[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want to end the season on my favorite topic...Schwartz

giantsfan

When they lose Sunday to the Bears, they will go from 10 wins to 4 wins. End the season 4-12 with 8 straight L's.

The man was awful this season and threw away games with terrible coaching decisions. He had another winner Saturday night.

Let's see...we are 4-10...going nowhere...4th and goal from the 2 yard line...down by 8 in the 4th Q...I have an idea let's kick a pointless FG. ONCE AGAIN coaching scared.

Team never went no huddle this season until they were forced to. Team has zero discipline. Mistakes all over the field. Dumb penalties. Just bad decision after bad decision.

I thought after 10-6 and making the playoffs no shot he'd get fired, but now maybe I think it is possible ending the season at 4-12, 8 straight L's, and a joke.

So does he get fired? If I was a Lions fan I'd hope BIG TIME they fire Schwartz. But my guess is they will not fire him. Usually the owners in Detroit are pretty patient.

Considered one of the dirtiest teams in the league right now, which smacks of either a lack of discipline or a lack of character (or both). As much as I hate the Packers out of sheer rivalry, I'm very happy to see the Lions suck this year more than any other team out there. The Lions deserve their failure.

He should get fired, but won't. Calvin Johnson has been the only weapon on offense. You can't lose all of your WR depth behind him and expect to compete. The problems go way beyond that, but I think Schwartz will get a do over because of that. And Mayhew too. Maybe we get a top CB in the draft now and Delmas stays healthy and the secondary isn't quite complete chit, only partial chit.

I think Gunther Cunningham will be the scapegoat.

He should get fired, but won't. Calvin Johnson has been the only weapon on offense. You can't lose all of your WR depth behind him and expect to compete. The problems go way beyond that, but I think Schwartz will get a do over because of that. And Mayhew too. Maybe we get a top CB in the draft now and Delmas stays healthy and the secondary isn't quite complete chit, only partial chit.

I think Gunther Cunningham will be the scapegoat.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but my only issue is their O really wasn't the problem. Sure they had HUGE issues in the RZ scoring TD's. Part of that was due to dropped passes, and part of that was due to questionable play calling down there. But their O did move the ball.

Their biggest issue is/was dumb decisions by the coach. The list goes ON AND ON. Almost every week I posted a terrible decision by Schwartz.

1. Terrible coaching decisions.

2. Dumb penalties.

3. Sloppy play. Thugs on the field.

4. Bad play calling when they got into the RZ (they got into the RZ a lot and then settled for FG after FG).

Even Saturday night Stafford threw for 443 yards. Went up and down the field. What hurt them? Mistakes in the RZ. Turn overs. Dumb play calling. Poor coaching decisions. Same issues as all season.

It is a darn shame, because Stafford and Calvin are great players. If they could get a better D, keep the OL strong, and add one more weapon on the outside (assuming Broyles and Young are non factors) they can be real good. But it starts with better coaching and DISCIPLINE I think. The man, and that whole staff, coach not to lose instead of to win IMO. We have seen it all season. Coaching scared.

I agree he comes back, but if I were a Lions fan I'd want him gone.

Let's just look at the one decision this past game against the Falcons.

You are 4-10. You have lost 6 straight games. Your crowd is actually great and into the game. Loud and fired up.

You have 4th and goal from the 2 down 8 early 4th Q. WHY THE HE** would you kick a FG there? I don't get it.

Even if your thinking is we kick a FG and get to within 5 which means a TD wins it, and not just ties it with a 2 point conversion, it still makes no sense.

Why wouldn't you go for it. Even if you don't get it they are pinned back on their own 2, and need 65 yards to get into FG range. That is a terrible decision by a scared coach. You have nothing to play for. The crowd is still crazy for you and showing their support, and you kick a FG there? Terrible scared coaching.

That is simply added to the LONG list of terrible scared decisions the man made this season. So yes the past few weeks their weapons were down, but this is much deeper than that. And I know he'll come back. I get why on some level. But sometimes you need to be honest and say is this guy really the guy to take us there. Based on what I saw this season...no way.

Now maybe Schwartz sees this also and works to better himself as a coach this offseason and comes back better for it next season, possible, but right now the guy is bad. He did a terrible job with that team this season. No way to argue it. One of the worst jobs in the league when you go decision by decision, and undisciplined mistake after mistake.