[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cobb Fumble

LbNiners

was listening to fantasy radio today and a caller made a very good point about Cobb's special team fumble. To those who had him did the fumble go against Cobb or not? I ask because I'm only down .8 facing a guy with Cobb and that fumble went against Cobb, so instead of 11 pts he only has 9. I still have Tenn D going tonight and worse case scenario is if I get only 1 pt and the Cobb fumble is adjusted and I get a sad surprise.....thoughts on this?

League services (ie Yahoo, ESPN, MFL, etc.) would take the point from him if the scoring system is set up as such because the stats do not differentiate when a particular act happened, thus the stats only show that Cobb had a lost fumble, not that he had a lost fumble while performing a special teams play. If the league believes he should not lose the point for this, the commish could make a manual adjustment to the scoring.

IIRC, there was a similar thread earlier this season about this. The tough part of the debate is that because the stats do not differentiate, one would have to theoretically monitor every single play to determine if the stats should be applied or manaully adjusted (especially for those in leagues that do not award special teams points to individual players, as the logical corollary to that is that the individual player also should not lose points for acts done on special teams).

Tricky situation with no clear cut definition of how the scoring shold be applied.

Are you saying it would go as a fumble lost for those who have gb d/st?

I wasn't suggesting that, I'm asking how does your league count that fumble? Mine took 2pts from Cobb for it, the caller on the radio is suggesting that it shouldn't couldn't against Cobb rather just a lost fumble by the team in general.

I wasn't suggesting that, I'm asking how does your league count that fumble? Mine took 2pts from Cobb for it, the caller on the radio is suggesting that it shouldn't couldn't against Cobb rather just a lost fumble by the team in general.

The fumble is charged to the last player to control the ball, in this case Cobb. Only exception to this is a botched snap in which the fumble is charged to who was supposed to receive the snap.

I am on CBS and my league has it scored as a fumble for Cobb. But I agree w the above point about special teams scoring vs offensive. If a player can't be rewarded w a kick/punt return td why are they punished during a special teams play? Makes sense. My opponent has Cobb and I need a big game from the jets d so I'm banking on this being upheld. Those two points if added to his score would be big