[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 selection order

Jackass

Man, some of the teams in the top 10 desperately need a QB but unfortunately doesn't seem like there are any qb's worthy of a top 10 pick. In 12 out of the last 15 years, a QB has been drafted #1 overall. Can't see that happening this year but will be interesting to see who reaches for a QB...

Kansas City - desperate

Jacksonville - desperate

Oakland - prob won't draft qb high this year

Philadephia - prob won't draft qb high this year

Detroit - no need

Cleveland - prob won't draft qb high this year

Arizona- desperate

Buffalo - close to desperate

Jets - desperate

Tennessee - prob won't draft qb high this year

Gotta give Washington credit for having the foresight to pay heavily to move up to grab RGIII last year. They evaluated the talent correctly, and went for it. I wish the Vikings would have done that (in hind-sight of course). Will be really intersting to see if someone else sells their future picks for lesser talent now.

I could see a few QB's being moved. Your right about Washington. Smart move picking 2 QB's in the first 3 rounds. Trade bait and a franchise QB in one draft.

Who could you see move and to where?

I say Romo goes to the Jets.

Palmer goes to Arizona

Tebow goes to Jacksonville

Cousins goes to KC

I'll go out on a semi-shaky limb and say that Geno Smith impresses enough from now until April to make KC comfortable enough with their despiration.

No shaky limb required. Geno Smith is a lock at #1. That dude from USC will also go in the top #10. Remember...its not always about talent...its about need.

QB's that might be or are going to be available to get next year.

Vick -Bills

Hasselbeck -Unemployed

Kolb -Arizona

Sanchez -Jets Since Ryan stayed

Tebow -Jax

Cousins? -Washington

Moore

Flynn? -Vikings?

Palmer -Backing up Pryor

Romo -Cowboys so he can fail again

Fitzpatrick? -Competing with Vick

Flacco -Ravens who else do they have?

Smith -Vikings or Philadelphia

IMO, I think Tennesee is okay, Browns already drafted Colt McCoy & Brandon Weeden so I hope they wouldn't draft another QB. Detroit is okay for the short term, he made Calvin Johnson relevant after many thought he was a victim of the "Madden Curse". I actually want to see if Vince Young can start somewhere again. He had a winning record just a bad attitude.

Edited by DuckDuckGoose

Vince has to compete with the rest of the names on that list. He could improve a team willing to take a chance on him and his so called "bad Attitude". The Problem I think is he's not worth carrying as a back up and no one wants him as a starter. Case in point Buffalo not good enough to beat out Fitzpatrick and not worth keeping over T-Jack money wise and possibly attitude wise.

Hasselback play behind a bad line and won 2-4 games for a terrible Titans team he will find work.

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 1

Vince has to compete with the rest of the names on that list. He could improve a team willing to take a chance on him and his so called "bad Attitude". The Problem I think is he's not worth carrying as a back up and no one wants him as a starter. Case in point Buffalo not good enough to beat out Fitzpatrick and not worth keeping over T-Jack money wise and possibly attitude wise.

Hasselback play behind a bad line and won 2-4 games for a terrible Titans team he will find work.

This is the problem with Young IMO. The backup has to be someone who can step in on short notice w/o a lot of practice reps.

No shaky limb required. Geno Smith is a lock at #1. That dude from USC will also go in the top #10. Remember...its not always about talent...its about need.

I get what you're brewin', but as I've mentioned in other posts, I think the pool at QB is somewhat deep this season. Is Smith the clear-cut BEST QB out there? Or could the Chiefs afford to take someone else at 1 (or trade out) and pick up one of the lesser (but maybe not that different) QBs?

I still think Smith will impress in workouts (coming off a shaky Pinstripe Bowl) and the Chiefs will fall in love, especially with what the likes of Newton and RGIII have done.