[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Connecticut school shooting

Caveman_Nick

If attacking a classroom full of little kids is not the most despicable, chicken-chit cowardly thing a person can do on this earth, I dont know what is.

I hope hell is extra hot for that POS and anyone who may have helped him.

Pretty much my feelings as well. There are no words to describe that POS. The last time I remember feeling this helpless and/or vulnerable, in response to a world event, was probably 9/11.

The guy killed 20 or so kids between 5 and 10 execution style. This is the one of the most sickening, disturbing actions I've ever heard of. I'm pretty overcome today with sorrow for these poor children and their parents.

I remember Columbine and VA Tech, and I remember the sickening feelings and grief thinking of those victims and their families. In this case, the school is only 15 minutes from home and we're still waiting word on a friend with 2 kids in the school. In some ways, it feels like the towers all over again, yet even worse when you're talking about an entire kindergarten class. You just don't know what to say or do.

The guy killed 20 or so kids between 5 and 10 execution style. This is the one of the most sickening, disturbing actions I've ever heard of. I'm pretty overcome today with sorrow for these poor children and their parents.

I was already sick and had a feeling of hopelessness with this terrible event. Please tell me that the "execution style" is not true. Isnt that point blank at the head? Jesssus H Xhrist. If that is true, I really am even more lost at what kind of human being this was, or if he is truly a human being. There is no punishment harsh enough for this. I think the death penalty is too easy. May justice find a way to get him to the harshest prison and hopefully the harshest inmates to take the most heinous torture to this guy.

I will now go weep privately for those innocent children and the teachers who gave their lives while on duty.

I was already sick and had a feeling of hopelessness with this terrible event. Please tell me that the "execution style" is not true. Isnt that point blank at the head? Jesssus H Xhrist. If that is true, I really am even more lost at what kind of human being this was, or if he is truly a human being. There is no punishment harsh enough for this. I think the death penalty is too easy. May justice find a way to get him to the harshest prison and hopefully the harshest inmates to take the most heinous torture to this guy.

I will now go weep privately for those innocent children and the teachers who gave their lives while on duty.

the shooter shot himself (took the easy way out)

It is absolutely terrifying to me to think there are individuals capable of such atrocities living feely among us in society. I would think an individual twisted enough (to carry something like that out) would be in treatment/containment somewhere. I want to believe there would be outward signs, indicators, red flags, etc before they did something so devastating. More and more, though, it seems these kind of horrific events are being perpetrated by individuals who (though clearly having mental health issues) were not seen as such an imminent threat that they were put into some kind of program or facility. Its frightening that there are not more warning signs that someone is about to go from being just a little "odd" or "off" (perhaps even needing some therapy/meds) to brutally violent on a staggering level. We hear about people just "snapping", but often it seems there is planning/calculation that leads up to these shootings. Very difficult to comprehend...

My heart breaks for those who had their lives taken from them and for their friends and family who are now grieving the loss of loved ones. I can not imagine what those folks are going through :(

Edited by Delicious_bass

I remember Columbine and VA Tech, and I remember the sickening feelings and grief thinking of those victims and their families. In this case, the school is only 15 minutes from home and we're still waiting word on a friend with 2 kids in the school. In some ways, it feels like the towers all over again, yet even worse when you're talking about an entire kindergarten class. You just don't know what to say or do.

Hey Junkyard, any word from your friend with kids in the school ? Prayers go out to all of the people in the community.

Thank you for asking... that was very kind. While we were thrilled to find out Sunday that her kids were safe, that was followed quickly with terrible news. I received a note that a former colleague and wife did lose their son, Jack, in the tragedy. After working closely for a couple of years with this person, we kind of drifted apart over the past few years with job changes and just moving on in life. I knew he and his wife had a child, but no idea he had moved to Sandy Hook.

Funeral was yesterday, but I decided not to attend. With so many people and mobs of media, I just felt it would be better to reach out afterward.

Everyone - Please keep all the families and the entire community in your prayers.

Thank you for asking... that was very kind. While we were thrilled to find out Sunday that her kids were safe, that was followed quickly with terrible news. I received a note that a former colleague and wife did lose their son, Jack, in the tragedy. After working closely for a couple of years with this person, we kind of drifted apart over the past few years with job changes and just moving on in life. I knew he and his wife had a child, but no idea he had moved to Sandy Hook.

Funeral was yesterday, but I decided not to attend. With so many people and mobs of media, I just felt it would be better to reach out afterward.

Everyone - Please keep all the families and the entire community in your prayers.

:(

Sorry to hear that Junkyard. Prayers are sent to everyone there.

:(:(

+1

My prayers are with them. Just unimaginable