[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking to try a few ideas for our league next year and would like to know your opinions

archiebonker

Just wonder if anyone has tried some of these ideas in their league. Be good to hear your opinions. Like to change it up a bit.

- Blind Bidding

- 15 Teams / 3 Divisions / 12 week regular season

- Using a flex position and dropping the starting lineup to 8 from 9. ( Flex = RB or WR)

And I want to figure out how I can make division teams play each other X2 and each other team once each using Double Headers for 6 weeks.

Be Great to hear from you guys.

MFL has built in ready blind bidding.

Flex position is always nice. Depending on if your league is PPR, you might want to consider adding TE to the flex as well. Makes TE's very valuable and on par with RB/WR.

Not sure how to swing a 15 man league with those parameters. You might want to poll the league and think about pushing it to 16 teams. Let me tell you though, a 16 team league is extremely difficult to win, especially if you are going up against very good Huddlers.

We had 16 Teams 2 years ago. Guys were saying it was too hard to pickup on the waivers. We lost two last year and went with 14 and Double Header weeks. But I would like Divisions again and I think if I cut the benches by 3 on each team, and go with one flex position. I think it would open things up a lot regardless.

As for the TE position. We made the reception points more for a TE and it's made it a very important position to have. Made it interesting.

As for the the 15 team/ 3 Division /12 week schedule. I haven't tried to figure that one out yet. But I think if I could make 6 Double Head Weeks and 6 Single Game weeks. We could play each Division Team Twice and Each other team once. (now to figure that schedule out...haha).

Oh, we do have a PPR League.

Did you guys like Flex Positions?

Should I add TE's to the Flex (I guess I would have to change the Reception points if I do)

p.s. We had a great Playoff format this season. Ask me if you guys would like to see it.

Edited by archiebonker

Just wonder if anyone has tried some of these ideas in their league. Be good to hear your opinions. Like to change it up a bit.

- Blind Bidding

Yes, I definitely enjoy blind bidding as the FA/Waiver option. IMO, it is superior to waivers by standings, but, my caveat to this is that I would tend towards sticking with waivers by standings for more casual leagues. Blind bidding adds another layer of strategy, and if you're league is more recreational, it will merely tend to expand the gap between your more casual owner and the more involved owner.

- 15 Teams / 3 Divisions / 12 week regular season

And I want to figure out how I can make division teams play each other X2 and each other team once each using Double Headers for 6 weeks.

See what MFL etc. have as defaults. It should be doable, but, if you tend towards loading up on division games in the non-NFL bye week weeks, you're division games will be loaded into the double header weeks. If that is not a major concern, this shouldn't be too difficult to set up.

- Using a flex position and dropping the starting lineup to 8 from 9. ( Flex = RB or WR)

Love the flex spot - should be RB/WR/TE for sure. Not so sure about dropping the lineup size though, guess it depends on the reason and what you already have as the lineup requirements. A lot of leagues are moving towards a double flex lineup, which I really enjoy. It allows a lot of flexibility in draft strategy, lineup decisions, trade discussions, etc.

Thanks Country, things to think about.

- I like the Blind Bidding myself. But yes, I wonder if guys might think it's too much. Not sure.

- As for the Schedule. We had Double Headers all season last year and it was pretty fun. But if we went with 15 Teams. I won't be able to do this. I looked on MFL, but they don't have much selection for 15 teams or much for a 12 Week Reg season.

- We had 9 starters and 6 Bench players last season. One of the complaints was the amount of worthy pickups on the waivers. So I was thinking of dropping it to 8 starters and 4 Bench. Not sure how this will go either.

Thanks Country, things to think about.

- I like the Blind Bidding myself. But yes, I wonder if guys might think it's too much. Not sure.

- As for the Schedule. We had Double Headers all season last year and it was pretty fun. But if we went with 15 Teams. I won't be able to do this. I looked on MFL, but they don't have much selection for 15 teams or much for a 12 Week Reg season.

- We had 9 starters and 6 Bench players last season. One of the complaints was the amount of worthy pickups on the waivers. So I was thinking of dropping it to 8 starters and 4 Bench. Not sure how this will go either.

Are you locked in to a 12 week regular season?

My response to the "nobody is available on waivers" - I say BS - even in my leagues where there are 20 man rosters and 14 teams there was plenty of action each week on the waiver wire. Thing is, with those size rosters and savvier owners, there is more competition for the free agents and a lot of times, that new hot free agent was picked up the week before he blew up, rather than the week after.... additionally, if you don't see what you want on the wire, look to make a trade.

I love the idea of Blind Bidding. I'm going to implement this for sure.

As for the Waiver thing, I totally agree. There was things to pickup. But to open things up, I like to cut back the size of the benches.

I'm hopping this will keep players collecting dust in someones bench.

With the 12 week Regular season. Well, we always had 13 weeks, But we came up with a great Playoff format that lasts 4 weeks. It worked great and benefited teams that did well in the regular season.

I was thinking I could figure out a Schedule that would use 6 Double Head Weeks and 6 Single Game weeks. Sounds like it could work, but I'm not sure yet.

With double headers you may be able to schedule every team to play 2

Are you locked in to a 12 week regular season?

My response to the "nobody is available on waivers" - I say BS - even in my leagues where there are 20 man rosters and 14 teams there was plenty of action each week on the waiver wire. Thing is, with those size rosters and savvier owners, there is more competition for the free agents and a lot of times, that new hot free agent was picked up the week before he blew up, rather than the week after.... additionally, if you don't see what you want on the wire, look to make a trade.

Great points about players on waiver, we have 18 man roster (9 starters) and 12 teams, while many players sighted on various free agent discussions may not be available some are. And like BC, they usually are gone before they blow up (as they are emerging).

Decreasing your roster will definitely increase the free agent pool, and I think going to a flex makes a smaller bench easier to deal with during byes and injuries.

Agree that figuring out a way to do the schedule with 15 teams is going to be hard. Without at least one team playing a DH each week you're left with a team who has no opponent. Even the weeks with DH may be difficult to do (haven't really tried to figure that out).

Ya, not sure how I would do the schedule. I just thought a 15 team / 3 Division League would be great. Seems easy, until you put it on paper. haha

The Playoff format we started this year made up change our regular season to a 12 week Reg season. 4 weeks of playoffs. Worked well.

I'll have to push for a smaller bench and maybe start with one Flex position. If the guys are ok with it. It would open it up to having more teams in the league.

Any more ideas out there? I'm still looking for idea's.

We have a14 team league now. Looking to expand to 15. (not sure I'm able to make a schedule though)

12 week regular season / 4 week playoff format

PPR League

Blind Bidding Waivers

8 make playoffs 6 make B Side playoffs now

Looking for ways of making a better chat idea....something that might come on our phones (any ideas?)

We have lots of payouts

4 Week NFL Playoff league using our same site.

Be good to hear what some of you Commish's have for your leagues. Always fun to see your leagues too.