[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos/Ravens

Do Work Son

That play by Moore was the worst, totally horrible. Of course I missed most of the OT ending because my DVR cut off early and I was not watching live. Game is going to be reshown on NFL Network Monday at 8PM in a 3 hour window, planning to record and watch the end.

Yep Manning made some big mistakes and the offense wasn't producing at a high level (Moreno out hurt). The special teams was doing their job for sure with the 2 return TDs. But that end to regulation, giving up the big TD, and then not even trying to get into FG position and leaving it to OT was just crazy. Not sure why you play for OT and take the chance that your D which just collapsed gives up another TD.

Manning looked very ordinary last night.

But that play by Moore was one of the worst defensive plays I've ever seen in the waning moments of a playoff game. A completely blown assignment, followed by a terrible play on the ball once he realized what was happening. Just awful.

Champ Bailey would be doing Torrey Smiths laundry if they were in prison. It was quite the tea bagging. Peyton Romo thought he could dink and dunk his way to a conservative win. It almost worked but that blown assignment by Moore was the dagger.

Champ Bailey would be doing Torrey Smiths laundry if they were in prison. It was quite the tea bagging. Peyton Romo thought he could dink and dunk his way to a conservative win. It almost worked but that blown assignment by Moore was the dagger.

+1

Bailey's beatdown is getting forgotten in the wake of Moore's mistake. I've never seen a supposed 'premier' DB getting embarrassed over and over like he did on Saturday.

So nobody has yet to address the fact that the Ravens got a free FG practice before the game winning kick.

I've read some discussion of it but was waiting to dig further until I see the full OT which Imissed. As I understand the kicker is not allowed to take practice kicks, but there is also no rule against. The ref is supposed to tell them "don't do that, move off the field to practice kick".

I assume this happened after DEN called a TO to ice the kicker or something like that. I'm sure some group at ESPN has beaten it to death already.

I've read some discussion of it but was waiting to dig further until I see the full OT which Imissed. As I understand the kicker is not allowed to take practice kicks, but there is also no rule against. The ref is supposed to tell them "don't do that, move off the field to practice kick".

I assume this happened after DEN called a TO to ice the kicker or something like that. I'm sure some group at ESPN has beaten it to death already.

It IS against the rules but they got the kick off before it could be stopped. Yet there is no penalty against it. In a league where there is penalty for almost everything under the sun, this is not a penalized offense, yet its illegal. Loophole? Yep....doesn't make it right.

Edited by tazinib1

John Fox says he's take a knee 10 times out of 10, even after thinking about for a few days. And Elway supports him. :crazy:

http://espn.go.com/n...altimore-ravens

Elway would have gone crazy if Shanny forced him to hand off at 3rd and 7 rather than throw to seal that victory or forced him to hand off when there were 30 seconds left in the game and TOs in his pocket.

Edited by SpinalTapp

And BTW. What if Fox does take a chance with 31 seconds left and Peyton throws an int just like he did in OT to cost them the game? What happens then? We destroy Fox for even throwing there.

To me once Denver had not one but TWO possessions to win with just a FG in OT the ability to kill Fox for not taking a shot with 31 seconds left in the game goes WAY down. Okay he didn't take a shot with 31 seconds left BUT the great Peyton had TWO chances to win the game WITH A FG ONLY and he didn't get it done. The second chance he threw an int that won the game for the Ravens.

If Peyton never saw the ball again, or even if Balt kicked a FG on the first possession of OT Fox would get more blame. But with the way it went down, two possessions for Peyton needing only a FG, I just don't see how we can kill Fox after that.

Disagree. We don't destroy John Fox for putting the ball in Peyton Manning's hands at the end of regulation to try to get the ball into FG range. We destroy Peyton Manning. If the shoe was on the other foot, we would destroy John Harbaugh instead of Flacco. Denver brought Peyton Manning there to help them get over the hump. He can't do that kneeling down with 31 seconds left and two timeouts.

I don't understand how John Fox isn't responsible for all of this. He is the head coach. So Rahim Moore screwed up. Did a coach get in his ear before they took the field saying let NOBODY get behind you? Should Moore know that? Probably. But when a player makes a mental mistake like that (and let's face it, by then the deep ball had already burned Denver twice), you have to look at coaching to some degree.

John Fox is the most sacless coach in the NFL. People crucified Belichick for going for it on 4th and 1 or 2 at Indy years ago. I say to hell with that. He was trying to win the game. Fox made decision after decision that shows that he would rather play to NOT lose. And that, to me, is nutless, cowardly garbage.

I have never felt so disgusted with a Denver loss as this one. Ever. What sort of message does he send his offense by saying "kneel on it"? I'll tell you... it's a message that says "I don't trust you". Look what Atlanta did with just about the same amount of time against Seattle? Granted, Atlanta was down 1 and HAD to try to get into FG range. I agree wboleheartedly with Spinal Tapp's assessment about the 3rd down play where they called that pussified vanilla run. Baltimore was looking for the run. They knew it was highly likely to be a run to milk clock. Grow some freakin' marbles and run a play action pass there. Worst case - tell Peyton that if it's not there to take a sack and punt so you still get your precious clock milking.

This was the exact kind of coaching I feared when Denver hired Fox - a gutless, conservative decision maker who plays to not lose. I seriously don't know how "risk aversion" and "NFL head coach" can coexist.

BTW, did anyone think that Peyton's INT was almost EXACTLY like Favre's INT against the Saints in the NFC Championship game in 2009? Scrambled right, awkward cross body throw left. I cringed when he threw it even before it was picked off. Really bad decision, and unfortunately a situation that never should have even happened if not for awful pass D and nutless coaching.

• Like 4

John Fox is the most sacless coach in the NFL. People crucified Belichick for going for it on 4th and 1 or 2 at Indy years ago. I say to hell with that. He was trying to win the game. Fox made decision after decision that shows that he would rather play to NOT lose. And that, to me, is nutless, cowardly garbage.

This was the exact kind of coaching I feared when Denver hired Fox - a gutless, conservative decision maker who plays to not lose. I seriously don't know how "risk aversion" and "NFL head coach" can coexist.

This is exactly what kind of problem GB has had with McCarthy. He doesn't keep his foot on the pedal.

Broncos have fired DB coach Ron Milus. Now there is a shocker.

I'm not surprised. They needed a scapegoat.

And it wasn't going to be a certain qb who turned the ball over four times. :lol:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I'm not surprised. They needed a scapegoat.

And it wasn't going to be a certain qb who turned the ball over four times.

Correction. He wasn't "fired", his contract was not renewed. A nice way of saying your fired I suppose. They have already replaced him with Jack Del Rio's DB Coach Cory Undlin

Just finished watching the game, the practice kick by Tucker came during the switchover between OT periods. Champ Bailey was standing there waiving his arms like "what's up with that?" and an official (after the kick) ushered Tucker and some coach/assistant (not a player) who was on the field holding the ball. Dierdorf commented on it.