[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reid gone...now what?

Joessfl

I am with you. I am at a loss for words but I look forward to what this off-season brings to Phila. I have little knowledge of football other than casual watching them on tv. I probably post smart alec remarks here on the huddle and really dont answer questions, lat alone on topics that i start. But here goes:

McCoy - Brought in under the guise of replacing Westbrook. I think they cant use McCoy the way other teams use RBs up the middle and at the goal line, but they wont have to if they continue to use him like the past two years. Without Reid, I am curious how another coach changes it over time. Bryce Brown and Havili (sp?) would be nice to see from time to time even with McCoy in the backfield.

WR - Maclin, Jackson, Avant, Cooper. I like Cooper, and I think Demarius Johnson should get more time. Avant can go.

The offensive line could use some improvement, but I haven't paid attention since there hasn't been too much said after Vick was injured. This actually surprised me.

QB - I dont know what QB to look at, but Vick aint the answer even if he's healthy. I was sorry to see Kolb go last year. I would love to see them try and get Alex Smith. Anybody else that would be happy during the Eagles rebuild?

Jon Gruden? I would love to see him. I think he has a good mind for the game and he is passionate about the game and the players. Maybe his passion is just a polar opposite to Reid's stoic media responses, that I am just dying to see any change no matter what the magnitude of difference. Other than him, I dont follow college so I don't know much of the new and upcoming coaches.

Defense looks somewhat sound, except that secondary. Oh, and a defensive coach that has defensive experience would be nice.

I know I am missing a lot of details here, but GDammit, that is quite a shopping list in my opinion. I just hope there is patience in putting it all back together instead of trying to grasp at straws in one single off season and then say "job done". I can watch for the next two to three seasons while understanding the solution isnt in place. But can the rest of the fans? Doubt it.

Defense looks somewhat sound, except that secondary. Oh, and a defensive coach that has defensive experience would be nice.

:blink:

You mean the same defense with no playmaking LB and underachieving Trent Cole... and the now-released Jason Babin? Their defense needs a complete overhaul.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed about an overhaul. The eagles haven't had a solid linebacker since Jeremiah trotter. Linebacker was always a position of weakness during the Reid era. The secondary was supposed to be their strength but obviously it's horrendous. Nnamdi may be the most overpaid player in the nfl. The d line was very disappointing this year. So few sacks, and opposing running games were not slowed down.