[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shiva Bowl Strategy

hornsphan

My team is in my sig....

Cam has brought me here.....but my opponent is starting Dez and DeMarco.

Do I start Romo vs NO to offset any Dez TDs and possible Demarco catches....or do I start Cam vs OAK?

thoughts?

My opponent's starting line up:

Peyton

DeMarco

Cruz

AJ Green

Dez

Crabtree

Finley

Hartley

Packers

Look at it this way Romo can throw for 300 yards and get you 12 pts, say he throws half of that to Bryant and Murray that's 15 points against Romo's 12, +3 Dez/Murray. As for TD's that's a different story too much can go either way if Romo throws three TD's two to Dez. you only come out with +6 pts after the wash of Dez/Romo connection and Newton throws three but probably adds 40-50 yards rushing. So your up on the potential rushing yardage on Newton. Basically go with what got you there with Newton and hope Romo does not target Dez or Murray that much the upside is Newton.

Saints Def - last 3 weeks

• Week 13 - Saints held Matt Ryan to 165 yds and 1 TD.
  • Week 14 - Eli Manning racked up 259 yds, 4 TD's and 2 INT's - This one is the exception, where the Saints fell back into their awful selves, which makes me think Romo could excel.
  • Week 15 - Racked up 4 INT's against Josh Freeman and shut down the Bucs for zero points.

Raiders Def - last 3 weeks

• Week 13 - Bradon Weeden racked up 364 yds, 1 TD and 2 INT's
  • Week 14 - Peyton Manning had 310 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT - Raiders lost the game cause rushers did the job.
  • Week 15 - Brady Quin had 136 yds and 1 INT - Raiders shut out the Chiefs, but can you really credit the defense?

Conclusion

I like them both. My one fear with Cam Newton is that the running game may do the job, so the passing does not have to. Lately, Newton has not been rushing for TD's as much as yielding to his RB's so it could be a big day for DeAngelo Williams and Mike Tolbert, or Newton could still get his.

Based on how well Eli did against the Saints in Week 14, I like Romo to possibly do the same, but I will admit that I'm a little more nervous, but it is a must-win game for the Cowboys.

Honestly, I'm at a draw here, but I think I like Newton's matchup slightly better, so I lean towards Newton, but I could see Romo's late game heroics coming through big. In fact, I like Romo's upside even more because I think Newton will need to do less for his team to win; however, the Panthers's D has been very good as of late; therefore they will probably get Newton the ball even more, whereas Brees and company may hold more possession time limiting Romo's chances.

Go with Newton.

Edited by electricrelish

I have a similar problem:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/394681-cam-or-rg-iii/

For you, I would suggest Cam. You never know when Romo will go back to his old self, and he's running Manning, who will get 14-24 points for sure, while Romo could be 10-30, and Cam is likely to be 16-30. So I see a similar ceiling in terms of fantasy points, but Cam isn't going to screw you over like Romo could.

I have a similar problem:

http://forums.thehud...-cam-or-rg-iii/

For you, I would suggest Cam. You never know when Romo will go back to his old self, and he's running Manning, who will get 14-24 points for sure, while Romo could be 10-30, and Cam is likely to be 16-30. So I see a similar ceiling in terms of fantasy points, but Cam isn't going to screw you over like Romo could.

I agree. The margin for error is greater with Romo this week. Cam is the safer play and offers just as much upside.