[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head coaching candidates...

keggerz

Bears ready to hire Joe DeCammilis as Special Teams Coach/Asst. Coach. Interesting in that he also interviewed for the Bears HC gig. Wonder if he can keep the Bears ST unit in the top 10 like the last 10 or so years. They have the talent that's for sure.

Trestman has hired former Saints interim head coach Aaron Kromer as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, so I'm assuming oc Mike Tice is out.

According to rumors, DC Rod Marinelli and qb coach Jeremy Bates are better than 50/50 to stay.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Kelly must have found out the NCAA is gonna hammer his program.

Yup, looks that way.

Interesting: Oregon deadline for underclassman declaration deadline was yesterday. A lot of pissed off Juniors in Eugene right now.

+1

A move like this from Chip is a desparate move by both parties. Philly offered more because they had no one and Kelly is runnin away from a sanction that is shedding more light that he doesn't want to be a part of for the next few years.

A move like this from Chip is a desparate move by both parties. Philly offered more because they had no one and Kelly is runnin away from a sanction that is shedding more light that he doesn't want to be a part of for the next few years.

I don't know that it's really a desperate move for Philly. I've thought all along that they were by far the best fit with a good mix of speed and talent (well, enough talent they haven't shown the door to yet) if he can get the most out of them.

I don't know that it's really a desperate move for Philly. I've thought all along that they were by far the best fit with a good mix of speed and talent (well, enough talent they haven't shown the door to yet) if he can get the most out of them.

Uh...any thoughts on who is gonna play QB in this system next year? Cause he certainly isn't on the team right now...unless, or course, failure in year 1 is acceptable.

In Jaguar news, team is not letting coaching staff interview or make lateral moves to other teams until HC is hired. They have gone on record saying they are in "no hurry". Man..talk about holding your guys hostage. Most of the prime gigs will be gone by next week. Andy Heck is a valued commodity but can't go anywhere.

Uh...any thoughts on who is gonna play QB in this system next year? Cause he certainly isn't on the team right now...unless, or course, failure in year 1 is acceptable.

Well, if you don't have a QB, I don't think there's a coach out there that was going to be a perfect fit to win in year 1, so :shrug:

Well, if you don't have a QB, I don't think there's a coach out there that was going to be a perfect fit to win in year 1, so :shrug:

This

Vick stated that the only way he stays on board and even THINKS of restructuring his absurd contract is if Chip Kelly or Jay Gruden became the HC. Vick was, without a doubt, on his way out. This changes things a little bit but I'm very doubtful that he is the solution for a Chip Kelly system. They probably reconstruct his salary for 1 year and draft or trade for a capable QB for 2014 and beyond.

And then you have this: "I watch in awe sometimes" 2011 -- Chip Kelly referring to Eagles QB Nick Foles :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

I'm watching the Darrell Bevell Arizona presser. Dude doesn't sound like a guy confident in being hired, he sounds like a guy BEGGING to be hired. I don't think Darrell is the choice.

I fully expect Bruce Arians to be the next HC at Arizona. Especially after watching this.

Saw on the news last night rumblings that Garretts job may not be safe in DAL. Something about Jerry wanting him to give up calling the plays. And if Garrett is out, Holmgren could step in. Sounds far fetched but a quick search did turn up several stories about it, most from a few days ago, this one is more recent

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704810/the-jason-garrett-dilemma

This older one more clearly points to Jerry wanting him to give it up, the other was discussion of does it happen and who takes over

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/12/mort-jones-is-pushing-garrett-to-give-up-play-calling-duties/