[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday Game...

FWmaker

Did anybody really miss it? I was actually kinda glad there wasn't a game on.

I did not care for it. You have to make decisions on starting with incomplete informations. The THU game players have little practice/healing time so they are always harder to call and you may not have enough info yet to make a decision on Player A who plays on SUN and has only practiced one day and yet your other option is player B who is a THU game so you have to either go ahead and use him or take a risk on what develops with Player A.

I like it all happening on SUN and then the one MNF. The rest just rushes things too much.

moving it to sat night might not be a bad idea. i'm sure there's some reason why that won't happen though, either money or something else.

No Saturday games until the college regular season is over. A long-standing rule not to compete with them. Same reason for no Friday games with High School games going on.

I did not care for it. You have to make decisions on starting with incomplete informations. The THU game players have little practice/healing time so they are always harder to call and you may not have enough info yet to make a decision on Player A who plays on SUN and has only practiced one day and yet your other option is player B who is a THU game so you have to either go ahead and use him or take a risk on what develops with Player A.

I like it all happening on SUN and then the one MNF. The rest just rushes things too much.

The fantasy aspect of it really does suck, but I was more referring to the game itself. I miss the days when Sunday was the only day that was really dedicated to pro football and Monday night was a little something extra special. I haven't like the Thursday games since they introduced it & like it even less now. It's just overkill to me and judging by the product we've seen on the field this year, is really not good for the players either as it seems to have greatly affected the competitiveness and preparation of the teams that have to work with those short weeks.

• Like 2

The fantasy aspect of it really does suck, but I was more referring to the game itself. I miss the days when Sunday was the only day that was really dedicated to pro football and Monday night was a little something extra special. I haven't like the Thursday games since they introduced it & like it even less now. It's just overkill to me and judging by the product we've seen on the field this year, is really not good for the players either as it seems to have greatly affected the competitiveness and preparation of the teams that have to work with those short weeks.

Absolutely.

As just a football fan, I could not agree more. It does favor the stronger teams from the lack of preparation time.

+1

Yeah I agree. While it's nice to watch it's not fair/safe for the players either. I do luv me some Sunday night games though.

Agree completely. Got burned all year on players in this game.

No Saturday games until the college regular season is over. A long-standing rule not to compete with them. Same reason for no Friday games with High School games going on.

I hate this long standing rule. Networks compete in every other aspect of television programming, but putting college football against pro football on tv is bad form?

If no one watches Saturday night college football because the pros are on then so be it. The lion eats the gazelle, that's life. Suck it up.

I hate this long standing rule. Networks compete in every other aspect of television programming, but putting college football against pro football on tv is bad form?

If no one watches Saturday night college football because the pros are on then so be it. The lion eats the gazelle, that's life. Suck it up.

It's not about the networks. The NFL doesn't want to take viewership and popularity away from the schools. it hurts the game as a while to compete against each other.

And hamsters eat their young, and while I venture to say that maybe convenient, it does not offer a bright future for the offspring. Goodell sucks at many things but he's too smart to suck that up. TV deals and ratings rule...that's real life.