[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Head coaching candidates...

keggerz

Some interesting Browns news if you care:

"3-4/4-3 it will be a mixture. It's 2013. They will have to learn to integrate what they have" -- Tony Grossi (ESPNCleveland)

And as far as a Browns GM, I'm being told that Banner's fancy CEO title is a just a GM wrapped up in a bow with a higher salary.

Edited by tazinib1

Now we just need to keep Pagano as defensive coordinator, and I will be very very happy! :tup:

You will be very happy. Just announced. Charger retaining 4 defensive coaches. They include Defensive Coordinator John Pagano, Linebackers Coach Joe Barry, Assistant Linebackers Coach Greg Williams and Defensive Line Coach Don Johnson.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I need my twazni feed.

:lol:

:bow:

One thing I gotta say, I really didn't think this thread had that much following. Then I looked at the view count. Wow...almost 4k hits.

I think there is only 1 or 2 high profile jobs left to fill. My head is like a plate of scrambled eggs right now so I can't recall who/what they are.

Rod Marinelli is at Valley Ranch (Cowboys) as we speak.

I'll update this entry.

Rod Marinelli was hired by the Cowboys as the new DL coach

Cowboys are quietly building a very strong defensive coaching staff.

Marinelli should help with the transition to a 4-3

Edited by tazinib1

not if he brings his 3-4 to a Linebacker starved Defense.

don't worry the new GM will get D'qwell help

Browns hire Mike Lombardi as VP of Player Personnel

:unsure:

Interesting quote regarding the hire of Lombardi -- CEO Banner on Lombardi: "Listen, I understand that I'm going out on the limb myself by hiring Mike. So I didn't do this casually."

Frankly I'm surprised Banner didn't just hire a fellow accountant for his de facto "GM". IMO part of the reason he split with Philly was because his buddy Lurie wouldn't let him play GM. I think Banner has a hugh chip on his shoulder regarding Lurie and the Eagles and is trying to prove something. The whole Chip Kelly courting by the 2 teams was dick-swinging between the 2 of them as well. I'm starting to think its going to be a long ride for Browns fans. Banner was not the brains behind the Eagles despite what he thinks and it could get messy in Cleveland with him trying to run the show with a bunch of yes men behind him. He was good at cap management but talent evaluation was extremely questionable in Philly the last 14+ years

Edited by Zooty
  • Like 1

You will be very happy. Just announced. Charger retaining 4 defensive coaches. They include Defensive Coordinator John Pagano, Linebackers Coach Joe Barry, Assistant Linebackers Coach Greg Williams and Defensive Line Coach Don Johnson.

:yes:

Taz - you really need to think about doing this professionally. The analysis and timeliness of your information is pretty awesome. Seriously, this has been a great thread to follow.

Nice job. Keep it coming. :tup:

Thanks! Got a gig today so no updates today. Not that there is much to report.

I thought somebody would pick up the slack while I was on set today. There were some positions filled:

Cardinals hire ex Eagles DC Todd Bowles as DC to replace the disgruntled Ray Horton. He's inheriting a nice Defense.

Jaguars hired ex Bear Bob Babbich as DC. He's a LB coach for the most part but did serve as Chicago's DC for 3 years

Cardinals also hired Bruce Arians confidant Harold Goodwin as OC. Arians will call the plays and Goodwin will concentrate on the OL as well as schemes with Bruce

Jaguars also hired Jedd Fisch as OC. Jedd was the Miami Hurricanes OC the past 2 seasons and has a WCO mindset.

Da Raida's hired Greg Olson as OC. I don't know much about him but am told he likes the power running game. Hopefully he will ditch the zone blocking scheme that made McFadden a top 10 pick bust in 2012.

Edited by tazinib1

Pat Shurmur expected to be named Eagles OC even though Chip Kelly has stated he will be calling the plays?

I'm sure Zooty is doing cartwheels. And the :boxing: between Eagles/Browns continues.

:sarcasm:

Edited by tazinib1