[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To DMD and 2V...

BA Baracus

This will have been my 3rd year as a Huddle subscriber, and I don't ever see myself leaving. The tools and articles that you guys put out are great and have helped me a ton. So first and foremost - good job! :tup:

I would also like to offer a suggestion/request for your consideration for next season. I know that it has been mentioned on here before, so it isn't really my idea, but I want to take a crack at articulating what I'd personally find most helpful.

I would love to see a feature each week that focuses on exploiting specific defensive weaknesses in match ups. Maybe just focus it on RB's and WR's ranked 20-30 for the week, i.e. the top 20 FLEX guys. Sort of like your confidence factor on the projections now (which was a good idea, BTW), you could have 1-5 stars for how exploitable a match up is. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it simply tacked on to the projections, it would be better if there was some rational, even just a quick sentence.

As a random example (that is not born of any truth or knowledge): "Even though the Redskins are facing top cover corner Asomugha, Garcon remains a very strong play because he has been primarily lining up on the right, whereas Namdi typically stays on the left side of the field all day."

You guys sometimes mention these nuances in your projections, but it would help me a ton to have a feature that focuses on them. For instance, I would find it super useful to know why you guys think that Decker will draw Haden in coverage this weekend.

One reason that I subscribe is because you do a great job condensing the data that matters into a format that can be consumed in a few hours each week. The other main reason that I subscribe is that I feel like I am getting the opinion of someone who knows how to watch a football game and actually watches every game, which is not something that I can do. Anybody can look at the stats and say, "Tampa has a good run D and bad pass D". But you have to pay attention to the details to understand why that is the case and who will ultimately benefit. I'm certain that you guys bake this into your projections already, but I would really like to get more of the "why" behind it.

I'm starting ramble, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks!

Greatly appreciate the feedback and let us consider it. As I am understanding, you are referring to listing players who have the most advantageous matchups, right? We do try to mention matchup info in either the Predictions and Projections page or the per player writeups when they are most applicable.

I really like to hear what people want to see or don't. It helps us try to respond better to what people want.

Most advantageous matchups...but more from a man-to-man or scheme-vs-scheme perspective. Does a team who likes to run inside face a team with a hurt nose guard? Is a running QB playing a team that plays way too much man to man coverage? There aren't really any stats available (to my knowledge) to draw these conclusions. They really can only come from watching teams play and knowing what to look for, which is a lot of work!

I can use the SOS tool to see general matchup ranking.

Make sense?

It sounds like this article kinda matches what he is saying LINK

FWIW, the article has nothing to do with fantasy football, but instead talks about how and why NBC's Sunday Night Football is the #1 ranked show....really interesting...this is the only tease I will give everyone..."to explain why what was happening was happening."

Well, since you asked...

First off, i'll always be a huddle member and it's well worth the 25 or 30 bucks. Articles like "Under the #'s" and the Free Agent forecast are very useful and provide info that you typically won't find on ESPN. Like everyone i missed Jumboton and understand he's not easily replaced. I really missed the six pack article on Friday. It highlighted some key matchups, i enjoyed the beer write-up and i liked that it came out Friday morning and i always looked forward to it (whereas now after Tuesday, it's just the projections, start bench, etc which are great but no new articles) Double Coverage i like, and any expansion of that would be welcome. Maybe it's just me but i didn't care for the confidence factor. I don't know if anyone tracked the success of this, and i guess if you guys had a good track record maybe i would pay attention, but i never really saw the point, and esp. not a 1 to 5 scale. I don't know, maybe just highlighting if there's more reason to be confident would have more meaning but not even sure about that.

Anyway, just my two cents. Again, will always be a member so keep up the good work.

I agree with all of the praise and gratitude, you guys do a GREAT job at The Huddle.

One thing I would appreciate seeing is a look back at the draft sheet and call out winners/losers (good draft picks/bad draft picks) with maybe some reasoning for some of the players that didn't pan out or sleepers who stayed dormant.

Thanks, keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I would LOVE to see next year would be a League Analysis and Graphing function in the draft kit similar to My Huddle. I have often asked commisioners for the points total information for the top 25 players in each position for the prior year. All but one of them told me they did not know how to obtain that data. And the one commissioner who did was in a league where the scoring was changing, so the data were of less utility. It would be great to be able to plug my current scoring settings for a given league into the My Huddle system and obtain a summary of the top points totals for each position as well as a graph for all positions. It would be even better if the system were set up to also run the numbers for the last several seasons under the same numbers to account for any oddly-high scoring season for any one position. I don't know how difficult this would be to set up, so consider it a belated Christmas and New Year's wish.

One thing I would LOVE to see next year would be a League Analysis and Graphing function in the draft kit similar to My Huddle. I have often asked commisioners for the points total information for the top 25 players in each position for the prior year. All but one of them told me they did not know how to obtain that data. And the one commissioner who did was in a league where the scoring was changing, so the data were of less utility. It would be great to be able to plug my current scoring settings for a given league into the My Huddle system and obtain a summary of the top points totals for each position as well as a graph for all positions. It would be even better if the system were set up to also run the numbers for the last several seasons under the same numbers to account for any oddly-high scoring season for any one position. I don't know how difficult this would be to set up, so consider it a belated Christmas and New Year's wish.

I use the Stats section all the time for this purpose (and I know on MFL you can get data from the past year under Top Performers, also includes weekly scoring stats on a grid).

You just choose your myHuddle settings for the year in question and voila, you get a listing of rankings, points scored, other data, and game-by-game data by clicking on the player)

(BTW: also want to say thanks to DMD and 2V, you went above and beyond this year to listen to what people wanted. I love all the different presentations of data for different preferences, in addition to all of the great articles as always)

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I'd like to say thank you to David (dont hound me on FB after this!!) for printing my Al-A-Mo tag. I'd also like to thank 2v for sending me those Stewart rookie cards (and the pens..LOVE THE PENS!!) and also for tanking for my first BoTH leauge title. See...it all comes full circle.

I use the Stats section all the time for this purpose (and I know on MFL you can get data from the past year under Top Performers, also includes weekly scoring stats on a grid).

You just choose your myHuddle settings for the year in question and voila, you get a listing of rankings, points scored, other data, and game-by-game data by clicking on the player)

(BTW: also want to say thanks to DMD and 2V, you went above and beyond this year to listen to what people wanted. I love all the different presentations of data for different preferences, in addition to all of the great articles as always)

Thanks, D.O.G. Unfortunately, all of my leagues are Yahoo. But I will try to figure out the Stats section this fall. And a Big +1 to The Huddle staff!

Thanks, D.O.G. Unfortunately, all of my leagues are Yahoo. But I will try to figure out the Stats section this fall. And a Big +1 to The Huddle staff!

A relatively beginner level knowledge of Excel and you can easily hammer out everything you are asking for. Use MFL/FFLM or the stats section here to do the easy fantasy points calculations for you, copy that into Excel and then let it do all the work for you.

A relatively beginner level knowledge of Excel and you can easily hammer out everything you are asking for. Use MFL/FFLM or the stats section here to do the easy fantasy points calculations for you, copy that into Excel and then let it do all the work for you.

Not by a computer right now, but looks like you can download excel data for past years from the stats section.

BTW, also lots of sortable categories is also a nice plus.