[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddy lacy vs manti teo

Joebirds55

My god idk if one game will ever shift the nfl future of two players as this one has. Lacy is an absolute beast. Teo is getting exposed....since Alabama is the most nfl type team one would expect teo to face, it certainly doesn't help his draft stock. Lacy is shredding, and literally throwing guys off him.

Lacy will be on my radar next season for sure

Edited by Joebirds55

I think teo stays in the first but you can't deny some teams may be a bit turned off with him literally whiffing time after time against this Alabama offense. I think he stays 1st but some mocks have him around 10-15, wouldn't be surprised to see him at the end of the 1st now....but I completely disagree with your assessment of lacy. A sproles type? I don't ever see sproles literally tossing guys off him and requiring 2 guys to bring him down...lacy is probably 230, sproles is 180 soaking wet.

I think teo stays in the first but you can't deny some teams may be a bit turned off with him literally whiffing time after time against this Alabama offense. I think he stays 1st but some mocks have him around 10-15, wouldn't be surprised to see him at the end of the 1st now....but I completely disagree with your assessment of lacy. A sproles type? I don't ever see sproles literally tossing guys off him and requiring 2 guys to bring him down...lacy is probably 230, sproles is 180 soaking wet.

I can guarantee you this: Lacy will not be drafted to be the workhorse...so yes, he will be a Bush/Sproles hybrid. nothing more.

We shall see my friend. Fact of life running backs aren't as prized in the drafts anymore, but ill agree to disagree, I think he at least gets a crack at being a work horse back, and plays a significant role immediately. I took your sproles comment as relating to the style of play versus the type of workload they'd receive, so my mistake. I respect the opinion, but bama churns out running backs that have shown they're legit. Ingram hasn't been in the best system for him to show off but he's proven he's a capable back

Taz, I agree with joe on this one. Lacy has the size, strength, and speed (look at Morris this year, supposedly "too slow") to be a feature back of an offense. If i was someone in the need of a feature back, or at least one to take the majority of the carries, I would look long and hard at Lacy and his skill set.

tell me this: who will draft him in the 1st?

What difference does his draft position make when talking about playing time? Bush/Sproles are a horrible comparison from any aspect, especially style, utilization and/or body type. If you want to say that he won't be a feature back that's fine, compare him to someone of his own style and size like maybe a Mikel LeShoure, Shonn Greene or even Jonathan Stewart and give a real reason why you don't think that he can handle being a feature back. Personally speaking I just don't see it, I have to agree with Joe & 3rd. The guy was playing like a man among boys & has played that way in every game. He has the size to run between the tackles, showed the speed to get outside, good vision and patience in his cuts, uses his blockers well, good balance, no real health concerns, useful in the passing game and a good blocker as well. As long as he's not thrown into a RBBC situation like Ingram then I think he's going to step right in line behind his former teammate.

What difference does his draft position make when talking about playing time? Bush/Sproles are a horrible comparison from any aspect, especially style, utilization and/or body type. If you want to say that he won't be a feature back that's fine, compare him to someone of his own style and size like maybe a Mikel LeShoure, Shonn Greene or even Jonathan Stewart and give a real reason why you don't think that he can handle being a feature back. Personally speaking I just don't see it, I have to agree with Joe & 3rd. The guy was playing like a man among boys & has played that way in every game. He has the size to run between the tackles, showed the speed to get outside, good vision and patience in his cuts, uses his blockers well, good balance, no real health concerns, useful in the passing game and a good blocker as well. As long as he's not thrown into a RBBC situation like Ingram then I think he's going to step right in line behind his former teammate.

Beat me to it. I stopped reading anything Taz had to say once he compared him to Bush/Sproles.

Sproles 5'6" 190

Bush 6'0" 200

Lacy 6'1" 220

So, you could just stop there and say what a stupid comparison it is, or you could, as rajn did, also mention that Bama seems to pound the rock with Lacy more than Miami does with Bush and absolutely more than NO does with Sproles who may as well be a WR who lines up behind the QB (except when he doesn't) for all the carries they give him.

