[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Connecticut school shooting

Caveman_Nick

Thank you for asking... that was very kind. While we were thrilled to find out Sunday that her kids were safe, that was followed quickly with terrible news. I received a note that a former colleague and wife did lose their son, Jack, in the tragedy. After working closely for a couple of years with this person, we kind of drifted apart over the past few years with job changes and just moving on in life. I knew he and his wife had a child, but no idea he had moved to Sandy Hook.

Funeral was yesterday, but I decided not to attend. With so many people and mobs of media, I just felt it would be better to reach out afterward.

Everyone - Please keep all the families and the entire community in your prayers.

I swore I'd never be back here, but I had to reach out and offer my condolences to you and your friends. Unimaginable heartbreak.

You guys are the greatest. Thanks. In a real classy move, Victor Cruz visited with the family yeterday. Apparently, he was Jack's favorite player, and he was buried in a Cruz jersey. That led to some flag football on the front lawn with the neighborhood kids. And for a short while, some smiles and laughter.

Of course a long road to recovery (if it's even possible to get there), but I hoping this is one small step along the way for everyone.

You guys are the greatest. Thanks. In a real classy move, Victor Cruz visited with the family yeterday. Apparently, he was Jack's favorite player, and he was buried in a Cruz jersey. That led to some flag football on the front lawn with the neighborhood kids. And for a short while, some smiles and laughter.

Of course a long road to recovery (if it's even possible to get there), but I hoping this is one small step along the way for everyone.

Oh wow, that was the kid you were talking about. You mentioned not going to the funeral and reaching out afterward when things calm down some. From my experience (when my parents passed) that is when you need more friends, a few weeks later when everybody else has moved on.

Thoughts and prayers still going out to all those affected by this tragedy.