[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manti Te'o's draft stock plummeting

tazinib1

There was a story in a school paper that said he met her at a game and they touched hands and exchanged phone numbers. That article has since disappeared from the web...if I can find it I'll link to it.

But like I said...his story has holes...tons of them...

He said they talked for hours on the phone...if so easy to prove with phone records...if he was duped he should be able to present those records.

He said he sent roses to her funeral...if so there has to be a paper trail from the florist that delivered them...credit card info or delivery/name info...if he can present something for those flowers it will go a long way to proving he was duped...if he can't then well doesn't shine a very good light on him.

EDIT: it was in the South Bend Tribune but I found a copy of it that was run in another paper: LINK Read the very 2nd paragraph

Then check this out: http://goo.gl/OzqRU in an interview with ND athletics he says the last letter he got from her was on OCT 13th(she died in SEPTEMBER). So the timeline: She died in September. October she wrote him her final letter. November he gave this interview. It's not like he could have gotten games mixed up because ND only played Stanford once this year.

F the Huddle! TMZ here Keggerz comes!.

Edited by White lightning

I don't know if either you, DMD or Keggerz were on Twitter when all this happened, but I was. And it was, to say the least, as experience. When ND held that news presser, for the short time I've been active on Twitter (less than a week now), it was eerily silent. 5 minutes into the interview, the Twitter community was silent. Glued to ND AD Swarbrick, I saw a total of 5 new tweets in 5 minutes. I follow almost 500 people in the NFL community. From beat writers/columnists/players/team officials/reporters/ESPN personalities, you name it. When ESPN's live feed stopped, I remember a blast of tweets demanding to know of a secondary feed. I happened to be watching an online feed that carried the entire presser. Dana Jacobson blasted ESPN for cutting in the middle of it lol. It was the strangest thing I have ever witnessed. After it was over, I could barely keep up with the tweets and let me tell you, they were not nice at all. The jokes,jabs were relentless. And this is coming from VERY WELL known celebrities and respected people,players and team reps. Active, respected players laughing at him and saying he's gonna catch hell in the locker room. Laugh all you want about Twitter, but the amount of information that I see comes so quickly, I can barely keep up. This whole thing smells fishy to me (see what I did there? catfish? no? too early?). Things don't add up at all. Keggerz pointed out some holes, but there are many, many more things coming out I can't begin to list. I hope Manti clears alot of them up today when he speaks. He's gonna have to come clean, no 2 ways about it.

Perhaps I am badly jaded when it comes to sports and celebrity, but I am struck wondering if his pursuit of the Heisman was a factor in all this, something that the ND athletic department gladly fed into. This is way bigger than Joe Theisman changing how he pronounced his last name.

FWIW, he was a Heisman candidate this year...the "relationship" started in 2009.

I don't know if either you, DMD or Keggerz were on Twitter when all this happened, but I was. And it was, to say the least, as experience. When ND held that news presser, for the short time I've been active on Twitter (less than a week now), it was eerily silent. 5 minutes into the interview, the Twitter community was silent. Glued to ND AD Swarbrick, I saw a total of 5 new tweets in 5 minutes. I follow almost 500 people in the NFL community. From beat writers/columnists/players/team officials/reporters/ESPN personalities, you name it. When ESPN's live feed stopped, I remember a blast of tweets demanding to know of a secondary feed. I happened to be watching an online feed that carried the entire presser. Dana Jacobson blasted ESPN for cutting in the middle of it lol. It was the strangest thing I have ever witnessed. After it was over, I could barely keep up with the tweets and let me tell you, they were not nice at all. The jokes,jabs were relentless. And this is coming from VERY WELL known celebrities and respected people,players and team reps. Active, respected players laughing at him and saying he's gonna catch hell in the locker room. Laugh all you want about Twitter, but the amount of information that I see comes so quickly, I can barely keep up. This whole thing smells fishy to me (see what I did there? catfish? no? too early?). Things don't add up at all. Keggerz pointed out some holes, but there are many, many more things coming out I can't begin to list. I hope Manti clears alot of them up today when he speaks. He's gonna have to come clean, no 2 ways about it.

