[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez Bryant might be out for remainder of the year

cincy slammers

Yeah not sure why people still think the Steelers D is elite (or even "somewhat stellar").

Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that they entered last week as the #1 ranked overall defense, #1 ranked pass defense & #4 ranked rush defense :shrug:

They had a bad game, but, a lot of it was due to the offense doing nothing and giving the Chargers great field position the entire first half.

Even after that game, here is where they rank:

Total Defense: #1

Passing Defense: #1

Rushing Yards: #5

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense

Edited by Menudo

Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that they entered last week as the #1 ranked overall defense, #1 ranked pass defense & #4 ranked rush defense :shrug:

They had a bad game, but, a lot of it was due to the offense doing nothing and giving the Chargers great field position the entire first half.

Even after that game, here is where they rank:

Total Defense: #1

Passing Defense: #1

Rushing Yards: #5

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

I'm shocked that they rank that high, because when I've seen them play they don't look that good (not top 5 or even 10). I did notice that they're #7 in points, a dip down from #1 in yards. And yes I know that Polamalu has been out almost all year.

Interesting tidbit from that chart, CLE is #9 in points, but #23 in yards, a serious case of bend don't break

I'm shocked that they rank that high, because when I've seen them play they don't look that good (not top 5 or even 10). I did notice that they're #7 in points, a dip down from #1 in yards. And yes I know that Polamalu has been out almost all year.

Interesting tidbit from that chart, CLE is #9 in points, but #23 in yards, a serious case of bend don't break

What makes the Steelers defense even more impressive and the reason they are 7th in points is that the offense has been awful lately. They put up some garbage time points/yards this week, but, couldn't get a first down in the first half. They have been terrible and the defense has kept them in and won games for them. All of this has been without Polamalu for most of the year, and Woodley and Taylor missing time as well.

i'm rollin with dez today but i'm worried he might get pulled if the cowboys happen to get a big lead in the first half.

I wouldnt worry about that too much. I think this is going to be a gritty close game

i'm rollin with dez today but i'm worried he might get pulled if the cowboys happen to get a big lead in the first half.

I've benched him for Crabtree. Dez is facing the #1 passing D and could leave the game at any time. Crabtree is facing the #29 passing D and the 49ers will have to throw to try to keep up.

Dez obviously has more potential upside but at this point the risk is way too great for me.