[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Head Coaches/GM Tracker

Whiskey Pimp

This hire appears to have precipitated Marinelli's departure. Wanna bet we go from a great D and meh O to a meh D and great O, winding up where we started - not quite good enough?

I don't know, I think the D was going to take a hit regardless of the DC. I think the D may slide a bit but won't go so far as to say "meh" quite yet. The offense will most certainly take steps in the right direction following this hire. Or so I'm hoping.

• Like 1

This hire appears to have precipitated Marinelli's departure. Wanna bet we go from a great D and meh O to a meh D and great O, winding up where we started - not quite good enough?

Yeah, I'm afraid we're back to the Wanstedt Era track meets on the lake (I can't believe he was hired 20 years ago). Was never a fan but that's because when I grew up in Chicago it actually had winter in November and December. Nowadays it might not matte much.

I think D's right though: the D was getting long in the tooth regardless, and there's no uberPlayer younger than 25 here. Also losing Toub is going to hurt tremendously as it was one of the few spots where no one could match the Bears very well at all, as has been their history, in special teams.

• 4 weeks later...

Just when you thought this was a stale topic...

The Browns have just signed Ray Farmer away from the Chiefs. Farmer had been director of pro player personnel for the Chiefs 2006-2012. Michael Lombardi's title has been changed from VP of Player Personnel to GM, and Farmer is new assistant GM. Farmer will report to and work closely with Lombardi. Lombardi's job/position has really not changed, just a change in title. HC Chudzinski will continue to report to Banner despite Lombardi's new title.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/browns-name-ray-farmer-assistant-general-manager-change-mike-lombardi-s-title-to-gm-1.378639