[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manti Te'o's draft stock plummeting

tazinib1

I've been waiting for somebody to put this on paper

This is the meat on the bone of this entirely bizarre story. Why keep the story going if you already knew it to be a hoax??

At least that site had some pix so I could dream about my next fake girlfriend. ("Sexiest daughters of athletes")

He's just a kid. If he made it up, whatever the reasons, who are we to demand a public accounting? At the very least, let him say "I screwed up" and let it be. If he was truly duped, all the more reason to leave him be. If an NFL team interested in drafting him high in the draft wants to know what happened, let them ask as his potential employer, but we don't have rights to any details. If he wasn't who he is, and instead was some no name linebacker playing for New Mexico State, no one would give a crap.

Lance Armstrong, who lied for a decade, finally fesses up and somehow it takes a back seat to this story. The conference championships are coming up this weekend, yet the hottest topic on a football forum is this story. No wonder the National Enquirer still sells. We are a country of idiots. :sad:

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 2

Why keep the story going if you already knew it to be a hoax??

Because he's a 22 year old kid that got caught up in the wave of emotion/support/love/caring/compassion/publicity/awards/financials that came along with it and, being a 22 year old kid, didn't think anyone would find out about it or consider/understand the consequences of it if they did.

My take? He met her gaming, he fell for that whole "I'm a sexy hottie young girl IRL" thing, and when he found out the truth he felt like a sucker and made up a story that spun out of control.

• Like 1

He's just a kid. If he made it up, whatever the reasons, who are we to demand a public accounting? At the very least, let him say "I screwed up" and let it be. If he was truly duped, all the more reason to leave him be. If an NFL team interested in drafting him high in the draft wants to know what happened, let them ask as his potential employer, but we don't have rights to any details. If he wasn't who he is, and instead was some no name linebacker playing for New Mexico State, no one would give a crap.

Lance Armstrong, who lied for a decade, finally fesses up and somehow it takes a back seat to this story. The conference championships are coming up this weekend, yet the hottest topic on a football forum is this story. No wonder the National Enquirer still sells. We are a country of idiots. :sad:

Exactly. Far worse than anything Te'o may or may not have done. A bunch of tittering simpering teenage girls. Bah.

I don't care about him or ND but the story is too odd not to follow.

I think a lot of people fall into that category. Don't care a whole lot, but it's so bizarre that it's hard not to at least be curious what the real truth is. Heck, even the people who claim to not give two shlts about it still take the time to read the thread and post in it. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of people fall into that category. Don't care a whole lot, but it's so bizarre that it's hard not to at least be curious what the real truth is. Heck, even the people who claim to not give two shlts about it still take the time to read the thread and post in it. :rolleyes:

Only so we can brag about how superior we are. :tab:

• Like 1

This thread is entertaining because it is a trainwreck in and of itself. I'm not reading the story about T'eo, nor could I care any less. I'm shaking my head at the football guys gossiping like college girls, ESPN and the like included.

Oh, and this. :)

Only so we can brag about how superior we are. :tab:

This story is much more interesting than anything that d-bag Armstrong has to say.

I hope his stock falls to the Packers in the 1st round.

I can't imagine he will be a first round pick...mostly because of his performance in the Championship game, but this crap certainly doens't help either. Be careful what you wish for.