[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Head Coaches/GM Tracker

Whiskey Pimp

I figured we should probably have one thread to track all official changes before we start having multiple threads.

KC - Andy Reid HC, John Dorsey GM

BUF - Doug Marrone HC

CLE - Rob Chudzinski HC, Michael Lombardi GM

CHI - Marc Trestman HC

SD - Mike McCoy HC, Tom Telesco GM

ARI - Bruce Arians HC, Steve Keim GM

PHI - Chip Kelly HC

NYJ - John Idzik GM

JAX - Gus Bradley HC, Dave Caldwell GM

CAR - Dave Gettleman GM

Edited by Whiskey Pimp
  • Like 1

BREAKING NEWS: Browns hire Rob Chudzinski from Toledo as new head coach.

Wow....didn't see that one coming. I remember him as TE coach for the Chargers.

I believe he was with the Hurricanes though...he ATTENDED Toledo, I don't think he ever coached them.

Edited by tazinib1

He was born in Toledo. Was our OC for a few years. Last year was OC for Carolina.

I think we could have done a bit better but he does have plenty of NFL coaching exp.

Rumors of Norv Turner coming on board as his OC

Edited by loaf

I think we could have done better than Chudzinsk, but will hope for the best. I wonder if Jauron hangs on as DC, he had them playing pretty well when they had the whole squad together. I'd be fine with Norv Turner as OC.

Taz, its Weeden, he may not have a cool nickname (yet), but he ain't a box of Wheaties either ;)

Only real knock on him is no experience as head coach at any level. It was mentioned that after a big year with the Browns in 2007 (Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards had huge years and were in Pro Bowl), he was a top candidate to be the Ravens new HC. He turned that into a big extension with the Browns, then things fell apart in 2008 and Crennel and the whole staff were let go.

Now they need a good GM, and that person will likely have most of the control over personnel decisions (as opposed to a more vet HC who would have asked for that control).

Edited by stevegrab

Do you like the pick? Looks like Arians won't be getting a new gig. I feel badly for him.

I love the pick. Young, smart guys leading the way,. If it wasn't Arians, then I wanted McCoy. I still think Arians gets a job. Maybe not a HC job....would love him as the Chargers OC

I love the pick. Young, smart guys leading the way,. If it wasn't Arians, then I wanted McCoy. I still think Arians gets a job. Maybe not a HC job....would love him as the Chargers OC

It would seem odd to me for Arians to make a lateral move unless it was such a good deal he had too.

• Like 1

Trestman is a good hire.

Bears have also hired Saints OL coach Aaron Kromer as their new OC and OL coach. Good move for them as well. Can't say much for his head coaching skills, but he will be sorely missed on the OL.