[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff games this past weekend

whomper

As an NFL fan with no horse in the race since my Cowboys didnt make it, I have to say that the playoff games this weekend may have been the most exciting collection of games I have ever watched . Broncos/Ravens and Sea/Atl especially were just incredible. I enjoyed watching football this weekend more than I have in a very long time. :clap: to the NFL and the sport for what we got to watch this weekend

Only because there was no hockey to compete.

Watch the ratings drop big time next weekend!

I dont think Hockey has ever been a pimple on the NFL's ass.

Well being the first time in my adult life I have NOT had a wager on any of the games I was able to watch them for what they were and couldn't believe just how enjoyable watching a good game of football could be. No worry about covering the spread or how many points would be or not be scored. I didn't even have to worry about which WR would catch the ball with FF behinds me this year.

Dang football is a great fun game to watch that I have missed for many years.

Yes I have had the games on my TV every Sunday but truly wasn't watching the game be played.

Can't wait for next weekend now :D

Well being the first time in my adult life I have NOT had a wager on any of the games I was able to watch them for what they were and couldn't believe just how enjoyable watching a good game of football could be. No worry about covering the spread or how many points would be or not be scored. I didn't even have to worry about which WR would catch the ball with FF behinds me this year.

Dang football is a great fun game to watch that I have missed for many years.

Yes I have had the games on my TV every Sunday but truly wasn't watching the game be played.

Can't wait for next weekend now :D

Im a sucker for the over. This weekend was paradise

Agreed some of the greatest playoff football in a while, at least on one weekend. No early blowouts, even HOU-NE was close until 3rd quarter.

For those like mustofbeendrunk who just realized again that the NFL has some great games, try to remember that during the regular season when you're watching red zone, or flipping around between games, or generally focusing on fantasy stats and betting angles.

Agreed some of the greatest playoff football in a while, at least on one weekend. No early blowouts, even HOU-NE was close until 3rd quarter.

For those like mustofbeendrunk who just realized again that the NFL has some great games, try to remember that during the regular season when you're watching red zone, or flipping around between games, or generally focusing on fantasy stats and betting angles.

It is very odd (and lame) how you seem to have an issue with the different ways that people enjoy NFL football.

I could dog you for watching commercials for 4 hours just to catch two teams play that you don't really care about, but to each his own...

Oh and since I know trivial stuff like this bothers you, CBS is overpriced and sucks :moon:

It is very odd (and lame) how you seem to have an issue with the different ways that people enjoy NFL football.

I could dog you for watching commercials for 4 hours just to catch two teams play that you don't really care about, but to each his own...

Oh and since I know trivial stuff like this bothers you, CBS is overpriced and sucks :moon:

Oh no, you hurt my feelings.......

The point is, I don't think people are enjoying NFL football that way. Reading the post by mustofbeendrunk he sounds like somebody that just watched their first NFL game in years. Every week he's so concerned about his fantasy team and the bets he's made that he doesn't really ENJOY watching the games.

That is all I'm saying, enjoy NFL football games. I'm concerned that the focus of some fans today on FF, betting, RZC, etc. will change the game I love. People no longer take in a whole game and look at the big picture, its all highlights and stats.

I don't understand the bolded part, especially since I rarely watch commercials, I DVR the games and start them 30-60 minutes late or more and spend my time enjoying something else (rather than watch commercials).

Oh no, you hurt my feelings.......

The point is, I don't think people are enjoying NFL football that way. Reading the post by mustofbeendrunk he sounds like somebody that just watched their first NFL game in years. Every week he's so concerned about his fantasy team and the bets he's made that he doesn't really ENJOY watching the games.

That is all I'm saying, enjoy NFL football games. I'm concerned that the focus of some fans today on FF, betting, RZC, etc. will change the game I love. People no longer take in a whole game and look at the big picture, its all highlights and stats.

I don't understand the bolded part, especially since I rarely watch commercials, I DVR the games and start them 30-60 minutes late or more and spend my time enjoying something else (rather than watch commercials).

Nobody cares, but don't let that stop you from being a stick in the mud.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Have to admit that as the years have gone by I have been more interested in highlights and flipping from game to game than watching a full game. But once the POs start and my team is not there I really enjoy watching a full game. I couldn't care less if a commercial comes on....gives me a chance to hit the head or get more coffee.

Have to admit that as the years have gone by I have been more interested in highlights and flipping from game to game than watching a full game. But once the POs start and my team is not there I really enjoy watching a full game. I couldn't care less if a commercial comes on....gives me a chance to hit the head or get more coffee.

Yep. I watched the full games too. I had action on the games but even if I didnt, I enjoy playoff football a great deal. The finality of it. No series, just a head to head game. Loser goes home.

That is all I'm saying, enjoy NFL football games. I'm concerned that the focus of some fans today on FF, betting, RZC, etc. will change the game I love.

really steve? :rofl:

really steve? :rofl:

Yes really, glad you got a laugh out of it. Go back and read mustofbeendrunks post and tell me if you think he enjoys watching football during the regular season. I've heard the same thing from people with multiple fantasy teams, how agonizing it is because player X scores and is on there team, but wait he's on 3 of their opponents teams as well.