[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SAINTS PLAY CALLING

Gourdeau

It also seems like they should try to get into a consistent rhythm with keeping similar guys on offense but instead they rotate 4 RB's plus FB's plus about 6 WR's and have a new set every snap.

They've always done that. It's specifically designed to keep the defense off balance, but it doesn't work when the offense is not balanced.

They've always done that. It's specifically designed to keep the defense off balance, but it doesn't work when the offense is not balanced.

Shouldn't they focus on balancing themselves first? Especially this year since their defense can't do anything? It seems like all they hope to do is try and score in 5 plays or less or punt. Why not get some balance and consistency.

Shouldn't they focus on balancing themselves first? Especially this year since their defense can't do anything? It seems like all they hope to do is try and score in 5 plays or less or punt. Why not get some balance and consistency.

Preaching to the choir.

They had a couple/few drives where they mixed it up nicely, but I agree that the play-calling did get stale. They miss Payton big time.

Yep

Vitt is a great coach, a great motivator & man I love his interviews but he's not a play caller and Carmichael is certainly no Sean Payton.

Am I mistaken or have the Saints been calling more run plays? In recent games that I have watched, it feels like they are running just to make the point that they want to run the ball more. In the past, it would have been a quick slant to convert a 3rd and two, but now its a run between the tackles, with a lot less success. Letting Brees carry the team has been the underlying theme to this offense for years and has been very successful. Why would they try to change that when they don't have a back who is up to the task?

I have not looked at it statistically, but that is just how it seems watching the games.

Am I mistaken or have the Saints been calling more run plays? In recent games that I have watched, it feels like they are running just to make the point that they want to run the ball more. In the past, it would have been a quick slant to convert a 3rd and two, but now its a run between the tackles, with a lot less success. Letting Brees carry the team has been the underlying theme to this offense for years and has been very successful. Why would they try to change that when they don't have a back who is up to the task?

I have not looked at it statistically, but that is just how it seems watching the games.

They have been running more & doing so with some success, but they never stick with it even when it's working. They never rely on it to win games, only use it to set up the pass and/or big play down field.

They haven't given a back the opportunity to show they are up to the task. Chris Ivory I am certain could be a thousand yard, 6-8 TD guy if he was given a full work load and he isn't even in their mess of a rotation when all are healthy. Ingram is one of those back that gets better as the game goes and the more touches he gets, but he is never afforded the chance to carry more than 5-8 times in a game.

They haven't given a back the opportunity to show they are up to the task. Chris Ivory I am certain could be a thousand yard, 6-8 TD guy if he was given a full work load and he isn't even in their mess of a rotation when all are healthy. Ingram is one of those back that gets better as the game goes and the more touches he gets, but he is never afforded the chance to carry more than 5-8 times in a game.

That's true. They are probably the most extreme case of RBBC in the league.