[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head coaching candidates...

keggerz

Weeden will be shipped out of town. Kelly needs a mobile QB to run his system. Weeden might as well have concrete shoes on. Oregon has averaged 273.1yds rushing per game in the 3yrs Chip has run the ship. I think it bodes very well for Richardson. Little I'm not so sure about. He looks to have solved the dropsies though...he's an interesting guy to keep an eye on in Dynasty's.

Weeden's already said he can't run Kelly's offense. He's a goner. Probably another year with either McCoy or even Thad Lewis at QB if nothing else is done in the off season.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=19&post_id=10401

Edited by loaf

Weeden's already said he can't run Kelly's offense. He's a goner. Probably another year with either McCoy or even Thad Lewis at QB if nothing else is done in the off season.

http://espncleveland...9&post_id=10401

You gotta think if Kelly does go to Cleveland they'll at least make an attempt to get a Vince Young Michael Vick type

http://espncleveland...9&post_id=10401

Due to strength of schedule, the Browns have moved in front of Arizona for the #6 pick. QB???

I don't see the Chargers making the fatal error of hiring Mora. Right now there is a lot of misinformation and game playing with names right now. None of the teams want to show their real hand.

My gut feeling is it will be Raye or Telesco at GM and Arians as HC. All three make sense.

I don't see the Chargers making the fatal error of hiring Mora. Right now there is a lot of misinformation and game playing with names right now. None of the teams want to show their real hand.

My gut feeling is it will be Raye or Telesco at GM and Arians as HC. All three make sense.

Not sure Jimmy Raye has much of a chance otherwise why bring in Ron Wolf in helping with the GM search. I'm still holding out hope for Tom Gamble or Mark Ross but I would not be disappointed with Telesco. And Arians is the guy I am pining for at HC.

Weeden ran a spread offense at OK State. he was kidding

How do you feel abougt Kelly (if he's hired) as the future Browns coach? Can he make it in fhe NFL? He has no prior NFL experience, is an offense to the max guy (just outscore your opponent 50-30 every week), and doesn't really have the tools to get it done (QB specifically although McCoy could probably do ok).

I'm gonna have failth in the new regime, but I'm not thrilled so far (would prefer somebody with some experience and a wins in the NFL at least as an assistant or coord).

How do you feel abougt Kelly (if he's hired) as the future Browns coach? Can he make it in fhe NFL? He has no prior NFL experience, is an offense to the max guy (just outscore your opponent 50-30 every week), and doesn't really have the tools to get it done (QB specifically although McCoy could probably do ok).

I'm gonna have failth in the new regime, but I'm not thrilled so far (would prefer somebody with some experience and a wins in the NFL at least as an assistant or coord).

Kelly should be finalized as HC tonight. There is always a risk bringing in a college coach with no NFL experience. But Kelly will not disappoint. It will not be a miraculous turn-around but a 3-4 yr project to get the Browns back to being a division contender and playoff team. First order of business will be the QB position. The Browns have the #6 overall pick and have one of, if not the youngest, team in the NFL with a RB that will be explosive in Kelly's offense. Remember, Kelly's finished 1st or tied for 1st in the PAC 12 in each of his 4yrs, going to the BCS Championship game in 2010 and 2 Rose Bowl appearances (1 win) for good measure. You guys are gonna be fine.

Could Chip Kelly be the next Steve Spurrier, or is that an unfair comparison?

:lol:

Not only was Spurrier a colossal 1st round bust of the 49'rs (3rd overall pick in 67), he was just as bad in 2 seasons as the Skins HC. He is, however, a trememdous college football coach. The bio has yet to be written for Kelly, but I can't imagine him being as bad as Spurrier (The highest paid NFL HC in History as the time of his signing in 2002 :doh:)

So much for Tom Gamble coming to the Chargers. He's expected to be the next Jets GM. Why anybody would want to join the circus is beyond me. But that dude can draft like nobody's business.

Edited by tazinib1

He's a 50 yard pass on 4 and 2...line from Terry Pluto. High Risk, High Reward.

• Like 1

Eagles brass apparently got antsy and flew to Arizona this AM to meet with Kelly sooner than later. Was originally supposed to be a short 2-hour lunch meeting to hopefully ensure he doesn't take another job prior to the Eagles meeting with him later this week. Well, NBC10 in Philly is reporting that they are still together...Kellyapparently cancelled a dinner with Cardinals brass, and it has now turned into a closed-door dinner. :thinking:

If its money Kelly desires, I imagine Lurie can let him write his own check. NFL visibility? I think I'd want Philly over Cleveland or Arizona.