[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bout them Cowboys

Cowboyz1

Every one of these threads started by Slips (stalker) #1 fan are like the movie groundhogs day... Rinse and Repeat

:rolleyes:

Only because everyone wants to argue with me about how my Cowboys went in to natty today and took care of business despite everything going against them. Also because no one wants to admit that Romo is playing is arse off while guys like Brees and Rodgers are stinken up the joint.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I'm sure many other teams have faced the same if not worse when it comes to injuries (the steelers come to mind), but I won't be researching this....the cowboys sing the same tune every year. Middle of the pack, while keeping fans like you clinging to the hope that "slip" has finally figured it out and will win this crucial game on the road, only to throw a horrendous pick and give you another kick in the nuts.

:lol: It is amazing how many of you cant resist responding in his threads every week. I enjoy responding in them because the main board is so dead now days that there are never any game threads anymore so its the only place to comment on the game. Most of the Boys fans are a little more level headed and realistic . As much as Romo has a history of choking , we would probably have 3-4 less wins without him. The guys is very elusive and creates something out of nothing a lot. The flip side to that is when you are gunslinging and not the best decision maker, your are gonna have more than your share of dagger turnovers.

I think this was a very solid win for Dallas. I have no illusions about this team but this was a satisfying win . Dallas has many needs. O Line is the most glaring and we desperately need a good safety too. It would be great if they snuck in the playoffs . Good for the team, good for the fans but they have a ton of work to do and they also need outside help. Its fun to still have something to root for down the stretch but it doesnt mask the fact that this is a marginal football team at best

Edited by whomper

If this were a pitty party for washed up teams and lame duck coaches,

Actually, it should be...but you're too delusional to acknowledge it :lol::lol:

By the way, it was pretty impressive how those Eagles, without their QB, WR, RB, FB, LT, RT, RG, OLB, and FS "took it to" the Bucs yesterday. Man, they demolished them...almost Cowboys-esque :rofl:

It would be great if they snuck in the playoffs . Good for the team, good for the fans

you sure about that? To me it would only cement Jerry Jone's assertion that he can maintain the role as GM. You guys need to suck...and suck BAD for 2-3 years for it to become clear to the man that he has no business being the decision maker.

Uh, FG as time expires is "taking it to the Bengals"?

:lol:

Delusional much?

My thoughts exactly, I didn't see the game but the result and box score didn't look like they took it to anybody. Seahawks took it to Cardinals, heck Browns even took it to the Chiefs. (And while 3 in a row is nice, I'm not crowing about that.)

Seeing the OPs defense later of "taking it" to another team means, he clearly has made up his own definition.

Only because everyone wants to argue with me about how my Cowboys went in to natty today and took care of business despite everything going against them. Also because no one wants to admit that Romo is playing is arse off while guys like Brees and Rodgers are stinken up the joint.

No its because every one of your threads is totally over the top usually praising (but occassionally negative) the team for gutting out some great victory. In this case you use the phrase "took it to" which implies you trounced and soundly beat the other team. Winning on a FG as time expires after being down by 9 in the 4th quarter does not qualify.

Your litany of injuries is interesting, but how many players were you missing when the first game was played? I know for the Browns there were at least 2 starters on defense that were out that week, I'm sure other teams lost players to injuries as well. I'll admit that the Cowboys (Eagles and a few others) have been decimated on OL and that can have a huge impact

you sure about that? To me it would only cement Jerry Jone's assertion that he can maintain the role as GM. You guys need to suck...and suck BAD for 2-3 years for it to become clear to the man that he has no business being the decision maker.

They may need to actually lose money before JJ realized he need to step down as GM. Would the fans stop coming if they went 4-12 for a few years?

As an eagles fan it was nice to see foles and the team win that game and finally end that losing streak. But at the same time if they finish strong it may prevent them from changing directions as an organization and a team which in my opinion needs to happen.

Exact same thing I said to my buddies yesterday as they were cheering a Charger win. I said "Ya know, this is where we were at last year as well and look what happened"...they promptly shut up. I don't wanna be a scrooge here, but cmon. I want Smith and Norv out in the worst possible way.

Hate to root against your own team, but a few wins to end the season can give a sense of false hope to the fans and the decision makers. While I don't think that will happen in Philly, crazier things have happened. And with Reid canning some coaches and releasing players like babin, makes you wonder if he will be back.

I got accused of "weak sauce" when I said essentially the same thing....that the Eagles being 3-9 forces us to face the realization that we need to start over. Going 8-8 or 9-7 sometimes offers a glimmer of hope...and its usually false hope for teams led by morons like Jones, and QB'd by guys like Romo that will never lead their teams to championships.

But hey, more power to them...if they think that going 9-7 or 10-6 every year and losing in the 1st or 2nd round is cool, and enjoying "satisfying" wins over 3-9 teams is the goal...then mission accomplished. It bodes well for the NFC East if there is a team and fan base that thinks 8-8 is acceptible.

I got accused of "weak sauce" when I said essentially the same thing....that the Eagles being 3-9 forces us to face the realization that we need to start over. Going 8-8 or 9-7 sometimes offers a glimmer of hope...and its usually false hope for teams led by morons like Jones, and QB'd by guys like Romo that will never lead their teams to championships.

But hey, more power to them...if they think that going 9-7 or 10-6 every year and losing in the 1st or 2nd round is cool, and enjoying "satisfying" wins over 3-9 teams is the goal...then mission accomplished. It bodes well for the NFC East if there is a team and fan base that thinks 8-8 is acceptible.

