[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What blew up in your face...

Grogansghost

waiting too long to draft rb2 in my main local. I suffered all year trying to fill in rb2 because i WAITED TOO LONG AT THE DRAFT AND IT WAS A VERY SCARCE RB POOL THIS YEAR . oops sorry for caps

Can't say either really blew up in my face, but my middle round selections of Brandon Lloyd (WR2) and Darren Sproles (RB2) haven't panned out as well as I had thought they would. It's a PPR league so Sproles has been serviceable, even great a couple of weeks, but despite Brees continuing to put up good numbers, I've found Sproles to be somewhat erratic & unreliable. Lloyd, well everyone knows that story.

Planned to take Luck or RG3 with my 10/7 pick in a ten teamer, but as it got to me I reached for Rashad Jennings when all of my sleeper RB were being sniped (this whas while MJD was still deep in his holdout). Figured I could get one or the other on the way back @ 11/4 and both were gone.

I've survived quite well with Brady, but those 2 were targeted with keeper in mind. We keep 1 player, drafted Rd 6 or later, and they have to stay on your roster for the whole season. Either of those 2 would be a lock for my keeper next year, that's what has me mad... especially when I never even used Jennings. MJD was in the mix week 1 and I didn't trust him.

Edited by MnLefty

Thinking Rivers would return to his old self, and that Fitz and Calvin would continue to be studs. Calvin certainly has come on as of late, but started slow (low TDs we get no PPR, so his first half wasn't great) but Fitz has been terrible, especially down the stretch.

Relatively high pick on Gates when a flex RB would have been so much better. I think overall TE position did not live up to the hype. Not much consistency in that position and with the exception of 2 or 3 TE's very unpredictable. Nicks was another high draft pick that didn't pan out.

Edited by Scorcher

Drafting Romo, Sproles, Hernandez and Culter in the 1st seven rds. I also drafted Hunter and Tate in the late rds and either came close to the projections I was hoping. Started 0-3 but was able to trade Romo, Sproles and Hernandez for Peyton [plus some scrubs] and went on a 6 game winning streak.

Thought I had the SOD with Ryan Williams...

This, but given where I took him (pick 54), I can't say that killed me. Honestly, the only really bad draft picks I had in any of my drafts were Larry Fitz at 13 in one and Matt Stafford at 15 in another.

The reason why I'm only in the mix in 2 of my 5 leagues, is largely due to a combination of really bad start/sit management (in one league in particular, it was uncanny. I'd literally go ofer on every toss-up and a few weeks would have won had I'd only gotten one of my choices right) and a little bad luck.

Another owner going back on his verbal agreement to trade me RG III and then, instead trading him & Alfred Morris to my division rival because "I don't want to trade RG III to the person who I see as my competition in the playoffs." Guess who he will be playing if he can make it past this week.

I thought I was set with Kevin Smith as my RB2/Flex. After the first game of the year I looked like a genius. But then I got a nasty case of the Schwartz....

I had that one blow up in my face too. Didn't think I was getting the steal of the draft or anything - but someone who could be an occasional flex on the cheap. He just disappeared after that first week.

I drafted Vick late thinking it was a steal. He basically lost me three games by himself. I had to drop him for Freeman. I lost my three games by 10 poins or less. If it was not for Vick I might have went undfeated this year.

Did you look at how Freeman started the year? If you're implying that he would have won you games early on that Vick was losing for you, you may be mistaken. I had Freeman in a 2 QB league and he was pretty mediocre until after his bye. In fact, he only had one week after his bye that was lower than any of the 4 weeks before it.

On draft day, I believed Mark Ingram would be much more reliable and productive than he has proven to be. Intent was to use either McGahee or Ingram as RB2 (to Ray Rice as RB1) . Was working ok until McGahee got hurt. Been really struggling to get any reliable production out of RB2 since. And speaking of McGahee, probably the biggest gaffe I made once the season was going was having Lance Ball higher in my bidding order than Knowshow Moreno the week after McGahee was injured :bag: I won Ball and then watched in disbelief as Moreno (still a FA at that point) got the start and bulk of the work while Ball got nada. By the next week's bidding, the cat was out of the bag on Moreno and I was outbid.

Did you look at how Freeman started the year? If you're implying that he would have won you games early on that Vick was losing for you, you may be mistaken. I had Freeman in a 2 QB league and he was pretty mediocre until after his bye. In fact, he only had one week after his bye that was lower than any of the 4 weeks before it.

Not necessary Freeman but maybe another QB. Vick was getting me close to zero and negitive points.

This, but given where I took him (pick 54), I can't say that killed me. Honestly, the only really bad draft picks I had in any of my drafts were Larry Fitz at 13 in one and Matt Stafford at 15 in another.

The reason why I'm only in the mix in 2 of my 5 leagues, is largely due to a combination of really bad start/sit management (in one league in particular, it was uncanny. I'd literally go ofer on every toss-up and a few weeks would have won had I'd only gotten one of my choices right) and a little bad luck.

Not Ryan Mathews...Williams. The ARI RB