[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos/Ravens

Do Work Son

This is why Peyton's legacy will not be as great as it could have been. He has so many playoff failures. Now sure that ridiculous safety cost them the game with one of the worst plays I have ever seen given the situation, but Peyton came up small again in big spots.

3 TO's. TERRIBLE int there at the end. Just shaky in big spots. The one time he won a SB he had a bad playoffs and they won because of D. This is a huge knock on Peyton today. EVERYTHING was in the Broncos favor. Short week across the country for the Ravens. Had the lead. 10 point favs. No excuse for them.

That one is on Fox. You have the greatest QB in the game with a chance to win at the end of regulation, and you kneel on it.

They deserve to lose.

And kudos to Baltimore. That's a hell of a win in Denver.

I don't disagree that Fox was too conservative there, but I can't put it on him when Denver had two shots in OT, and Peyton throws an int that leads to the winning FG. Not fair.

With 36 seconds, 2 TO's, and needing maybe 45 yards to get a FG I would have have taken a chance also, but considering they had the ball twice after that I just can't blame Fox for the L.

1. Moore biggest goat by far. Still have no clue what he was doing there. Total blown play. Misjudged the ball and let Jones get behind him. Awful in that spot.

2. Has to be Peyton. 3 TO's. Int that directly led to loss. Came up short again in big spot.

Edited by giantsfan

Not one team I have been pulling for has won so far this playoff season.

Welcome to my NFL world.

Fox had em kneel on it at the end? What an idiot. But Manning gets his share of blame, as does the supposedly great Bronco D. Blame to go 'round really. Glad I wisely turned this off early.

Welcome to my NFL world.

Fox had em kneel on it at the end? What an idiot. But Manning gets his share of blame, as does the supposedly great Bronco D. Blame to go 'round really. Glad I wisely turned this off early.

:oldrolleyes: Sounds like a bitter Colts fan :lol:

This is sort of like when everyone picked NO a couple of years back and they lost their first game as well. Roughly 100 of 150 teams just lost Manning, D Thomas and Decker plus a ton of Moreno DEN K, DEF and ST

That one is on Fox. You have the greatest QB in the game with a chance to win at the end of regulation, and you kneel on it.

They deserve to lose.

And kudos to Baltimore. That's a hell of a win in Denver.

I believe the Broncos also had a 3rd and approximately two or three yards with about 1min and 30 seconds left in regulation. The Ravens were out of time outs. A first down...and the Broncos are in victory formation. With these stakes, the Broncos call a run play that gets snuffed out. Shocking that Peyton does not get a chance to throw the ball to pick up the first down.

That decision allowed the Ravens to get the ball back and make the Broncos D - which had looked weak all day - look completely inept.

IMO - it was that call that cost the Broncos the game.

I believe the Broncos also had a 3rd and approximately two or three yards with about 1min and 30 seconds left in regulation. The Ravens were out of time outs. A first down...and the Broncos are in victory formation. With these stakes, the Broncos call a run play that gets snuffed out. Shocking that Peyton does not get a chance to throw the ball to pick up the first down.

That decision allowed the Ravens to get the ball back and make the Broncos D - which had looked weak all day - look completely inept.

Agree.

+2

I don't disagree that Fox was too conservative there, but I can't put it on him when Denver had two shots in OT, and Peyton throws an int that leads to the winning FG. Not fair.

With 36 seconds, 2 TO's, and needing maybe 45 yards to get a FG I would have have taken a chance also, but considering they had the ball twice after that I just can't blame Fox for the L.

1. Moore biggest goat by far. Still have no clue what he was doing there. Total blown play. Misjudged the ball and let Jones get behind him. Awful in that spot.

