[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots/niners

Joebirds55

Threads like this remind me of why it seems so silly not to reward players with every sort of TD they get credit for. Not only does it make for easier rulings, it just makes sense.

In the game of football, you want to score points. If you do so in the act of doing what you normally do, great. If you do so because of some fluky stuff, also great. I have no idea why people feel the need to complicate FF by making different rules for this.

Hell, it also makes things more interesting because position players who also return kicks become more valuable.

Oh, and WHAT A FREAKING GAME! Man, I thought we had that thing in the bag and then was just as certain, after we choked away that lead to, of all teams, a team like NE who is known for just cutting your heart out and pissing on it, that I was in for a gut-wrenching loss.

Glad that didn't happen.

Threads like this remind me of why it seems so silly not to reward players with every sort of TD they get credit for. Not only does it make for easier rulings, it just makes sense.

In the game of football, you want to score points. If you do so in the act of doing what you normally do, great. If you do so because of some fluky stuff, also great. I have no idea why people feel the need to complicate FF by making different rules for this.

Hell, it also makes things more interesting because position players who also return kicks become more valuable.

Oh, and WHAT A FREAKING GAME! Man, I thought we had that thing in the bag and then was just as certain, after we choked away that lead to, of all teams, a team like NE who is known for just cutting your heart out and pissing on it, that I was in for a gut-wrenching loss.

Glad that didn't happen.

Going in to last night I wrote in that match up, in pencil , as a super bowl preview. If it does in fact end up that way and the game is as exciting as last nights game it will make for an awesome sb for a person that doesnt have a pony in the race or a niners fan.

It reminded me of the 2nd Cowboys /Giants game as far as the Pats. The Boys were getting spanked early , crawled all the way back, then ended up losing anyway. Its pretty deflating but at least shows the Pats Character. It was really a great game

Agreed, doesn't get much better than last night. I'd actually been getting burnt out on all the crappy night games, but last night felt like a playoff game where you didn't want to miss a minute of it.

I'll be the first to eat crow on doubting Harbaugh's decision to switch to Kaepernick so late in the season. Alex Smith might not have "lost" the job, but he isn't putting up 4 TDs and 38 points to go toe to toe with the Pats.

Obviously Harbaugh sees what most do, that in today's NFL, you aren't going to consistently go deep in the playoffs without being able to keep up with the high-octane offenses.... As a Falcon fan I know this all to well...

I agree with you.

The problem is that 'default' setting would typically not reward individual players for TDs that aren't a rush, reception, or pass. You need to actively change settings to reward players for recoveries, returns, etc

I agree with you.

The problem is that 'default' setting would typically not reward individual players for TDs that aren't a rush, reception, or pass. You need to actively change settings to reward players for recoveries, returns, etc

I've run leagues on plenty of sites and never had a problem with setting up the scoring to reward all TDs scored by individual players.

Now, I have had problems convincing people it should be that way, most notably because they didn't want to "double dip" returns and reward both whomever started the D and whomever started the player, especially if it happened to be the same owner. However, I never bought into that being anything to worry about.

I've run leagues on plenty of sites and never had a problem with setting up the scoring to reward all TDs scored by individual players.

I'm not suggesting it isn't easy to do. It is easy. What I'm saying is that it's rarely covered by 'default' settings, so commissioners need to change the settings to accommodate it. Many don't think about it until something like the Gore play happens.

Check your league settings. That's what will decide it. This isn't an unusual play - happens a few times each season.

Yep and every season the discussion is the same from people who don't understand why it isn't a score "because every time my player gets in the EZ with the ball it should be points for me."

I hadn't read this thread so I wasn't aware it was being discussed here and started a separate thread about it.