the Bengals"?

:lol:

Delusional much?

did you watch the game? Taking it to them means stopping Dalton and that offense in the 4th Quarter. Finding a way to get it done with all backups at almost every postion while the starters that were playing were shuttling in an out with other dings. I would say they took it to them yes. The score shows a Cowboys W and we had to take it to them to get it period.

did you watch the game? Taking it to them means stopping Dalton and that offense in the 4th Quarter. Finding a way to get it done with all backups at almost every postion while the starters that were playing were shuttling in an out with other dings. I would say they took it to them yes. The score shows a Cowboys W and we had to take it to them to get it period.

:fool:

:fool:

Laugh all you you want to but they had to "take it to" the Bengals in order to beast on them in the forth quarter holding them on three drives and then driving for 10 points for the win. The throw to Bryant for the last TD was a thing of beauty.

Then again the phrase does seem out of place the more I type it. "Taking it to the Bengals" just seems...........well.........odd. :yuk:

Edited by Cowboyz1

Laugh all you you want to but they had to "take it to" the Bengals in order to beast on them in the forth quarter holding them on three drives and then driving for 10 points for the win. The throw to Bryant for the last TD was a thing of beauty.

Then again the phrase does seem out of place the more I type it. "Taking it to the Bengals" just seems...........well.........odd. :yuk:

I'll help you out. The Seahawks "took it too" the Cardinals. The Cowboys escaped from Cincy with an impressive victory against a solid team on the road.

• Like 1

He slips out of tackles, slips the ball down field and slips into the endzone, so we can slip out of Cincy with a win. while on occasion slipping up trying to slip one down field between defenders. When he was a rookie he slipped up on the snap and cost us a game that would have let us slip into the second round of the playoffs.

All in all, Romo is as about as slippery a QB as you'll see. You won't see another QB find ways to slip sacks, while keeping his eyes down field and making big plays. In doing so he does on occassion slip up and fumble. However, more often then not he slips woodbe tacklers and finds his targets down field or like against the Rams turns a bad snap into a first down.

Thus Slip.

I'd Argue that Big Ben is just as, if not better at breaking sacks and escaping pressure while making a big play.

He should be dead or crippled. The fact that he is still playing at all is a miracle. Rather a testament to his slippery nature! :brow:

You'd be hard pressed to name me another QB who could put up 4000+ yards behind our O line with our running game?

Ben again, last year. Just saying, no dog in this fight at all. Worst O line ever, by far last year.

I'd Argue that Big Ben is just as, if not better at breaking sacks and escaping pressure while making a big play.

Big Drama is the best all-time at breaking tackles in the pocket, extending plays and making HUGH plays down the field. That isn't me talking, it is pretty much every announcer and analyst covering the NFL. He's also done it in playoff games, Super Bowls, and during one of the best game winning drives in Super Bowl history, but, save your breath, Romo is the best at it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Menudo

What happened to this ?????

Goodbye cruel world.........I'm comin to join you honey!

23 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

"With an 6-10 record and RGme turkey leg shoved up my a$$"

The World I had been living in, you know the one where the Cowboys were good, has been destroyed and has come crashing down.

That's it, I've had it. I have finally been broken. I can't do it anymore. I love my Cowboys as you all know and always will, but today was it. I just can't make excuses for them any longer. I can't come in here and blah blah blah, if if if, and woulda coulda shoulda no more.

Mark it down. Thanksgiving day 2012, Cowboyz1 finally takes off the Homer glasses and is absolutely mortified at what he sees. I've been fighten it and fighten it. Many of you've been telling me over and over again. But I wouldn't listen.

But today I saw the Washington stinkin Redskins come in to Cowboys stadium and lump us up in 30 minutes. 30 frigin minutes. If you'd noticed I have been quiet lately. I've been flirting with the idea of taking off the glasses for a few weeks now. Taking them down and seeing ugly then putting them back on again just hoping it wasn't true.
:shades:

But I finally ripped them off and through them down and............well..........I shat. I actually shat right then and there at what my eyes beheld.

There is something wrong with this team. I mean deep down wrong. I don't know exactly what it is but I know this. It's medieval wrong.