2. Has to be Peyton. 3 TO's. Int that directly led to loss. Came up short again in big spot.

your #1 sums it up cause manning put his team in the spot to win and complete failure on def there. Manning should have never even had to try to win the game again it was already setup for the win

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

This is sort of like when everyone picked NO a couple of years back and they lost their first game as well. Roughly 100 of 150 teams just lost Manning, D Thomas and Decker plus a ton of Moreno DEN K, DEF and ST

Not to mention, I saved all of those guys in SPIT, and burned most of the Ravens (Boldin, Rice, Pitta, etc.). Brutal.

On the other hand, I did start Kaepernick, Rice, and Crabtree, so I've got 100+ with just three guys so far. :)

Respectfully I disagree with the guys who want to pin this L on Fox. I agree he deserves some blame, but he is not the main culprit IMO. He is 3rd if you ask me.

Clearly Moore is # 1. I don't think it is that close either. Just a disgusting play on the TD that tied it. What was he doing there?

But after that Peyton is the guy to me not Fox.

It was 3rd and 7 or so. I see everyone saying they should have passed there. NOT crazy at all. They could have passed. But we are going to rip Fox because he had faith in his D to not allow the Ravens to go 77 yards in 1:09 with no TO's. Come on now. That was the smart % play. If they throw a pass there and it is incomplete Fox gets destroyed for giving Balt an extra 40 seconds.

The biggest Fox blunder to me was not even trying to get some yards with 2 TO's and 31 seconds left after the Ravens tied it up. They would have needed about 45 yards. And if they never saw the ball back in OT I think Fox would have 100% been fair game to destroy.

But they did see the ball TWICE in OT. How can I kill Fox for saying hey D 1:09 left, no TO's, they need 77 yards, how about a stop. That is the % play. And 31 seconds needing 45 yards or so is certainly no given. And they had the ball twice more, so it isn't like the great Peyton Manning didn't have his chances.

So I am sorry. Fox is on the list, but no way is he better than the # 3 goat to me.

Like I said, the safety Moore is # 1 by a mile. Then Peyton HAS to be # 2. How can the great, HOF, all-time, dominant QB have TWO chances in OT to win the game and not get it done, AND throw the int that directly led to the game winning FG not be near the top of the blame list? Sorry but it is impossible. Especially when that int was a terrible pass, and he had two other TO's in the game.

Sorry but Peyton is above Fox on the list. And Moore is clearly # 1.

And BTW. What if Fox does take a chance with 31 seconds left and Peyton throws an int just like he did in OT to cost them the game? What happens then? We destroy Fox for even throwing there.

To me once Denver had not one but TWO possessions to win with just a FG in OT the ability to kill Fox for not taking a shot with 31 seconds left in the game goes WAY down. Okay he didn't take a shot with 31 seconds left BUT the great Peyton had TWO chances to win the game WITH A FG ONLY and he didn't get it done. The second chance he threw an int that won the game for the Ravens.

If Peyton never saw the ball again, or even if Balt kicked a FG on the first possession of OT Fox would get more blame. But with the way it went down, two possessions for Peyton needing only a FG, I just don't see how we can kill Fox after that.

Edited by giantsfan

Did Peyton ever throw a ball that travelled more than 15 yards after the second quarter? They went entirely dink and dunk. Combine that with the fact they had no running game, and I thought the Broncos went ultra-conservative. I am so tired of making excuses for Manning's playoff failures . . . let Broncos fans do it for a while . . .

• Like 1

And let's be honest here, Peyton was responsible for 21 offensive points. The others came on returns. And he gave away points with his three turnovers. He shares a huge chunk of the blame.

What the hell was Rahim Moore doing? Unbelievably bad safety play.

Edited by CaptainHook

With the weather being what it was, temps near 0 with the wind chill, I wonder if Peyton had issues with that. They didn't go down the field at all really. Makes me think Peyton was having issues with the really cold weather.

Could be one of the draw backs of him playing in Denver. When the weather is like that, with his neck, it could be an issue.

And yeah, Moore's play was awful. As much as I am getting on Peyton, clearly Moore was the # 1 goat. Just a WOW for how terrible of a play that was. None of the stuff after that ever should have happened. Amazingly terrible play. All time epic.