Too much stock is getting put into one game.

Manti Te'o certainly didn't look good in the title game. He struggled to shed blocks and failed to wrap up and finish his tackle more than once. But I agree with Taz that if he does fall a bit, it won't be very far. He'll have the Senior Bowl, combine and a pro day to recover. He's still a first round pick. That said, those who believe that Te'o is the next great LB in the NFL are in for a rude awakening. Te'o will be solid but he won't tear up the league.

Eddie Lacy wasn't talked about very much early in the year. Whether he had yet to emerge fully from Trent Richardson's shadow or whether he simply didn't have the publicity, who knows. What I do know is that Lacy's game hasn't changed very much. He hasn't developed into a back with NFL skills, he already was one. Watch games against Arkansas and Texas A&M where Lacy wasn't seeing as big of holes open up. When Alabama's offensive line struggled (admittedly this didn't happen often), Lacy was shifty enough to turn losses into small gains by making unblocked defenders in the hole miss or only get a glancing blow. I watched him destroyed defensive backs that tried to challenge him when he got out on the edge. His spin move is lethal and has embarrassed many would-be tacklers in the hole.

Decision making to know where to run and how to get there and the ability to make movements to minimize defenders ability to tackle you are what makes running backs NFL-ready, not the ability to run through an 8 foot hole that Barrett Jones and Chance Warmack plow up the middle for you. Watch the jump cuts. Watch how Lacy picks a hole and runs for daylight. Watch the ball security and watch him make moves in the hole to maximize his yardage even if there isn't much there. Use those as your judgment for how well a guy will fare. Don't look at the gaudy numbers and assume NFL-readiness though. Lacy's numbers were more about blocking and ND's poor tackling than his abilities last night.

Edited by Tford

I do think teo will be a first rounder regardless, I'm not dismissing that. But so much of his praise was due to his praise was due to how solid he his (sure tackler, always in the right spot, nose for the ball, etc), football acumen, as opposed to his raw athleticism that I think this game is a huge deal. Notre dame faced no one with the speed of Alabama all year. Teo had missed two tackles all season, and whiffed a number of times last night. Chalk it up to one bad game if you want, but Alabama is the closest thing you'd get to nfl speed, nfl line, etc and he was flat out exposed.

I like ND too, love teo, so it's painful to admit that those hollering about him not being heisman worthy may have been right.

As far as lacy is concerned, draft position has nothing to do with his potential for nfl success. Running backs going top ten anymore are rare. Watching him cut, throw guys off him, and literally rip off 6-10 every time he got it was so frustrating. If he was tackled at first contact chances were he slipped.

Beat me to it. I stopped reading anything Taz had to say once he compared him to Bush/Sproles.

ok maybe I went over the line a tad with that comparison. I havn't done much research on the skill positions in this coming draft, cause quite frankly, its pretty weak. Darin did point out that there is depth at the QB position, I agree. But you won't see a RB go in the first and maybe, MAYBE 3 qB's. WR's? There will be 4-5 but thats it..and maybe a TE. It's all about the line this year.

I havn't looked at his stats, but can Lacy catch?

ok maybe I went over the line a tad with that comparison. I havn't done much research on the skill positions in this coming draft, cause quite frankly, its pretty weak. Darin did point out that there is depth at the QB position, I agree. But you won't see a RB go in the first and maybe, MAYBE 3 qB's. WR's? There will be 4-5 but thats it..and maybe a TE. It's all about the line this year.

I havn't looked at his stats, but can Lacy catch?

Wait, you compared him to Sproles/Bush and don't know if he can catch or not? :crazy:

I didn't watch the game. Ok I started too...turned it off after 2 HORRENDOUS blown calls made it 14-0. I was convinced by DD to turn it back on after he messaged me "If you are a ND fan, you need turn it back on". Yeah..thanks A-hole. You got me.

Was Teo really exposed that badly? I have him #2 in overall LB rankings heading into the draft..but if he got exposed that badly, against NFL rated opposition, then I might have to drop him back quite a bit.

