[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Team Meltdowns in NFL history

Cowboyz1

Worst team meltdowns in history

1. Eagles 2012

2. Colts (although seemingly on purpose.) 2011

Saints (losing coaches and players to scandal) maybe somewhere on the list

I can't recall seeing a more highly touted team starting the year and ending it in such bad shape. Any others that I havent thought of?

dejavu, didn't I just read this in another thread.

I'd say the Cardinals starting 4-0 then losing their next 9 (some very badly) is a pretty big meltdown.

Also don't recall reading people talking about the Eagles as SB contenders this year.

I did. The NFL network all picked them to be the winners of the East and many picked them to be in the Championship. Many sites had them winning the East and going deep in the playoffs. I recall many here had the Eagles winning the East.

THURSDAY AFC East winner

AFC North winner

AFC South winner

AFC West winner

AFC wild cards

NFC East winner

Edited by Cowboyz1

On the other hand, perhaps the Eagles just weren't that good and the "experts" were just too inclined to look at their skill positions and ignore the fact that they couldn't block anyone. Then, their crappy O-line just got worse each week with mounting injuries.

• Like 1

I did. The NFL network all picked them to be the winners of the East and many picked them to be in the Championship. Many sites had them winning the East and going deep in the playoffs. I recall many here had the Eagles winning the East.

Yeah, I guess I just don't listen to the majority of the blowhards so it doesn't register for me. Every team in the NFC East is considered a contender for the last 5 years or more, except for WAS, and now that may be changing.

I know this is all really just a PHI vs. DAL pissing match, but I neer considered the Eagles the favore, NYG were still the best team in NFCE to me.

I think these 2 rate on this list somewhere.

The 2009 Broncos opened the season at 6-0, but then went 2-8 over their final 10 games to finish at .500 (McDaniels 1st year as HC). The 2009 Broncos and the 2003 Vikings are the only two teams in the past 20 years to start out a season 6-0 and not make the playoffs.

Or, the 2008 Broncos, who lost their last 3 regular-season games to Carolina, Buffalo and San Diego, to end up at 8-8, tied with San Diego, but losing the Division to SD (Shanahan's last year as HC).

-Atlanta seems to have playoff meltdowns in recent years, look great in regular season.

-Long term meltdown would be the Dallas Cowboys since the Jimmy Johnson era

This - they've done less with more(perceived) talent. A slow meltdown of glacier proportions that only Jerra could orchestrate.

Way to start yet another thread for your sole benefit of screaming from the rooftop the Eagles suck :coach:

I think you should just start say 20 or so threads with the title "Eagles Suck" and then inside "That is All"

That'll show em :razz:

Ok. Eagles Suck

That is all.........

I remember my Dolphins starting of 9-1 and finishing 9-7 . It was the year when they played Dallas on Thanksgiving and Leon Lett's famous touch of the football which gave Miami another shot at the fg which they made and won the game their last win of the year.