For example, how the hell can every single position on the team save the quarterback come up lame. I mean they outta have a a stretcher on the field after every frigin play. Or a designated guy who yells "Coreman" after each and every whistle. Where do they get these players. Walmart. Come on, both starting LBs, Both starting Centers, Starting Ends, Starting Safeties, Starting Tackles, Both Starting Running backs, Starting Corners and Starting Wide Receivers Felix should be dead already. Or at least crippled and in a old folks home. I have never seen so many players go down and come up limping, shaking their arms or rolling their shoulders. I mean damn did some witch from New Orleans put a root on us or something.

Never seen anything like it. The Defense should just run out carrying their own IV bags.

38 points to a sorry Redskin squad at home. AT HOME. WR's running free like prisoners let loose for a night at Woody's titty bar with stacks of 100's in their pockets. One even had time to fall down, brush off the ball, take a compass reading, get up and walk into the end-zone. That's two weeks in a row.

Then there's the running game. 7 rushes 22 yards. 7 times the running back was handed the football only to get stuffed by an unblocked defender............Romo drops back 62 times. If there was a game that once and for all shows the world that Romo is NOT the problem it was this one. He dropped back 62 times and if you add up all the seconds he had to throw for the whole game, you'd get a grand total of maybe 68 seconds to throw the ball. That's about one second per throw. Ridiculous. He should really be in traction by now.

The O line is horrid. I honestly believe I could get 5 guys from the first day of the "biggest loser" show and pay them $1000 each, and would stand there and get in the way longer then the 5 linemen we have now. Seriously. Free is exactly what his names says. Free run to the QB.

Communication..........
Romo looks like Mrs. Crabtree out there. Whaa, whaa, wha wha whaaa wha
a. Translation:" I have exactly two seconds to throw the ball guys, so run hot. Dez don't go deep. Beasley cross the safeties face." What do they do, run go routes. Beasley and Austion find the nearest safety or linebacker and run behind them. Seen it all year.

Turnovers, I have never seen a team fumble the ball so much in my life. I mean what the F.....k. How does that keep happening.

False starts. Now this is where my Pisstivity level reached the top. First and goal at the 6. Let me say that again. First and goal at the 6 friggen yard line. Down 20+ some odd points. Season on the line. False start. If I'm Garrett, I draw and drop him right there on the field. BOOM...........then i'd calmly raise two fingers and respectfully tell the rest of them, "on two fellas, on two". They wouldn't even question him or throw a flag as everyone would understand. They'd probably be shocked at seeing the guy dragged off the field shot but everyone would just shake their head in understanding and play ball.

No way that can happen as much as it does. Ridiculousness.

Where the hell is a screen pass. I mean what the hell is Garrett doing every week. Not one stinking screen pass. You'd think that if you can't stop the rush then maybe just maybe a screen might work. But NOOOOOoooo that would be to easy. Not in the game plan I guess.

Oh and I thought we moved up and got Claiborne for his ball skills. What ball skills. He doesn't even get near the ball. And what the hell was Carr doing looking over his left shoulder when the player was on his right and pinned on the sideline. Useless.

So with the season on the line, at home, against a sorry division rival, our so called good defense can't hold the juggernaut Redskins below 38 points. Nor can we run the football on a sorry D line or give our QB more then a second to throw the ball. 62 times folks. 7 rushes for 22 yards. Nuff said.

Well that's it. I hereby resign as the official Cowboys apologist. I can't do it anymore.

So here goes. THE COWBOYS SUCK! There I said it. They suck at home.They suck on the road. They suck during practice and for all I know they suck even when there's no one watching em suck. They suck at staying healthy. They even suck at trying to get healthy. They suck in the rain. They suck in the sunshine, and I'm pretty confident they even suck in the snow. Oh and by the looks of things they suck at drafting too.

I think the only thing they don't suck at is kicking field goals, and scrambling for more time.

2012 Cowboys, the year of suckage!

Now there are only eight players I would keep for next year. Slip, Ware, Lee, Carter, Smith, Claiborne, Carr and maybe Jenkins or Dez and maybe Spencer. The rest I would ball up into one big suckage ball and roll them into the suckage pit.

There, now I feel better. Now I can watch the rest of the season in peace.

Happy Thanksgiving All..............! I am thankful that can of whoop a$$ hit me up side my noggin and snapped me out of my delusion.

I think I will be able to spot the signs a bit better from now on.

FYI, As far as my Man Slip, I don't know very many QB's that could do what he does without getting killed. I would just love to see him with a line and any sort of running game..

I'll help you out. The Seahawks "took it too" the Cardinals. The Cowboys escaped from Cincy with an impressive victory against a solid team on the road.

