[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Cable - Can I watch NFL?

Go Skins

Hello fellow Huddlers. I'm thinking of ridding myself of cable... My entire family and I can satiate all our TV watching needs with Apple TV, Hulu, Netflix... except for football. I almost think it's worth the cable bill, but not if I can get football some other way. I see ads for it on ITunes - anybody know about that? How quickly is a game up? Is there another way to watch football via the internet I haven't found yet? Just curious, thanks for any info...

NFL Rewind ($60-70) is also good if you don't have to watch it live. I forgot to check and see how soon they go up after the game, since I usually rewatch later in the week, and really more in the offseasons to watch games from the previous year, but I think it goes up failry quick (if anyone else knows for sure... Keggers?)

It also has a condensed feature to only watch the plays, so you can blow through a game in even less than 30 minutes if they're running the ball a lot.

If you have a verizon phone, you can suscribe to their NFL mobile for $5 a month, and be able to watch redzone during the day games and all of the night games. But you would probably want to have a phone with HDMI output in this case to hook it up to your TV or HDMI-capable PC for viewing.

Not many other better options than (as I didn't know before the post above) doing NFL package on PS3.... Man, between that, the blueray player, and harddrive for media, the PS3 almost pays for itself just with that, as cheap as they've gotten.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Well there's always good ole fashioned TV over the airwaves (OTA), at least for CBS, Fox, and NBC.

As far as Sunday Ticket, I believe that only includes Sunday afternoon games (all of them) shown on Fox and CBS. It would not include Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday games (NFL Network and other channels) and most importantly the playoffs.

Well there's always good ole fashioned TV over the airwaves (OTA), at least for CBS, Fox, and NBC.

This. Go get you an old-fashioned rabbit ears. Your local stations are broadcasting in high-def, so you'll get a really nice picture. I did this when I moved until my cable was hooked up. Worked great.

Shut down

As they should be, and will continue to be. Streaming copyrighted stuff like that without paying for it is theft plain and simple.

OTA gets you all but MNF and TNF, most of which are not very good games. Plus if you do that, you can watch other TV shows on the broadcast networks, not just football.

Wow when did this happen...do you have an article link by chance? I was using it no more than 3 days ago to watch some NBA.

I just checked, it's still there. Had me worried for a second though, thought I'd have to find some other place to see the Titans' games

Wow when did this happen...do you have an article link by chance? I was using it no more than 3 days ago to watch some NBA.

I just checked, it's still there. Had me worried for a second though, thought I'd have to find some other place to see the Titans' games

the original (.com)site did get shut down since last year. Go there you'll get a message from Homeland Security :unsure:

This year you had to put .eu at the end of the address instead to get to their site.

My bad. I had never been there before so when I saw the first post I just went to the .com address and saw the Homeland Security message

You could do what the Amish would do. They go to their neighbors house to use the phone, why not do the same for cable?

I signed up for Directv a few weeks into the season and got the NFL package free for signing up. I'll have to pay for it next year.

You could do what the Amish would do. They go to their neighbors house to use the phone, why not do the same for cable?

I signed up for Directv a few weeks into the season and got the NFL package free for signing up. I'll have to pay for it next year.

My landlord signed us and the neighbor up for DirecTV when we moved in so we got the Ticket this season. Next season, if we're in the same joint, I'll be back to watching whatever's on the networks.... been doing that for 6-7 years now and it's not too bad. Now, if we move into a new place, I may investigate getting DirecTV again so we can get the Ticket free again :woot:

actually the Amish people near me have the Red Zone on their smart phones

• 6 months later...

Happy August, Huddlers. I am putting this up for response again, now that it is a new season... maybe there is some new technology out there I don't know of? I have looked around a bit ... How to watch football with no cable or satellite...

1. Off Air Antenna - works okay, but I live under tons of huge trees. If Sunday is cloudy or windy, not so good...

2. PS3 - not bad, still will cost me $600, it seems.

3. Redzone on my phone - don't have Verizon

First Row Sports - I know it's illegal ... is it illegal for them to broadcast it, or for me to watch it? Or both?

Anyway, I may go w/ PS3 option unless there's another way. Thanks for any help!

Don't think it's illegal "to watch" on First Row. I used it many times last year and it was great. Connect your laptop to the TV and you're good to go.

I had HD rabbit ears last year and I was fine; picture quality was arguably better than cable/satellite. I had a Super Bowl party last year using my HD rabbit ears and people were amaze by the quality.

For ESPN/NFL Network games, I'd go to a bar or a friend's place. Or just use FirstRow.

You could buy the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition with NFL Sunday Ticket for $100. It won't get you Thursday night games or Monday Night Football, but it'll get you everything else. You could even sell the game for $60 after you activate you Sunday Ticket subscription.

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversary-Edition-Sunday-Xbox-360/dp/B00CF7KVMI/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375979721&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+25