Wait, you compared him to Sproles/Bush and don't know if he can catch or not? :crazy:

damnit as soon as I posted that, I knew I would be called out. Good catch Kegs..yeah..like I said, I don't know. Basically I was talking out my butt.

damnit as soon as I posted that, I knew I would be called out. Good catch Kegs..yeah..like I said, I don't know. Basically I was talking out my butt.

Wait, you haven't done any research on him, didn't watch the game... You do know this is still The Huddle, right? :unsure:

• Like 1

Lacy is a Bush/Sproles wanna be....2nd round at best.

Lacy is a 225 pound beast. He's Trent Richardson without the deep speed. He's been playing like this for 3 years, he's just been the 2nd fiddle until now. He won't go in the early 1st round without home-run speed, but someone is going to see him for what he is and get a bargain in the 2/3 maybe creep into the late 1st if he wows in the pre-draft process. Where do you think Morris would go if he were in the draft today? Foster? Lacy is the same guy.

His receiving has been very hot/cold. He'll make some WR-like stabs on a tough catch, then flat drop a couple like that one last night.

It will take a lot of luck, but if he ends up in the right spot he can be a complete break-out RB.

And yes, Teo got exposed. He looked terrible - absolutely terrible. He took bad angles, took himself out of a TON of plays, missed a bunch of tackles - he looked undraftable to me. I haven't watched any ND this year so don't know if it's a fluke, if he's overrated, if he didn't trust his teammates, or if he's just a stud trying to do too much by himself.

• Like 1

There are plenty of teams that could potentially have interest in lacy. Green Bay comes to mind as a possible late pick. Just thought of this too in regards to the "workhorse" back....there aren't many currently in the nfl that get 95% of the carries. Aside from cj, rice (saw alot of pierce tho last week), Peterson, foster, Trent, how many teams have a guy running it every single time. Even foster loses carries sometimes. While it may not be a 50-50 split in time, lacy will latch on somewhere and get a size able workload

Lacy is a 225 pound beast. He's Trent Richardson without the deep speed. He's been playing like this for 3 years, he's just been the 2nd fiddle until now. He won't go in the early 1st round without home-run speed, but someone is going to see him for what he is and get a bargain in the 2/3 maybe creep into the late 1st if he wows in the pre-draft process. Where do you think Morris would go if he were in the draft today? Foster? Lacy is the same guy.

His receiving has been very hot/cold. He'll make some WR-like stabs on a tough catch, then flat drop a couple like that one last night.

It will take a lot of luck, but if he ends up in the right spot he can be a complete break-out RB.

And yes, Teo got exposed. He looked terrible - absolutely terrible. He took bad angles, took himself out of a TON of plays, missed a bunch of tackles - he looked undraftable to me. I haven't watched any ND this year so don't know if it's a fluke, if he's overrated, if he didn't trust his teammates, or if he's just a stud trying to do too much by himself.

good response thanks

Lacy's hands are decent but not great (22 rec). His blitz pickup can be described as willing but lacking. He knows how to block and can execute when in position but he can be late in recognizing where the blitz is coming from sometimes.

There are plenty of teams that could potentially have interest in lacy. Green Bay comes to mind as a possible late pick. Just thought of this too in regards to the "workhorse" back....there aren't many currently in the nfl that get 95% of the carries. Aside from cj, rice (saw alot of pierce tho last week), Peterson, foster, Trent, how many teams have a guy running it every single time. Even foster loses carries sometimes. While it may not be a 50-50 split in time, lacy will latch on somewhere and get a size able workload

If you look at the stats I doubt even those guys get 95% of their teams rushing plays. 75-80% ,maybe. I know that Richardson certainly didn't carry 95%, the last few games Hardesty was getting a lot of carries. Just looking at the top 3 in rushing attempts for CLE

Richardson 267

Hardesty 65

Weeden 27

total = 359 267/359 = approx 75%. Actual total team rushing attempts were close to 400 for the season.

I'd say your best RB get 75-80%, while your more RBBC situations are a something like 60% for the top guy.