If you ask any fan , I guess with the exception of you of course, if they either want or dont want their team to make the playoffs. Ill venture to say a majority would say that they would prefer making the playoffs. Right now the Cowboys have a slim chance at making the playoffs and something to play for. Why wouldnt any fan be interested and pulling for that ? I dont expect Dallas to win the superbowl this year and even the playoffs is pretty slim but I sure as hell am gonna root for them to win every week to have a shot.

If you ask any fan , I guess with the exception of you of course, if they either want or dont want their team to make the playoffs. Ill venture to say a majority would say that they would prefer making the playoffs. Right now the Cowboys have a slim chance at making the playoffs and something to play for. Why wouldnt any fan be interested and pulling for that ? I dont expect Dallas to win the superbowl this year and even the playoffs is pretty slim but I sure as hell am gonna root for them to win every week to have a shot.

Understand completely. And as much as I hate doing it, I'm rooting for the Chargers to lose every game the rest of the way. Of course I'll cheer when they score and deep down inside I'll be glued to the t.v. But in my heart of hearts, I know the current GM and HC is not the direction the Chargers should stick with. And last year, they were on the verge of firing both and then the Chargers had a late run and made everything seem rosey. What did Spanos do? He kept them on another year. I fear that happens again this year so, with deep regret, I'm hoping they get the snot kicked out of them.

He slips out of tackles, slips the ball down field and slips into the endzone, so we can slip out of Cincy with a win. while on occasion slipping up trying to slip one down field between defenders. When he was a rookie he slipped up on the snap and cost us a game that would have let us slip into the second round of the playoffs.

All in all, Romo is as about as slippery a QB as you'll see. You won't see another QB find ways to slip sacks, while keeping his eyes down field and making big plays. In doing so he does on occassion slip up and fumble. However, more often then not he slips woodbe tacklers and finds his targets down field or like against the Rams turns a bad snap into a first down.

Thus Slip.

Interesting...I always thought it referred to what he wears under his dress.

• Like 1

Please explain to me what you mean by "face the realization that we need to start over" because I don't know exactly what you mean. Do you mean if Philly loses out they're going to dump all the overpaid underachieving players on the team? Because if that's the case how many players we talkin' here? TIA

Not sure anyone ever posted here that 8-8 was acceptable as a fan of any team. Link?

Truth be told if 8-8 gets you in the playoffs, you get some players healthy and catch fire I guess 8-8 is acceptable, ask the NYG fans.

And if you think losing out is good for Philly, by all means root against them every sunday. I'll root for my team every week to win

from what I've seen of JJ, they could go 1-15 every year and he's not going to change. What have you EVER seen from him that leads you to believe differently? He is what he is

from what I've seen of JJ, they could go 1-15 every year and he's not going to change. What have you EVER seen from him that leads you to believe differently? He is what he is

I know. He's still going off those SB wins. We like to call that: "Chasing the Dragon". Somebody needs to remind him that was a LOOOOOONG time ago.

and QB'd by guys like Romo that will never lead their teams to championships.

I've never said Romo is Montana. Ever.

I've heard guys recently like Polian and Billick interviewed on ESPN saying that if Dallas cut Romo there'd be alot of teams interested in him being their starting QB, but I guess you know more about the NFL than they do

I know. He's still going off those SB wins. We like to call that: "Chasing the Dragon". Somebody needs to remind him that was a LOOOOOONG time ago.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong. But what do you suggest Dallas fans do about it? Me, I'll be on my couch rooting for them every sunday. But I have no expectations of them making the playoffs this season let alone winning a playoff game.

If they do, even better :shrug:

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong. But what do you suggest Dallas fans do about it? Me, I'll be on my couch rooting for them every sunday. But I have no expectations of them making the playoffs this season let alone winning a playoff game.

If they do, even better :shrug:

As you can see by my earlier post, its tearing my heart out rooting against the Chargers. And I completely understand rooting for your team no matter what. I just can't stomach the poor management this team has seen since Norv has taken over. It's taken this long to get Spano's attention that he is not the man for the job. But...like last year, there is still a slim chance we make the playoffs as a wild card. Has to do something with Cinci losing every game and us winning every game. Man, as much as I would LOVE to see the Chargers make the playoffs, we all know what that would mean. Another year of meritocracy with P.Manning now in charge of the division, poor draft picks and looking at that f*cking face of Norv every damn weekend. I just can't do it anymore. I want them to lose...hell I want a SEATTLE ASS Kicking every week until seasons end. SHIP THOSE 2 PIECES OF CHIT OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!!

Edited by tazinib1

How much is that really saying though? The quality of qb in the nfl can be pretty awful for some teams. Look at Arizona. Saying a lot of teams would want romo isn't much to brag about

I heard from a little bird that Vince Young has thrown his hat into the Arizona QB carrousel.

I believe your Eagles are playing possum. They play dead at home and get killed on the road!

You know what Swamm, as much as it pains me to say it. You and I are a lot a like. Your trying desperately to find a silver lining for your sorry Eagles while I am doing the same by celebrating the fact that we went on the road and beat Cincy even though deep down I know we have little chance of going anywhere this year.

Main difference is that the Cowboys actually have a "little chance" and have a good group of guys when healthy. Where as the Eagles may as well sleep in for the next few years.

If they dump all that fat you speak of, the cap is going to crush them. If they keep the bums the Cowboys, Skins, and Giants are going to crush them. Either way your screwed.

Edited by Cowboyz1