I was on twitter up until about 9pm eastern...i "saw" it unraveling.

Dude! You were on TWITTER last night? No way! :pokey:

Past the immediate reaction (twitter) watching more interviews today like with ESPNs wojo, First Take, etc has been telling today. A LOT of holes in this story. But why would Notre Dame then throw their support behind the hoax idea? Too many lies by Te'o in this story to keep straight.

I'm as fascinated by this story as everybody else. But i want to make one thing very clear. When it comes down to it, Manti Te'o is not a horrible person. He did not rape anybody. He did not commit murder. He did not molest a child. He did not smack his mother around. He doesn't beat up women. He doesn't rob banks. He is not a crack head or a pot head or a heroin junkie. He's a young man that probably got caught up in something that got out of control. Thats it. But lets not kid ourselves here....this story will command a HUGH amount of attention from the media until the next Manti story explodes. Remember, we were all talking about that duechebag Lance just 2 days ago. It amazes me how fast story's explode then settle in the media these days. Do I think Manti's draft stock is really hurt that much? Maybe a tad...maybe a few teams will have second thoughts. But I don't think this story is going to have a major impact on that. His draft stock was exposed during the NCG. He will, without a doubt, have one of the biggest press attendance during his combine presser in history. What he does at the combine will go a long way where, and whom he is drafted by. Does he fall to the 2nd round? The 3rd because of this? Not a chance..he's still a 1st round draft pick. But lets make no mistake here...this story is bizarre as hell and everybody is fascinated with it. We all want to know the truth, cause lets face it, its our human nature. But I really do hope that somebody is with him right now. Like I said earlier, something like this could make a young man that is emotionally fragile, do something none of us want to happen. I hope the kid is ok..and I hope he comes clean. For his sake.

I'm as fascinated by this story as everybody else. But i want to make one thing very clear. When it comes down to it, Manti Te'o is not a horrible person. He did not rape anybody. He did not commit murder. He did not molest a child. He did not smack his mother around. He doesn't beat up women. He doesn't rob banks. He is not a crack head or a pot head or a heroin junkie. He's a young man that probably got caught up in something that got out of control. Thats it. But lets not kid ourselves here....this story will command a HUGH amount of attention from the media until the next Manti story explodes. Remember, we were all talking about that duechebag Lance just 2 days ago. It amazes me how fast story's explode then settle in the media these days. Do I think Manti's draft stock is really hurt that much? Maybe a tad...maybe a few teams will have second thoughts. But I don't think this story is going to have a major impact on that. His draft stock was exposed during the NCG. He will, without a doubt, have one of the biggest press attendance during his combine presser in history. What he does at the combine will go a long way where, and whom he is drafted by. Does he fall to the 2nd round? The 3rd because of this? Not a chance..he's still a 1st round draft pick. But lets make no mistake here...this story is bizarre as hell and everybody is fascinated with it. We all want to know the truth, cause lets face it, its our human nature. But I really do hope that somebody is with him right now. Like I said earlier, something like this could make a young man that is emotionally fragile, do something none of us want to happen. I hope the kid is ok..and I hope he comes clean. For his sake.

Fraud is better than a pothead? If he is guilty of it that is...

• Like 1

Fraud is better than a pothead? If he is guilty of it that is...

If he's guilty of that, then that's a whole different issue. Did he continue this hoax after learning about it to spike his Heisman status? Who knows...I'm sure we'll find out pretty quickly. But yeah, being a pothead in the NFL is rather stupid don't ya think? Remember, we are talking football players here, not Joe Public like you and me. That being said, I've been sober for almost 2 months and a bong hit sounds delicious!!! :wink:

And just like that, Jeremy Schaap's sitdown interview on ESPN with Te'o today has been scrapped.

This crazy story is becoming gigantic.

Te'o can't hide behind lawyer'd up statements from ND anymore.

He needs to come forward and speak. And answer every question.

If that is the case then he should be able to provide phone records of the 8 hour calls and the receipt for the roses he sent to her funeral...still doesn't explain how he says he got a letter from her over a month after she died.

Not sure how much experience you have woth the USPS but a letter getting lost in the mail isnt uncommon. He didnt say when she wrote it....