Uhh no, The Seahawks "Gang Raped" the Cardnals.........In fact, I believe the 12th man even got a piece while the mascot got a reach around....

Uhh no, The Seahawks "Gang Raped" the Cardnals.........In fact, I believe the 12th man even got a piece while the mascot got a reach around....

I'll give you that. O.k., the Browns "took it to" the Chiefs.

As much as I try to see your points you greatly over exaggerate their injuries, talking about starters shuffling in and out at every position...gimme a break.

He over-exaggerates everything. I respect his passion, but, I wish he would just be real, and not going into schtick mode, over-doing every statement. I think the guy could actually talk rational football, if he stopped with his schtick. Oh well, not likely to happen any time soon.

Edited by Menudo

As much as I try to see your points you greatly over exaggerate their injuries, talking about starters shuffling in and out at every position...gimme a break.

Ok you say I'm exaggerating huh. Let's see:

1st game 3 plays in our starting Center goes out in comes Cook off the street. Meanwhile our draft picks Johnson, Coale and Mcsurdy are all out injured. Felix is just getting back from Shoulder and Ratliff is out with a leg.

By game 4 you have Coleman our starting DE and Spears his back up out. Replaced by Rookies S.Lissemore and Crawford.

Week 6 we lose Murray but Costa comes back.

Then we lose our starting safety Church IR and our starting LB Lee IR and our starting Center again Costa. IR

Then we lose Cook our backup center so Bernadeau moves from Guard to center.

Then we lose our other Starting LB Carter IR and our Starting End Coleman IR and his back up Bass IR and our punter Jones IR.

Ok now we sign Ernie Sims off the street to play inside linebacker with backup Conner.

Now we lose our starting slot corner Scandrick IR.

So here's the list of Players on IR

79 Bass, Ben DE 54 Carter, Bruce LB 42 Church, Barry S 99 Coleman, Kenyon DE 67 Costa, Phil C 6 Jones, Chris P 87 Kemp, Donavon WR 50 Lee, Sean LB 58 Lemon, Orie LB 56 McSurdy, Caleb LB 32

Scandrick, Orlando

81 Coale, Danny WR

37 Johnson, Matt S

Not to mention Austin missing 6 games, Witten paying the first three games with a ruptured spleen. Murray out for 6 games. Ogletree out for 2 games.

Thats 14 players on IR.

On offense when I say starters in and out i mean our starting WR Austin out 6 games, our Starting LT Smith out 2 games, Starting Guard Livings out 1 game, Felix out 2 games, Ogletree out 3 games and a host of others in and out.

So to summarize real quick for you.

On defense we have lost our TWO starting LB's, their backups, Starting Safety, Three Backup safeties, Starting DE, his backup DE, Starting Nose tackle, his backup, Starting Slot Corner

Also our Starting punter, Starting Center, and backup WR.

And for good measure after this weekend, we just lost our starting Nose tackle ( backup to ratliff) to jail and not to mention another backup in Jerry Brown god rest his soul.

Now today I watch Sims go down our starting LB and Claiborne our starting CB.

So here is what it looks like now on defense

Season Start....................vs.......................................................Now

DT 99 K.Coleman ....................................................... Crawford (rookie)

NT 92 J.Price-Brent LT.......................................................Calloway (off the street)

DT 97 J.Hatcher....................................................... Spears (old backup)

SLB 93 A.Spencer .......................................................SLB 93 A.Spencer

MLB 54 B.Carter.......................................................Sims (off the street)

WLB 50 S.Lee .......................................................Albright and Conner (rookie and free agent)

JLB 94 D.Ware .......................................................D.Ware

LCB 39 B.Carr .......................................................B.Carr

RCB 24 M.Claiborne....................................................... M.Claiborne

FS 43 G.Sensabaugh.......................................................G.Sensabaugh

SS 42 B.Church ....................................................... Frampton (off the street) was Mana Silva

SCB Scandrick ....................................................... Jenkins and Moore (Moore off the street) was LeQuan Lewis for 3 games

5 starters left of the original team and of them Sense and Claiborne have missed games and Ware and Spencer have missed time and are playing hurt. So when I say starters in and out that is what I mean. Ware sat out plays today and Spencer out for IV and retape of his knee and shoulder. Both are playing hurt as is Sense. Ware has no sacks in the last three games got his first today! I didn't even mention many of the players we had on the roster from off the street and let go because of other injuries and needed the roster spot.

So am I exaggerating?

Edited by Cowboyz1